(D9, LA) I Ain't 'Fraid Of No Cave

Bayushi Umeno

(D9, LA) I Ain't 'Fraid Of No Cave

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:29 am

Umeno was brave, to a strong fault. The cave down the river from the falls was certainly spooky, if one was into that sort of thing. For her, it was enough to have her dai tsuchi with her, but she carried that with her everywhere anyway, so what was the big deal? She wore her straw cloak and hat to keep the dripping water off, and because of her talk with Shinsei, her jade around her neck.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Former Kawagaya | Stand-Oafish | Blessed
Carries: Armor, Dai Tsuchi, Tetsubo, Tanto, Hat and Cloak, Pack

Inga

Re: (D9, LA) I Ain't 'Fraid Of No Cave

Post by Inga » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:40 am

Inga heard about this cave and wondered if it could be cleansed. She is not a priestess nor a spirit talker but superstitions make her wonder what might be. With a bushel of herbs at hand and her knife on her other just in case something comes to get her. The young woman saw the Scorpion woman. "Hello" Inga greeted.
♧Shoji tribe ♧Bushi ♧Unlucky ♧Daredevil ♧Superstitious ♧Fortune Teller ♧Haunted ♧ Very Unfortunate
♧Glory: 1 ♧Reputation: Untrustworthy ♧Status:1

Equipment: Bow, quiver, Light armor, Finger of Jade, Tanto,

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:53 am

While Inge was hardly being stealthy, Umeno had had her weapon ready in her hands as she'd heard something approaching. Seeing it was a member of the expedition, she gave a small sigh and visibly relaxed. "Fortune's, just a human. And here I thought I'd have to start swinging."

Ko

Post by Ko » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:42 am

There's a sound of further footsteps, heralding the appearance of a third woman--this one short, sturdy, with damp hair.

"Oh. Someone's already here."

Ko finger-combed a half-dried strand of hair out of her face, shoving it behind her ear. "Have you been inside already? I wanted to see..."
Shore People ✖ 'Bushi? That sounds right' ✖ Stone-tool-user ✖ Awkward ✖ On A Quest
Status: 1.0 ✖ Glory: 1.0 ✖ Reputation: Bad, real bad ✖ Character description

Wears: Simple clothing, pearl and coral jewelry, copper coin bracelet; light armor when expecting danger.
Carries: Walking staff or yumi (or both); knives; jade, pack with misc fishing & survival tools and small daily items. Warclub (tetsubo) when needed.

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:56 am

Umeno looked to the second woman and gave a grunt. Her dai tsuchi stayed in a hand, but she rested it against her shoulder as she looked into the cave. "Only got this far so far. T' be honest, all I've heard is dripping and rushing water. Doesn't seem like there's really all that much to it to see."

Inga

Post by Inga » Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:23 am

Inga shook her head. "Not very far in... so far so good." Inga started to move her bushel around. "Maybe it is just a leyend that this place is corrupted."
♧Shoji tribe ♧Bushi ♧Unlucky ♧Daredevil ♧Superstitious ♧Fortune Teller ♧Haunted ♧ Very Unfortunate

Ko

Post by Ko » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:35 am

"There's a cave north of--well, near where I come from, where the women go to meditate when they want a baby." Ko frowned into the darkness. "It's the only other one I ever saw. I wanted to know if this one was like it, but... it's not." Definitely not.

She glanced at the others as if to ask if they still wanted to go deeper.
Shore People ✖ 'Bushi? That sounds right' ✖ Stone-tool-user ✖ Awkward ✖ On A Quest

Wears: Simple clothing, pearl and coral jewelry, copper coin bracelet; light armor when expecting danger.
Carries: Walking staff or yumi (or both); knives; jade, pack with misc fishing & survival tools and small daily items. Warclub (tetsubo) when needed.

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:44 am

Umeno grunted quietly. "I'm not much of one for running into unknown, potential danger, but I'm not one to run away from it either. If you two want to go deeper, I'd certainly accompany you."

Inga

Post by Inga » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:11 am

"I have no problem going in any further." Inga nodded. "Perhaps my ritual will cleanse the area."

Ko

Post by Ko » Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:39 am

"Ritual? Are you a shaman?" Ko cast Inga a quizzical glance.

Then she shrugged, checked the knives at her belt by touch, and ducked further into the cave, figuring the others could follow or not. Maybe the holy part is further in?

Inga

Post by Inga » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:11 am

"No but my tribe likes to purify things with rituals." Inga answered "Perhaps it the smell of the herbs might cast away any animals or monsters."

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:27 am

"Ah, you must be of the Shoji then," Umeno remarked. It DID sound almost exactly like Haka.

Inga

Post by Inga » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:53 am

"Yes... I am from the Shoji." She continued forward. "Are you from any tribe or are you of the Kami followers?" Inga looked at the Scorpion studying the woman. Then back to her ritual.

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:57 am

Umeno knew not to interrupt the ritual Inga was doing, so she stood relaxed, hammer resting ready. "Use t' be a Kuwagaya, now I'm a Scorpion of Bayushi. Umeno. Met Haka before, you remind me of her."

Ko

Post by Ko » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:03 am

"Shoji?"

Ko continues to take the lead, wrinkling her nose as a drip of oily water plops onto her cheek.

"I don't know that tribe. Um, well met, though. As for me, I name myself Ko."

Inga

Post by Inga » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:06 am

"Nice to meet you. I am Inga, from the forest of Dreamers." Her bushel had finished burning. "I guess that is done." She motion further in. "Shall we continue?"

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:29 am

"After you. I'll try to keep an eye out," Umeno murmured, looking around.

Ko

Post by Ko » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:05 am

"Let's see," Ko agreed. "Inga of the Dreamers, if we come to a good place for your ritual..."

She continued onward, testing her footing carefully in case the rock floor proved slippery.

And encountered...

Return to “The Corrupted Cave”