[Day 16, EN] Stand by Me

Hanzou

Re: [Day 16, EN] Stand by Me

Post by Hanzou » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:10 am

"What about you, Aono?" he asked. "What do you hope to do once we return to your home?
I still have much to learn about you."
Stranger ~ Shugenja ~ Water ~ Archer ~ Hunter ~ Healer ~ Spirit Talker ~ Small ~ Wary ~ Ennui
Glory 2 ~ Reputation 4 ~ Status 1

Carries: Yumi, Arrows, Aiguchi, Lantern, Water, Medicine Kit, Jade (4/7)

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:33 am

She looked to the young man her sister loved. She looked over him and could appreciate what Miuna found appealing in his features.

"I'll go back to assisting our father with his medical practices. Nothing special or grand." She let out a sharp laugh, though she ended it on a sigh. "Returning to some semblance of normalcy will be a welcome feeling."

Though she knew that would never be Miuna's path. The girl never slowed down, a brush with death in the pit of hell made no exception. She smiled, wistful. Miuna had gone and become a fierce and headstrong woman right before her eyes. Admittedly, there wasn't much change if you observed from the outside. But it was prominent there, in her wide, green eyes. A knowledge, things her sister would rather she never had to learn. She had wanted so much to protect her from the horrors of the world. It wasn't until it was almost too late that she realized what a mistake that had been.

Miuna had taken it in stride, though. Every time she got knocked down, her fire seemingly extinguished, she would rise once again as the whole flame, burning anything that dared try to dim her.

Aono was proud of her sister. She would continue to worry, as big sisters are wont to do. But seeing all that Miuna was able to accomplish on that expedition proved she was more than ready for Aono to stop smothering her. Aono laughed inwardly. She'd try her best to stop, but some habits were harder to break than others.
Ki-Rin • Blessed by Tengoku • Dangerous Beauty • Deaf • Feisty
• Shugenja • Small • Soft-hearted

Miuna | Aono | Description

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:53 am

"I look forward to meeting him. I'd like to be useful to him and to you, as well." he said.
Stranger ~ Shugenja ~ Water ~ Archer ~ Hunter ~ Healer ~ Spirit Talker ~ Small ~ Wary ~ Ennui

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:07 am

"You can be useful to me by being good to her," she said, patting Miuna on the head.

"Father will love you!" Miuna added excitedly.

Home. How she longed to go home. Things would be changing, now. She wasn't sure if she was excited or terrified. Probably a mix of both.
Last edited by Shinjo Miuna on Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:13 am

"Of course." he nodded. "But, that means being good to you, knowing how important you are to her. I hope we become close friends."

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:02 pm

"Of course," she replied.

Then she did something very out of character for the rather proper woman.
She embraced them both.

Miuna stood between them, her arms wrapped about Hanzou's waist and her sister's arms encompassing them. She felt warm and comfortable. She breathed deeply and sighed. It was the first time since they began this expedition that she had felt any semblance of safety.

Aono drew back gently, looking at them both. She smiled. "I'd like for us to become close, as well."

Miuna held on tight to Hanzou. It was really over. They were making plans. They were going home. She didn't know if she would ever see some of the others again. The thought made her sad, but everyone had their purpose within their respective clans and families and she was happier to see them going back to their friends and loved ones.

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:17 pm

"We are cheenk connected by Miuna's love." He kissed Miuna's forehead. "I'm sure I'll come snickt to love you as she does."

Return to “The Camp”