Choosing the Rescue Team [LM, D15]

Ninube

Re: Choosing the Rescue Team [LM, D15]

Post by Ninube » Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:48 am

"I will go. Reiko said I have a destiny. This might be it."
Spider Clan * "Scout" * Unloved By Her Ancestors

Items: Bronze Sword * Jade * Ashigaru Armor (when scouting and such) * Mask (when scouting and such) * Lucky Cricket in Cage (during down time)

Ko

Post by Ko » Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:48 am

"You're the parent of a little child, Godswife." Ko uncrossed her arms and shot a look of concern at Kinsen. "Is that... wise?"

Either way, she drew herself up in all her finery of barbaric jewelry. "I would be glad to go down, if my hands can help. Or go wherever I am sent. I came to ask a great boon of the Kami--there's nothing I wouldn't offer in return."
Shore People ✖ 'Bushi? That sounds right' ✖ Stone-tool-user ✖ Awkward ✖ On A Quest
Status: 1.0 ✖ Glory: 1.0 ✖ Reputation: Bad, real bad ✖ Character description

Wears: Simple clothing, pearl and coral jewelry, copper coin bracelet; light armor when expecting danger.
Carries: Walking staff or yumi (or both); knives; jade, pack with misc fishing & survival tools and small daily items. Warclub (tetsubo) when needed.

Jin

Post by Jin » Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:49 am

"Those who go will face threats that may be beyond iron, stone, and bronze to harm - without shugenja with them this is a dire danger. If any has a weapon with an awakened spirit it should be put to this cause. For the rest we should spare whatever jade we do not need for the trip back to coat their weapons."
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:50 am

"I have some jade I can spare for the warriors to use on their weapons. Uhm... how... ritualized must this wedding ceremony be?"

Was she going to have to channel Doji's ceremonial skills?
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:52 am

Nanzi said, “Nanzi will serve in any capacity that Shinjo-sama or Reiko-san sees fit. If they have need of his blade he will dive into hell itself and pluck Fu Leng out. As it stands since Shinsei will choose, Nanzi is dutiful enough to stand guard over the priests, but as he said, his blade is where ever you most need it,”
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace
Supporting Staff: Doji Jigutsuji, Nanzi Jongwun, Raven on shoulder

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:53 am

Noriaki no Yamadono wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:44 am
Matsu smiled at Phi, moving from her father to join her teacher and friend. Yamadono moved to stand with Ryoko, listening to her music. Listening to the discussion, he spoke up.
Phi smiled down at her, resting a hand on her shoulder when the girl came in close. She didn't particularly care if there was any sentiments about physical contact. They were in a tight tent, and she was doing it. She didn't look with concern when Yamadono said what he did. She doubted very much that Matsu would have expected any less of her father. As others began to pipe up with their desire to step into the fray, Phi remained silent. Shinjo had said it. Shinsei would choose, and she trusted him to remain just objective enough not to make the choice of where she went just because of personal feelings that may have developed coming out here.

She was not a leader. Not a decider. She would go where they needed her, and this would be done soon. When Nanzi spoke, she nodded once, curtly, in agreement. It was as he said. They would be where they needed to.
Last edited by Nozomi on Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Disciple of Shinsei * Experienced Phi * Disturbing Countenance * Former Rappa
Status - 1.0, Reputation - "What is Expected," Glory - 2.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:53 am

"Where you need me, I will go," Dawei says. "I trust the wise to know where I will serve them best."
Seppun Dawei
Stag Clan * Bushi * Quiet * O-Iemoto * Experienced
Status 2.0, Glory 2.0, Reputation 4.5
In village: wears sturdy clothes; carries bronze sword, knife, often a piece of wood he's carving, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
Out of village: wears ashigaru armor; carries bronze sword, yumi, quiver of arrows, traveling pack, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
"Speaking" * Thinking
Description from Dawn 1 * Current Description
Player based in Kerrville, Texas

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:56 am

"Between creating this shield of purity and sealing the treeckt tear between the realms, this may be very taxing and dangerous for the shugenja." Hanzou spoke up. "I don't see an alternative, and I am sneent willing, but it is a concern."
Last edited by Hanzou on Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stranger ~ Shugenja ~ Water ~ Archer ~ Hunter ~ Healer ~ Spirit Talker ~ Small ~ Wary ~ Ennui
Glory 2 ~ Reputation 4 ~ Status 1

Carries: Yumi, Arrows, Aiguchi, Lantern, Water, Medicine Kit, Jade (4/7)

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:04 am

"I volunteer.

