OOC Chat

Togashi Saruko

Re: OOC Chat

Post by Togashi Saruko » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:43 am

Bayushi Umeno wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:41 am
Well, with family head's out next game, there's plenty of room for new Lion to pop up if people wanted.
Gotta have that new blood, ya know! :D I already have some ideas!
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:44 am

Shinjo Koyama wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:43 am
Has there been word on reprising, time jumps, etc?
Those of us that are Daimyo or probably spouses are probably not coming back and the jump is ten to twenty years but nothing firm.

Nanzi will not be back.
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace
Supporting Staff: Doji Jigutsuji, Nanzi Jongwun, Raven on shoulder

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:46 am

Part of me wants to make a trilogy out of Sora's career... and part of me things that by the time the next game rolls around, he should be either way more badass than the XP expenditure will permit, or, given his position as a veteran of this expedition, a founder of the library system, someone with the Emperor's ear... not a good choice, depending on the premise.

We'll see.
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:48 am

If the time jump's 20 years, he'll be a REAL old man indeed. :D
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Former Kawagaya | Stand-Oafish | Blessed
Carries: Armor, Dai Tsuchi, Tetsubo, Tanto, Hat and Cloak, Pack

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:49 am

Not sure I have heard ten, fifteen, and twenty.
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:49 am

My guess is the Lion and Scorpion will get a lot more support in a few games when the popular Clans start to get filled out more.
Spider Clan * "Scout" * Unloved By Her Ancestors

Items: Bronze Sword * Jade * Ashigaru Armor (when scouting and such) * Mask (when scouting and such) * Lucky Cricket in Cage (during down time)

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:51 am

Nanzi wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:49 am
Even if it's just one year, Sora will still be an Old Man.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Former Kawagaya | Stand-Oafish | Blessed
Carries: Armor, Dai Tsuchi, Tetsubo, Tanto, Hat and Cloak, Pack

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:52 am

Bayushi Umeno wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:51 am
Nanzi wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:49 am
Even if it's just one year, Sora will still be an Old Man.
It's true. Sora will be very old. :D
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:53 am

Sora was born an old man.
Imperial | Former Isawa | Bushi | Artisan | Skeletal
Outfit in camp: No weapon, no trinket (D1-D7), jade (D9+) | On patrol: Light armor, yari, bronze sword, yumi + quiver
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Reputation: What Is Expected | Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:54 am

Best thing about a thread with Yamadono: Having someone Sora can call "Old Man" without being ironic about it.
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:54 am

On the other hand, it could be hilarious to have at least one token old PC as everyone shows up with the next generation of godlings and what-not.

"You young whipper-snappers. Hah! Before you were born, I was giving your parents nightmares and wedgies!"

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:58 am

Togashi Saruko wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:54 am
On the other hand, it could be hilarious to have at least one token old PC as everyone shows up with the next generation of godlings and what-not.

"You young whipper-snappers. Hah! Before you were born, I was giving your parents nightmares and wedgies!"

Is Sora the only non-Daimyo/Kami Spouse left from the first game in this one? :lol: Maybe sucking like a hoover at earnign rewards in that game is a blessing in disguise...

EDIT: No, wait! Yamadono and Dawei, too!

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:00 am

Yamadono is going to be Matsu almost assuredly as that was the whole setup for the character.

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:22 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:58 am
Togashi Saruko wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:54 am

Is Sora the only non-Daimyo/Kami Spouse left from the first game in this one? :lol: Maybe sucking like a hoover at earnign rewards in that game is a blessing in disguise...

EDIT: No, wait! Yamadono and Dawei, too!
Got my students. Got my honey, too.

May or may not return for Dawn 3. Depends on if there's a side-game, as well.
Seppun Dawei
Stag Clan * Bushi * Quiet * O-Iemoto * Experienced
Status 2.0, Glory 2.0, Reputation 4.5
In village: wears sturdy clothes; carries bronze sword, knife, often a piece of wood he's carving, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
Out of village: wears ashigaru armor; carries bronze sword, yumi, quiver of arrows, traveling pack, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
"Speaking" * Thinking
Description from Dawn 1 * Current Description
Player based in Kerrville, Texas

Shoji Haka

Post by Shoji Haka » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:26 am

Haka is joining the Scorpion, thanks to Umeno introducing her to Bayushu.

As a daimyo, no less!
Shoji Tribe • Shaman • Blind • Enlightened • Earth • Void • Haunted

Glory: 2.0

I gave you blood, blood, gallons of the stuff,
I gave you all that you can drink and it has never been enough

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:26 am

Moving on up.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:27 am

And the Scorps get Ishiken!

Creepy, name-shunning Ishiken. I like it!

Jin

Post by Jin » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:33 am

Pleasantly surprised that Jin has lived long enough for me to get to retire him. I was honestly expecting this game to be much more of a meat grinder and for him to end up sacrificing himself at some point. (No complaints that it didn't turn out to be a meat grinder - they can be fun too but this game was great)
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:57 am

Jin wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:33 am
...this game was great
Seconded, emphatically.
Seppun Dawei
Stag Clan * Bushi * Quiet * O-Iemoto * Experienced
Status 2.0, Glory 2.0, Reputation 4.5
In village: wears sturdy clothes; carries bronze sword, knife, often a piece of wood he's carving, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
Out of village: wears ashigaru armor; carries bronze sword, yumi, quiver of arrows, traveling pack, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
"Speaking" * Thinking
Description from Dawn 1 * Current Description
Player based in Kerrville, Texas

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:19 am

I too had a great time.

I also expected more of a meat-grinder and more terrible things to happen to us every IC day, but I'm actually glad for where we ended up at. With everything that's going on in the world, I was... very happy to have a game where I felt we had hope and a chance to do good. <3

Theme 2Profile

Return to “Out of Character Chat”