Destinies and Legacies - Jin

Canary

Destinies and Legacies - Jin

Post by Canary » Mon May 18, 2020 4:54 am

"What do you mean I'll be heading all the way back!"

The exclamation startled away a bird as the two figures rode towards camp. Thankfully far enough out that it likely would not have interrupted any of the other students in their studies. The younger of the two looked to the one-handed figure leading the way with a look of wounded shock.

"Shinjo plans to travel to the edge of hell to try and save her brother. A nearly impossible task! She needs everyone who can assist! Have I failed you in some way?"

Regarding him Jin would have laughed if he hadn't known how badly it would have hurt the earnest young man, "Anything but. You are my greatest pupil and have already mastered what I have to teach. If anything you may yet surpass me."

"Then why?"

"Because, as you said, this is a nearly impossible task. She will return, I will see to it, but doing so means that I may not. If that is to be my fate someone will need to lead this family, to teach the others, and to aid her where I no longer can."

"M...master?" While the wounded aspect may have passed the shock was now greater than ever.

Jin smiled softly, "I don't have a proper heir and, even if I did, they would be too young to serve anyone. When we reach the camp I shall present you to Shinjo as my chosen successor. I do not intend this to be my end but if I do not return from this undertaking you will be the one to lead the Jin in her name. I have faith in you to lead them well and to keep my teachings in your heart."

"But, surely I'm not ready for..."

This time Jin did laugh as he cut the man off, "You are far more ready than I was when I started this family. Trust me on that. I was even more surprised when Shinjo asked it of me but I think I've manged ok." His good eye sparkles a bit at that as he regards his student, "If the burden becomes yours you shall do even better - I know it."

The young man straightened, well as best one can when riding bareback, and nodded, "I'll make you proud master."

"I know you will, Iuchi, I know you will." Jin smiled again.

Now to find my other successor....
GM + Bird + Glorious Plumage + Experienced

"Is the dark side stronger?"
"No, no, no. Quicker. Easier. More seductive."

Return to “Fiction”