Elemental Saturation (LA, D9)

Ongaku no Ryoko

Elemental Saturation (LA, D9)

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Sun May 31, 2020 11:00 pm

Ryoko returned to the base of the waterfall, this time with a more serious purpose. The place had proven to be abundant in the raw and wild power of nature, and it seemed an ideal place to try and make sense of the changing nature within her.

She had asked for a supposed expert to help her, and now she sat by the side of the pool, calming herself and trying to renew the sensations she had felt each time she had practiced before - it was growing closer to something she could do... almost something she understood.

Close, and yet very far.
Takemori :: Master of Ceremonies :: Voice :: Horned Girl :: Music Lover :: Jealous
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Dai-Tsuchi, Morin Khuuru, Jade-Flower Glove, Tago the drummer.
Profile :: Themes

Agasha

Re: Elemental Saturation (LA, D9)

Post by Agasha » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:25 am

The young woman arrived soon, looking around. "It's getting hot this afternoon. Should we talk in the water?" No greeting, no initial bow, the woman who was likely Agasha just walked up and started talking.
Bat Clan | Shugenja | Fire | Raised by Nazo | Overly Honest

Run by GM Canary

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:42 am

"If you like."

Ryoko gave a wave. "Agasha, I guess? I'd asked Shinsei to meet you, but I somehow thought he was going to come. I guess he didn't feel the need."

Striding out into the water, she sighed blissfully. The cool flow was absolutely relaxing.

"Did he tell you why I hoped to talk to you? About my new... capabilities?"
Takemori :: Master of Ceremonies :: Voice :: Horned Girl :: Music Lover :: Jealous
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Dai-Tsuchi, Morin Khuuru, Jade-Flower Glove, Tago the drummer.

Agasha

Post by Agasha » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:55 am

Agasha divested herself of her clothes and ran forward, diving into the water and staying down for a while before surfacing with a sigh of relief. "That's much better."

"Yes, I'm Agasha. You're Ongaku-no-Ryoko. He told me a little bit, but not much. You're manifesting effects?" She asked as she floated with her mouth just enough above the water to talk, treading the deeper water. She blinked in surprised for a moment and glanced down with just her eyes. "Oh. I felt a fish."

Run by GM Canary

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:07 am

"I am. This should make it more clear."

Ryoko clasped her hands together, and then laid them on the water surface. Closing her eyes to focus, her left horn began to glimmer with vivid blueish light, and a closer glance would show it was beading water, like condensation on glass.

Lifting both hands, under each palm was a small globe of water, which now hung as if attached from each palm.

Ryoko's expression grew strained, and without warning the globes burst, showering the pair of them in a fine mist of water, and returning her horn to normal.

"See? It's... well it isn't normal."

Agasha

Post by Agasha » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:41 am

"Mmm... interesting, though. If you can do that, then it's more adaptable than what sacrifice to the kami produces. And yet it must be the kami responding to it since it's elemental in nature. Interesting, interesting..."

She swam over, circling Ryoko with the glitter of intense interest in her eyes. "Can you affect other elements? Is it affected by other things, like your mindset or emotional state?"

Run by GM Canary

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:52 am

"I have to remain focused... and it feels like it runs through me..."

She flexed her fingers, adding, "It's like there was a part of me that was numb my entire life, and has suddenly come awake. I'm still clumsy but... if I reach inside I can feel the elements moving... single out what I'm seeking."

Focusing again, she reached down into the flowing water, sinking down under the surface, and then rising back up a few seconds later, her left horn shining a raw copper hue, and a string of river pebbles orbiting one hand.

"I can feel it run through me like my own heartbeat, and I just have to reach out and draw in the heartbeat of the element I'm trying to move..."

Carefully turning her hand, face set in a mask of intense concentration, she set the rocks spinning in the other direction, now rotating around her fingers in two circles, each turning opposite the other.

"It's like walking, or balancing, the more I try it, the more natural it feels."

Agasha

Post by Agasha » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:20 am

"Hmmmm..." Agasha suddenly rose, her head coming up next to Ryoko's side, under her arm as she studied the movement of the stones. Then she looked up. "Could you, say... bring a bubble of air underwater so you could breathe down there temporarily?"

Run by GM Canary

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:35 am

"I... don't know. Maybe?"

Ryoko was surprised by the question, and found her concentration slipping, the stones beginning to shoot away, one by one, skipping across the surface of the water.

Not wanting to hurt Agasha, she plunged her hand, and the stones, into the water, letting them go with a sigh, which set her horn slowly fading back to the usual black/red hue.

