Day 9 LE: Sound of Water

Wu

Re: Day 9 LE: Sound of Water

Post by Wu » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:57 am

''You found something that liks you to your and your ancestor's past. This, even if it would have happened to give you no power, is invaluable.''
Dragon Clan - Daimyo of the Wu - Black sheep of the Isawa tribe - Bushi - Spearman - Sage - Enlightened - Experienced
Equipment : In town: Ryu-yari, sturdy clothing. Outside : bronze and leather armor, Ryu-yari, Nage-Yari, Yumi

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:48 am

"I suppose that is true."

She chuckled, letting the fire flicker out, and added, "How about you? Did you grow up a Dragon, or was there another tribe before?"
Takemori :: Master of Ceremonies :: Voice :: Horned Girl :: Music Lover :: Jealous
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Dai-Tsuchi, Morin Khuuru, Jade-Flower Glove, Tago the drummer.
Profile :: Themes

Wu

Post by Wu » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:13 am

Wu made a slight frown when the question was asked but the emotion was muted as best he could.

''I grew up in the tribe of Isawa but I had no place there.''

He paused

''What about you? Did you grow up with your ogre kin?''
Dragon Clan - Daimyo of the Wu - Black sheep of the Isawa tribe - Bushi - Spearman - Sage - Enlightened - Experienced
Equipment : In town: Ryu-yari, sturdy clothing. Outside : bronze and leather armor, Ryu-yari, Nage-Yari, Yumi

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:38 am

"Yes, in a way."

She laughed. "Our tribe has a caravan of ogres, they intermarry and work alongside us. We are a tribe of two peoples."
Takemori :: Master of Ceremonies :: Voice :: Horned Girl :: Music Lover :: Jealous
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Dai-Tsuchi, Morin Khuuru, Jade-Flower Glove, Tago the drummer.

Wu

Post by Wu » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:41 am

Wu tilted his head, clearly interested

''I wonderful thing in these times. I am glad to see two people working as one without the prejudice that is common...what is the name of your tribe exactly?'''

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:51 am

"The Takemori."

She smiled faintly. "We really couldn't have survived without one another - in many ways you could say diplomacy was the only thing that kept us alive."

Wu

Post by Wu » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:54 am

The dragon nods silently

''May I ask where your tribe is? I would be interested to visit once this is over.''

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:42 am

"We migrate from the great forest in the west to the distant shores on the east... a little north of the Seidou tribe."

She chuckled.

"That said... we may end up joining one of these clans... I think the Jiyo?"

It was hard to say exactly how each clan was named.

Wu

Post by Wu » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:47 am

''Jiyo is an imperial family, not a clan'' he corrected

''My personnal advice would be to find a clan to join as a group ass to retain as much of your identity as a people. Perhaps create your own family rather then joining one.''

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:53 am

"They said perhaps we could bring our tribe to join as our own part of the clan... I mean... empire family." Shaking her head, she added, "I guess I'm not used to all this at all."

Glancing at Wu, she added, "Is there a reason not to join them? I was told Shiba was very understanding."

Wu

Post by Wu » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:15 pm

''You talked with Sora, I assume?''

I think Sora would readily offer such an honest proposition

''I do believe that Emperor Shiba would understand and respect you and yours given time.'' he admits ''But being the head of the empire I wonder if joining the Imperials as a new family is feasible without great effort.'

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:29 pm

"I do not know... but yes, I spoke with Sora and Ayumu. They were the ones to recommend the idea."

She sighed faintly, "I suppose time will tell if there is such a possibility, but if not... who knows what path we will take, or where we will go."

Wu

Post by Wu » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:28 pm

''Do not be discouraged Ongaku-san, you have time and will get many opportunities to visit the clan after this endeavor. That said, Sora has the ear of the Emperor so you have better chances then most.''

Seeing as there was no sight of trouble he put the spear to rest on a nearby rock wall

''Do you know much about the clans and the Kami?''

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:31 pm

"I'm learning... that is why I came on this journey, initially."

Ryoko smiled, and then shook her head. "Mostly I've learned it is all more complicated than I originally expected."

Wu

Post by Wu » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:37 pm

''You may be looking things the wrong way" he commented ''The clans are a recent thing, barely five years in the making, and thus are more shaped by the personnalities and beliefs of their Kami then anything else. The same thing goes for the families...the founders tries to shape their legacy for the years to come.''

He shrugs

''Simply find the Kami that shares a similar view or the world or can let your own flourish.''

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:05 am

"Hmmm."

Ryoko pondered that quietly. "Perhaps talking with Shiba will help me know which one that is."

Wu

Post by Wu » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:23 am

He nod

''I am sure the Emperor will give you an honest assesment but meeting the other Kami yourselves may erase doubt if some are formed. You should talk to the family daimyos as well, Yuzuru especially.''

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:33 am

"I will try to do that... though I don't know how many will want to meet me... and in the end, the council of elders will decide."

She chuckled, and then shrugged. "In the end, time will tell, ne?"

Wu

Post by Wu » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:48 am

''You have already met one of the lord of the dragon today, at least.'' he nods ''Time will tell but it often listens to suggestions"

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:18 am

"True... I should get back though. Thank you for speaking with me."

She smiled, and offered a little bow, like she had seen Kinsen do.

Return to “The Waterfall and Cliff”