To stay.

I know of my limits. I know of where I'll be most useful.

I volunteer to prepare the camp for assaults, to dig trenches, to sharpen weapons and furbish armors.

I volunteer to help with the wedding, to cook, to sew, to sculpt.

I volunteer to stay behind and act as a last line of defense for our priests.

I volunteer to do what must be done."
Imperial | Former Isawa | Bushi | Artisan | Skeletal
Outfit in camp: No weapon, no trinket (D1-D7), jade (D9+) | On patrol: Light armor, yari, bronze sword, yumi + quiver
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Reputation: What Is Expected | Description

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:07 am

Taochusu speaks up. "Lots of folks that have come here have responsibilities and people that count on them outside this expedition. Others like me, not so much. If members of clans and families crawl into hell and can't get back their loss will be felt by many. I am willing to go and the only people that will miss me are folks that came along here and knew the risks. I'm not hoping to die like this, but I am willing to do so for the mission cause life is precious. But my death would have minimal impact on others, no tribe or clan loses anything by my death. Having few connections isn't a reason to send someone into danger, but I think it's a good reason to accept someone that is willing. Let me go."
Wanderer • Large

Carries: light armor, dai tsuchi, guqin, yumi & arrows, small knife, hatchet, jade finger

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:10 am

Ko wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:48 am
"You're the parent of a little child, Godswife." Ko uncrossed her arms and shot a look of concern at Kinsen. "Is that... wise?"
Kinsen glances at Ko and frowns at her question, but doesn't say anything. This was not the moment for discord. In her heart, there's no conflict.

As much as Hantei said he's bound to rescue his brother, so is Kinsen belief that she has to protect her family. Such is honor. She cannot sit idly and see her lord and husband put himself in peril, leaving their child and Clan uncared for, without offering her own life first.
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:11 am

"Any who are unable to commune with the kami will be needed to protect them from harm in some capacity, Jigoku will not take our intrusion lightly. As for who will make the descent..." Shinsei walked to the immediate center of the group, and slowly looked around at each of those assembled. "I have been studying a technique that supposedly allows one to view the soul of another, see what strengths and weaknesses they have, and determine who is most likely capable of withstanding the journey. But I am uncertain as to its efficacy, so far I've only been able to practice it on Karasu."

When mentioned, the bird glares around the room knowingly. "Awck."

"Those of you willing, line up before me and I will make the decision."

[The team will be chosen from a select group based on actions certain players have taken throughout the game but everyone is welcome to step forward to get a fun story about what Shinsei sees in them]
Mysterious Stranger | Ascetic | Enlightened

Run by GM Bakuriel

Shinjo

Post by Shinjo » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:14 am

Togashi Saruko wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:50 am
"I have some jade I can spare for the warriors to use on their weapons. Uhm... how... ritualized must this wedding ceremony be?"

Was she going to have to channel Doji's ceremonial skills?
"Very... Our mother is a being of Tengoku and holds ritual, ceremony, and right action very highly."
Kami | Paragon of Honesty | Paragon of Compassion | Daredevil | Quick | Absolute Direction | Wary

Honor: 10.0, Status: 9.0, Glory: 10.0

Run by GM Canary

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:14 am

Dawei steps forward.