"I can try, but I've never attempted something like that before..."

Canary

Post by Canary » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:16 am

"If it doesn't work, then hold your breath," she suggested. "You should be able to tell if there's a bubble around your head."
GM + Bird + Glorious Plumage + Experienced

"Is the dark side stronger?"
"No, no, no. Quicker. Easier. More seductive."

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:20 am

Ryoko nodded, taking a heavy breath, and then reaching out for air.

This was harder than water or stone, the air didn't like to be held, and she struggled in silence for a long moment, before quite suddenly pitching under the water.

For just a moment, a large bubble of air surrounded her face, and then the surprise of the moment overtook her, and large blobs of air began leaking away.

Taking a deep breath of mostly air, she coughed, and then bobbed back to the surface, sputtering.

"Almost, *Cough* I almost... *Wheeze* had it!"

Agasha

Post by Agasha » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:29 am

Agasha looked almost as excited as she was at the announcement, patting her back to help her cough up the water. "That's wonderful! I bet there are all sorts of things you could do with it once you get used to it. I wonder why your horns reflect what you're doing? Do you supposed the elements reside there? Is it a natural way of channeling the kami? I wonder if that means there are nonsacrificial ways for humans to channel the kami? Are you okay, Ongaku-san? I'm so excited!"

Run by GM Canary

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:42 am

Between coughs, Ryoko replied, "I don't - - know for sure - - but it feels like it - - runs all the way through - - my body."

A slow, calming gasp, and a big cough, and then she managed, a little hoarse, "I think it may be related to my heritage... the feeling started in my horns... when I saw the vision... but if all humans have the elements inside, maybe they could do this too?"

Agasha

Post by Agasha » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:23 am

"It sounds like your people have a deeper physical connection to the elements, which may allow you to approach manipulating them with a more flexible but less powerful approach, whereas a full human asking the kami directly have to work through barriers and specific requests to it's less adaptable but having them act directly rather than just using the elements within allows a higher upper limit," she mused excitedly, bouncing a little in the water. "Of course, that's just a theory and it could work completely differently, but it's going to be very exciting finding out what all of the ins and outs are. I don't suppose you'd be willing to join the Bat?"

Run by GM Canary

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:39 am

"Eto... I uh... what?"

Ryoko seemed taken aback.

"I uh... I cannot decide for my clan. The Jiyo were saying I should speak with Shiba... but I am flattered... I think?"

She blushed, a bit confused.

Agasha

Post by Agasha » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:51 am

"Oh, I should- Oh my goodness, if your Tribe is like you, there might be even more that can do what you do! I'll have to talk to them when we leave. Or maybe have someone else talk to them, I'm not really great with people," she said, pressing her fingers to her lips, brows furrowing, then going right back up into a more cheerful expression. "I mean, I know some people in Shiba-san's court, so I could still visit, but it would be so much easier to study if you joined us and I could help your people develop your magic and maybe develop human magic even more by cueing off of what your people can do! Would you be willing to tell me about them? What are your hopes for your Tribe?"

Run by GM Canary

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:42 am

"Eto..."

Ryoko looked a bit overwhelmed. "We're a tribe of herdsmen, mostly... we travel in caravans north of here, from the great forest in the west to the shores in the east, through the two swamps and the hills of the valley, I do not know what other tribes call those lands..."

She furrowed her brow. "We are two caravans, one of Ogres, and one of Humans... my mother was Ogre. I got the horns from her. I've never met someone else able to do this... but perhaps they might awaken the same talent, like I did, somehow." That made her thoughtful, and she lapsed into silence for a moment, before adding, "I'm sure if any of us did have that talent, this Shiba would want us to work with you to learn what we could - even if we were sworn to his aid. After all, it would make us better members of his tribe... I mean clan, wouldn't it?"

Agasha

Post by Agasha » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:26 pm

"Yay! I hope so!" She suddenly threw her arms around Ryoko, grinning. "I'm so excited!"

Run by GM Canary

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:42 pm

Ryoko, unlike some, wasn't put off by the hug, and instead just gave her a hug back.

"It's a little scary, but I'm also excited!"

Glancing at the water, she added, "It makes me hope I can find some of my mother's people and bring them back... I know it's not very likely but maybe, just maybe, there are still some out there. I don't want to give up hope."

Agasha

Post by Agasha » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:12 am

She pulled back and shrug. "I don't know much about ogres. Maybe. The Protected Lands are a big place."

Run by GM Canary

Return to “The Waterfall and Cliff”