Inspecting the Scene (D9, EE, Open)

Jin

Re: Inspecting the Scene (D9, EE, Open)

Post by Jin » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:12 pm

Despite the oppressive atmosphere and pressure of evil Jin can't help but laugh slightly, "I honestly am not certain Shinjo has the capacity to truly despise someone. If you treat her with respect, not deference mind you just respect, I know she will show it in turn. Hantei... well Hantei I'm not so sure of."
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:04 pm

"I wonder even if they do not despise me, why would any of them want me to be part of them? Or listen to my requests? I showed them too much defiance and insult I think. Now it may just be a matter of 'Join without questions or requests, or leave'"
Seidou Tribe|Bushi|Large|Strength of the Earth|Blessed by the Earth|Kharmic Tie|Doubt|True Love|Bad Eyesight
Carries: Light Armor, Dai Tsuchi wrapped in blessed rope, Blacksmithing Gear, Jade pendant, 7 uses of jade dust oil
Bodyguard for Seidou Haruyo

Jin

Post by Jin » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:57 pm

"It may be, I highly doubt it is so, but it may be. But you will not know unless you speak with them." He looks at Satone, "I mean no insult but... for one brave enough to ask a godling to strike them with a hammer you project a lot of worry upon them when it comes to holding a simple conversation. If they would not, or could not, strike you dead for impertinence then there is surely no harm in speaking with them now. If they do not accept your proposal then you are no worse off than you were."
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:06 pm

"I was not worried until I spoke with Shinsei. After the discussion with him, it made me feel very...childish."
Seidou Tribe|Bushi|Large|Strength of the Earth|Blessed by the Earth|Kharmic Tie|Doubt|True Love|Bad Eyesight
Carries: Light Armor, Dai Tsuchi wrapped in blessed rope, Blacksmithing Gear, Jade pendant, 7 uses of jade dust oil

Jin

Post by Jin » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:37 pm

"Well a child has potential to grow and change - very admirable qualities. Talk to Shinjo, trust me, even if she does not accept your offer of joining as a family I have no doubt she will not treat you unfairly."

Description

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:50 pm

Satone nods silently and walks for a bit without saying anything.

Eventually the two of them reach a point they cannot go any further, at least not from the left hand side Satone had been walking them.

"I do not think there is anything else here, else we would have seen something by now. Strange though, how the dark seems to just eat away the light."

Jin

Post by Jin » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:56 pm

Jin nods, "If the creature is not truly destroyed it must take time to regain its form. Or it is truly gone but unfortunately the evil remains."

Description

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:06 pm

"Have you ever fought against a spirit before? I've only fought against the rats, ogres, and trolls."

She turns around and now keeps the wall on her right side, slowly walking back up the cave.

Jin

Post by Jin » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:37 pm

"Not yet. I've studied about them but have not yet encountered one directly."

Description

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:28 am

"How have you studied? Shinsei had been talking with Saruko about something called a library, and he suggested because of my ignorance it was clear they needed to have one so more people did not suffer the same lack of knowledge."

"I have never heard this word, library. And any study I know is having someone teach you by telling or showing."

Jin

Post by Jin » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:33 am

"In preparing for this journey I would spend the summer and fall of each year traveling and mapping routes. When I encountered tribes or wanderers I sought what knowledge they had of spirits and other dangers. Every one has rituals and stories they claim will defeat or repel spirits. I know some will be just stories but there are enough common threads among them to begin seeing patterns."

Description

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:37 am

"I see. so you study as I do. That is good to know. I was worried that all of those who follow the kami use these Library things. What cal you tell me about the things we may face here?"

Jin

Post by Jin » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:58 am

"The nezumi tell of ogres and goblins driven mad by the darkness though thankfully unorganized so far. They have also described powerful evil spirits that are strong, or immune, to normal weapons but may be harmed by magic and jade."

Description

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:00 am

"Can a weapon even hit a spirit? I thought many are like ghosts, just air for flesh?"

Jin

Post by Jin » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:01 am

Jin nods, "It seems some are like that and weapons certainly will not harm them. Others manifest a form in this world but not of this world. Those can be attacked normally but may be resistant to stone and iron."

Description

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:08 am

"If they are only resistant to it, I guess it just means I have to hit them harder. It's those that would be completely unharmed by my hammer I would be worried about. So jade harms them huh? I do not know how you could weaponize this, jade is too soft to make a hammer or blade out of."

Jin

Post by Jin » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:10 am

Jin scratches his chin, "I know little about forging... or weapons in general for that matter. Would it be possible to stud a weapon with jade as opposed to trying to make it solely out of jade?"

Description

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:22 am

"You could, but I think that the jade would still break. It is quite a soft material. Perhaps if you had an entire club made out of it, just keeping the raw stone and chiseling it, but that would be extremely heavy, and difficult to find pieces that large."

Jin

Post by Jin » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:25 am

"Ah, I see. If it is so soft perhaps some sort of temporary application? Like mixing a salve when a herb mixture needs to stay in place on the skin?"

Description

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:55 am

"You would need to grind it, which may be hard to convince people to let you do. But yes, I imagine you could do such a thing, an oil with the crushed jade in it."

Return to “The Corrupted Cave”