D24EA, Carving Again (Open)

Seppun Dawei

D24EA, Carving Again (Open)

Post by Seppun Dawei » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:14 pm

Being back in safer places, and having refreshed himself, Dawei finds a quiet place out of the way, pulls out a chunk of wood and his knife, and proceeds to carve. It goes exceedingly well (Woodcarving 45), and it is not long before a figure emerges from the wood--a figure of a man, posed evidently to proceed on a hunt, carrying a spear.

When he looks on what emerges from the wood, Dawei smiles.
Seppun Dawei
Stag Clan * Bushi * Quiet * O-Iemoto * Experienced
Status 2.0, Glory 2.0, Reputation 4.5
In village: wears sturdy clothes; carries bronze sword, knife, often a piece of wood he's carving, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
Out of village: wears ashigaru armor; carries bronze sword, yumi, quiver of arrows, traveling pack, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
"Speaking" * Thinking
Description from Dawn 1 * Current Description
Player based in Kerrville, Texas

Ryoshun Mai

Re: D24EA, Carving Again (Open)

Post by Ryoshun Mai » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:26 pm

Mai nodded at the man she'd yet to meet. "You are quite talented with the knife. Are you perhaps Dawei-sensei? This one is Ryoshun Mai." She held a small chunk of wood that already had a bit of work done and a carver's knife, herself. "May I join you?"
Ryoshun Family* Artisan * Cursed!
Status - 1.0, Reputation - What is Expected, Glory - 3.5
Wears/Carries:
Light Armor, Sturdy Clothing, tanto, yari, whetstone, Blacksmith's hammer, inherited carving knife, 8 shark teeth

Seppun Dawei

Re: D24EA, Carving Again (Open)

Post by Seppun Dawei » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:28 pm

Dawei stands and bows.

"I am named Dawei, and there are some who call me sensei, yes. Please, do join me; I'm always happy to meet a fellow woodworker."

He resumes his seat.

"What's coming out of the wood for you?"
Seppun Dawei
Stag Clan * Bushi * Quiet * O-Iemoto * Experienced
Status 2.0, Glory 2.0, Reputation 4.5
In village: wears sturdy clothes; carries bronze sword, knife, often a piece of wood he's carving, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
Out of village: wears ashigaru armor; carries bronze sword, yumi, quiver of arrows, traveling pack, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
"Speaking" * Thinking
Description from Dawn 1 * Current Description
Player based in Kerrville, Texas

Return to “Courtyard”