"I submit myself to the evaluation of the Wise."
Seppun Dawei
Stag Clan * Bushi * Quiet * O-Iemoto * Experienced
Status 2.0, Glory 2.0, Reputation 4.5
In village: wears sturdy clothes; carries bronze sword, knife, often a piece of wood he's carving, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
Out of village: wears ashigaru armor; carries bronze sword, yumi, quiver of arrows, traveling pack, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
"Speaking" * Thinking
Description from Dawn 1 * Current Description
Player based in Kerrville, Texas

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:14 am

Taochusu moves to stand in line, "Hey there Karasu, Shinsei."
Wanderer • Large

Carries: light armor, dai tsuchi, guqin, yumi & arrows, small knife, hatchet, jade finger

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:16 am

Shinjo wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:14 am
"Very... Our mother is a being of Tengoku and holds ritual, ceremony, and right action very highly."
"Then... as I am no great warrior, I'll put all my skills and effort into make it a proper ceremony worthy of divine matrimony." Saruko said, giving a respectful bow to her Kami-sister.
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Ko

Post by Ko » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:17 am

Shinsei wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:11 am
"Any who are unable to commune with the kami will be needed to protect them from harm in some capacity, Jigoku will not take our intrusion lightly. As for who will make the descent..." Shinsei walked to the immediate center of the group, and slowly looked around at each of those assembled. "I have been studying a technique that supposedly allows one to view the soul of another, see what strengths and weaknesses they have, and determine who is most likely capable of withstanding the journey. But I am uncertain as to its efficacy, so far I've only been able to practice it on Karasu."

When mentioned, the bird glares around the room knowingly. "Awck."

"Those of you willing, line up before me and I will make the decision."

[The team will be chosen from a select group based on actions certain players have taken throughout the game but everyone is welcome to step forward to get a fuj story about what Shinsei sees in them]
Ko steps forward with a wordless salute Shore People style, palm to heart and head held high.
Last edited by Ko on Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shore People ✖ 'Bushi? That sounds right' ✖ Stone-tool-user ✖ Awkward ✖ On A Quest
Status: 1.0 ✖ Glory: 1.0 ✖ Reputation: Bad, real bad ✖ Character description

Wears: Simple clothing, pearl and coral jewelry, copper coin bracelet; light armor when expecting danger.
Carries: Walking staff or yumi (or both); knives; jade, pack with misc fishing & survival tools and small daily items. Warclub (tetsubo) when needed.

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:17 am

Nanzi rose and looked at Shinsei and said, “I volunteer but will not be judged by you, whose hubris nearly killed the Thunder, who ran when we needed him most. Nanzi will not be judged by a charlatan prophet, no matter your gifts. It is only Courtesy that stays any further disdain of your person.”

“Nanzi prays your choices will bear better fruit than your mistakes. Shinjo-sama, Nanzi will guard the priests when the time comes unless Reiko-san demands otherwise but this Crane will not submit to this one, or his judgment.”

Nanzi bowed with respect to Shinjo and his allies but nothing for the charlatan and departed.

/exit
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace
Supporting Staff: Doji Jigutsuji, Nanzi Jongwun, Raven on shoulder

Noriaki no Yamadono

Post by Noriaki no Yamadono » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:18 am

The mountain of a man steps forward, his arms folded across his chest. He takes a glance to Matsu, and raises a hand, signalling for her to stay.

He knows she would lead headfirst into the very gates of hell.
Spider Clan | Bushi | Large AF | Blessed by Bishamon and Earth
Carries: Bronze Tetsubo | Fur lined hat and cloak | Bronze Sword | Travelling Pack | Shakuhachi
Accompanied by: Matsu

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:19 am

Satone gets in the line as well, keeping a determined look on her face.
Seidou Tribe|Bushi|Large|Strength of the Earth|Blessed by the Earth|Kharmic Tie|Doubt|True Love|Bad Eyesight
Carries: Light Armor, Dai Tsuchi wrapped in blessed rope, Blacksmithing Gear, Jade pendant, 7 uses of jade dust oil
Bodyguard for Seidou Haruyo

Return to “The Kami's Tent”