[Day 9, EN] Call of Darkness

Reo

Re: [Day 9, EN] Call of Darkness

Post by Reo » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:52 am

Reo takes another look into the darkness, the rebuke in his head still fresh.

"I don't know if it's just the cave. More that it was a place where it could be strong...But yes, for now, the other mission takes priority."

There's still something here.

As much as he wants to go on, the words of warning have Reo return to the mouth of the cave.
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan | Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade, 3 uses of jade dust

Canary

Post by Canary » Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:52 pm

Reo wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:52 am
Reo takes another look into the darkness, the rebuke in his head still fresh.

"I don't know if it's just the cave. More that it was a place where it could be strong...But yes, for now, the other mission takes priority."

There's still something here.

As much as he wants to go on, the words of warning have Reo return to the mouth of the cave.
The laughter follows him, never pausing to breathe as something limited by physical form might. Eventually, it fades away as he reaches the entrance.
GM + Bird + Glorious Plumage + Experienced

"Is the dark side stronger?"
"No, no, no. Quicker. Easier. More seductive."

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:47 am

Reiko tensed slightly when she saw two shapes approaching, her eyesight even worse in these conditions.

"Kanna? Reo?"
Spider Clan * Temporary Clan Champion * Reiko family Daimyo * Former Isawa Tribe * Shugenja * Prophet * Bride of Fu Leng * Fire * Bad (blood?) Eyesight * Well Educated * Experienced * Kami Speak * profile
Equipment: Diviner sticks, Yari and Ashigaru armour(when allowed), Walking Stick (bo), Jade, writing tools

Kanna

Post by Kanna » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:44 am

Kanna lifted her arm, revealing the jade necklace to the hard-of-sight Lady. "It's us. I talked him outta going, don't worry." She got close enough that Reiko could get an appropriate look at her face, then gave her a reassuring smile.
Spider Clan | Reiko's Shadow | Wary | Warrior
Carries: Tetsubo, Bronze Sword, Practical Clothing, Bottle of Wine, Bottle of Beer

Reo

Post by Reo » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:44 am

"It's us." Reo returns the words, shaking his head as the laughter continues to peel unheard by the others. "Something in there spoke to me Madam Reiko. It wanted me to go further. It knew things about me, things I felt. It offered me..."

Reiko trails off and looks back. "And as terrifying as that is, a big part of me wants to go back there. Wants to know what exactly it offers. If not for you two calling me, I probably would have kept walking."
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade, 3 uses of jade dust

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:59 pm

(Missed this! Sorry!)

Reiko breathed a sigh of relief, relaxing her stance as she heard the voices.

"Thank the Fortunes..."

She moved forward, placing her hand on Kanna's shoulder.

"Thank you, Kanna-san."

She then placed her hand on Reos shoulder.

"That is what Jigoku wants you to do. To tempt you with things it could to. Draw you in with wonderful offerings, as the cost of your soul and your very being. The cost is never worth it though, and you don't need what it has. I'm truly thankful you have returned."

She took a half step back, smiling to both of them.

"I don't want to lose any of my kin on this trip. Not to Jigoku, not to anything."
Spider Clan * Temporary Clan Champion * Reiko family Daimyo * Former Isawa Tribe * Shugenja * Prophet * Bride of Fu Leng * Fire * Bad (blood?) Eyesight * Well Educated * Experienced * Kami Speak * profile
Equipment: Diviner sticks, Yari and Ashigaru armour(when allowed), Walking Stick (bo), Jade, writing tools

Reo

Post by Reo » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:39 pm

Reo is slightly surprised when a hand is placed on his shoulder, such a familiar almost motherly gesture. A nods, and does his best to not look back, even as it calls to him.

Return to “The Corrupted Cave”