Day 9 LE: Sound of Water

Wu

Day 9 LE: Sound of Water

Post by Wu » Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:01 am

The waterfall had been incredibly busy during the day, even if the crow staring contest is not taken into account. Things where calmer now as most people we eating their supper.

Now was the time for some meditation...on one large rock looming above the waters. The view was wonderful.

mediation: 6d10o10k3 42
Dragon Clan - Daimyo of the Wu - Black sheep of the Isawa tribe - Bushi - Spearman - Sage - Enlightened - Experienced
Equipment : In town: Ryu-yari, sturdy clothing. Outside : bronze and leather armor, Ryu-yari, Nage-Yari, Yumi

Ongaku no Ryoko

Re: Day 9 LE: Sound of Water

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:07 am

After a time, his meditation would be interrupted by the sight and sound of a young woman climbing down... the waterfall.

Ryoko was working her way down the cliff, with the water pounding down on her... but... not.

The water as it reached her seemed to, almost entirely pass around her as she climbed, expression caught in intense concentration. She did not notice the man at all as she moved, her focus entirely on the stones she was clambered down, her left horn shining a copper hue, her right a soft blue with a thin coating of ice.

It was clearly a great effort, whatever she was doing.
Takemori :: Master of Ceremonies :: Voice :: Horned Girl :: Music Lover :: Jealous
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Dai-Tsuchi, Morin Khuuru, Jade-Flower Glove, Tago the drummer.
Profile :: Themes

Wu

Post by Wu » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:52 pm

Living in close proximity to half of the world's Ayakashi Wu had begun to believe he could not be surprised anymore...he was of course wrong.

The odd display of athletism could'nt help but hold his attention hostage for now. The dragon tried to make sense of the whole affair.

A child of sakkaku? The realm of beasts? This one must be spirit touched for sure...
Dragon Clan - Daimyo of the Wu - Black sheep of the Isawa tribe - Bushi - Spearman - Sage - Enlightened - Experienced
Equipment : In town: Ryu-yari, sturdy clothing. Outside : bronze and leather armor, Ryu-yari, Nage-Yari, Yumi

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:54 pm

Ryoko reached the lip of the pool, before a bit of spraying water dripped into her eye, breaking her concentration, and with a yelp, the water suddenly seemed to hit her full force, propelling her into the pool in a sudden acceleration.

Rising to the surface, sputtering and flailing, her nose bleeding, she tried to wipe the water from her eyes.

She'd been so close... she was really starting to get the hang of it. Still, her head was starting to ache really badly, it might be time to call it a day...
Takemori :: Master of Ceremonies :: Voice :: Horned Girl :: Music Lover :: Jealous
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Dai-Tsuchi, Morin Khuuru, Jade-Flower Glove, Tago the drummer.

Wu

Post by Wu » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:39 am

Not understanding what was happening, Wu took a few second to react to the spirit touched woman's fall. Wary of what might have caused it he reached for his spear before calling out

''Hey! Are you allright? Are you hurt?''

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:35 am

Regaining her footing, she swept her hair back, and then cast around for the voice. Spotting the man, blood still streaming from her nose, she waved. "Hello! I almost got it right. Sorry. Didn't mean to scare you."

Wu

Post by Wu » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:21 am

Wu was not sure what stunned him so but he was

''So you were not attacked...good...but...what where you doing?''

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:24 am

"Trying to... match myself... to the water and rock. Make it so they did not resist me."

She sighed.

"I almost made it the entire way - but I lost focus at the end. I'm getting sloppy."

Wu

Post by Wu » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:45 am

Wu blinked, not sure of what he should understand.

''Forgive me but I am not sure I understand...Are you spirit touched? Rather...is this demonstration an ability gifted by the spirits realms?''

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:32 am

"Not to my knowledge."

Her horns had returned to their usual black and red, no sign of their earlier colors. "My mother was an ogre though - the magic girl, Agasha, told me maybe that was a reason for it... though Ogres aren't spirits. They're from this world, start to finish!"

Wu

Post by Wu » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:39 am

Where to start?

For some reason, the ogre parentage was not the most surprising thing.

''Ah, well'' He bows ''I am Wu of the Dragon clan''

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:20 am

"Nice to meet you, I'm Ongaku no Ryoko."

She smiled. "I've not met a Dragon clan before - do you have real dragons?"

Wu

Post by Wu » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:04 am

''Most of us are only humans, sadly'' he admitted ''We are called the Dragon Clan after our Kami founder, Togashi''

This is a true statement

''I have seen some monks breathe fire, however''

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:08 am

"Breathe fire!"

For a women who was walking down a waterfall, she sounded astonished.

"I wonder how they do that... still... that's amazing. So what do you do?"

Wu

Post by Wu » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:23 am

''I...'' after talks of dragons, firebreaths and water climbing Wu was feeling quite ordinary ''...am just an humble spearman. I help and defend the people of our lands but I have no magical abilities.''

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:50 am

"That's a noble thing to do. My tribe protect our herds, and it's very important. I didn't have any magical abilities either, until a few days ago, so I wouldn't judge you for it."

Ryoko shrugged. "A spear, huh? So you must be pretty good with it?"

Wu

Post by Wu » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:14 am

''Fairly decent'' he replied with some humility ''The spear is weapon of the common soldier but few takes the time to master it.''

He tilted his head

''You got powers a few days ago?''

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:28 am

"Perhaps I had them all along, but I didn't know of them until a few days past."

She shrugged, adding, "I encountered a... relic. It resonated with me, a message of my ancestors past. A melody for the lost and forgotten. After that it... began."

Wu

Post by Wu » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:01 am

''We are always more capable then we would believe'' he says with a nod ''It might have been meant that you would join this expedition''

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:12 am

"Meant? How do you mean?"

She furrowed her brow.

Return to “The Waterfall and Cliff”