Inspecting the Scene (D9, EE, Open)

Jin

Inspecting the Scene (D9, EE, Open)

Post by Jin » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:17 pm

Kyosei's tale had the creature defeated but not an absolute certainty of its destruction. Thus that evening found Jin, lantern in his good hand, awaiting any who might be available to join him in ensure it was no longer a threat... or at least for as long as they were camped here.

As he waited he took a few moments to center himself gazing upon the flickering candle in the lantern - though sadly to not much benefit, too many thoughts still swirled in his head.
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Jin

Re: Inspecting the Scene (D9, EE, Open)

Post by Jin » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:08 pm

Hoping others were not far behind (and not wanting to delay things too much for the GMs if anything wants to jump out and go boo) Jin begins to carefully make his way into the cave. Careful, as best he could be, for any danger he sought the area where his allies had fought the creature - the comforting presence of his jade finger hanging from his neck tucked under his armor.

(Investigation 11 if needed)
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:50 am

Satone makes her way back to the cave to ensure the straw men she and the blind priest earlier had set up remained in place. Upon arrival and seeing the light of a candle, she calls out.

"Hello? I am Satone, make yourself known or I will defend myself without hesitation"

She grips her hammer tightly and sets herself into a combative posture.
Seidou Tribe|Bushi|Large|Strength of the Earth|Blessed by the Earth|Kharmic Tie|Doubt|True Love|Bad Eyesight
Carries: Light Armor, Dai Tsuchi wrapped in blessed rope, Blacksmithing Gear, Jade pendant, 7 uses of jade dust oil
Bodyguard for Seidou Haruyo

Jin

Post by Jin » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:56 am

Though he tries to remain alert to any danger the announcement can't help but bring a slight chuckle from the sorcerer's lips as it releases some of the tension at being in this space alone.

"Who would dare stand against Satone of the Iron Head... it is I the one they call Jin."

Description

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:58 am

Satone drops her guard and lets out a held breath.

"Ah, Jin. What are you doing in here? I was told this morning that this place is evil and should be avoided. I came to check the wards a priest set to ensure they remain when we depart."
Seidou Tribe|Bushi|Large|Strength of the Earth|Blessed by the Earth|Kharmic Tie|Doubt|True Love|Bad Eyesight
Carries: Light Armor, Dai Tsuchi wrapped in blessed rope, Blacksmithing Gear, Jade pendant, 7 uses of jade dust oil

Jin

Post by Jin » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:00 am

"You are quite correct in your concern and sadly the wards did not work... or perhaps they did since the evil did not try to leave the cave? Some of our party were attacked by a creature within the cave earlier. They believe they slew it but Kyosei of the Isawa was not completely certain. I was coming to ensure no threat remained to us before we sleep."

Description

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:03 am

"You come alone? Is that not...reckless? Come, let me assist you. Though I insist if anything does prove hostile you stand behind me."

She walks forward towards Jin

Jin

Post by Jin » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:06 am

"I left word for others to join if they could. Most likely the beast is dead and I trust in my rituals against such threats so if I had to continue alone I would have but I will not turn down company."

Description

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:13 am

"Come then, let us go and see."

She begins to walk into the depths, slightly in front of Jin but still within his candlelight and reach.

"It is strangely dark in here. If I had known I would have brought a torch."

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:53 am

As they move through the cave it still holds a sense of foreboding and evil but it is less oppressive than if one visited the cave earlier. If one ventures far enough the light from the opening is swallowed up and Jin my notice hos lantern seems dimmer than he remembers.
Assistant to the GM - Panda - Occasionally wise - Often Capricious

Jin

Post by Jin » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:13 am

Jin's frown deepens as the darkness does, "Definitely this place has been touched by evil. If they did kill the beast it was not enough to fully pry this land from the grasp of darkness."

He moves closer to Satone, not out of concern for himself, but so as to ensure they both stay in the decreasing circle of light.

Description

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:26 am

"Do you think there could be a gateway here like where we are going?"

Satone walks slowly, carefully venturing forth using the candles dim light to guide her steps, keeping solid wall to her left

Jin

Post by Jin » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:34 am

"It could be possible though, if so, a much smaller version of it. But it may also be like the swamp we encountered - a tendril of that darkness that has reached out further than others. Perhaps the rot in the land has spread this far but not yet strongly enough to break through to the surface. Like an apple that looks inviting until you bite into it and find the decay within."

Description

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:46 am

Satone furls her brow in disgust.

"If it keeps on like this the more we get closer to our goal, I can understand why the Rats kept attacking us. They were doing so out of necessity. "

She gives a Hmph noise.

"They could have tried talking though."

Jin

Post by Jin » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:36 am

"Unfortunately it can just take one misunderstood messenger for conflict to start and with the way the nezumi speak even if they did try to talk it might not have helped." He couldn't be sure the nezumi hadn't attacked unprovoked but so far it seemed more likely that there has been a breakdown somewhere along the way.

Description

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:37 am

"There has always been bad blood between us for whatever reason. The slavery on our end didn't help, I'm sure. Luckily, Haruyo has been teaching the remnants that it is wrong. No life should be chained to serve another."

Jin

Post by Jin » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:33 am

Jin nods in the flickering light, "It seems a sin that both sides indulged in. I am glad your people are ending it and I am thankful I saw no slaves currently among the nezumi either."

With a nick of his stump the sorcerer calls on the spirits to aid him as he inspects the cave to learn more about the creature that was fought here and the darkness infecting the place.

(Of course it uses all my explosions on the spell roll. Lore Shadowlands 16)

Description

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:57 am

"I cannot say for all Seidou, as most have joined the Crab, but those who listen to Haruyo have been told of how it is...unjust."

Jin

Post by Jin » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:09 am

"Hida seemed the more... basic... of the Kami but I still do not think he would allow slavery. He seemed to value true and honest labor. I do not think he would approve of it being forced by whip or brand."

Description

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:08 pm

"That is good."

As the cave gets deeper and the darkness more oppressing, Satone slows down, continuing to keep her hand on the left wall.

"I spoke with Shinsei today. It has helped ease many of my concerns. Though, I fear now because of my challenge against the Kami, they despise me and will not want anything to do with me."

Return to “The Corrupted Cave”