Trout About (D9, EA)

Hantei Kinsen

Re: Trout About (D9, EA)

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:29 pm

"Well, my family is now dear husband and my son. My father, with good hopes he's in good health, can also understand his tribe should follow the Kami. You have Bayushi-kami-sama as your new Family. Did your parents join as well?"
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:45 pm

Umeno shook her head softly. "Said they were too old and settled to up and move like that. I think they'd rather just stay where they are, fishing and living a simple, peaceful life by the sea, and I'm fine with that. Suppose I was never the best daughter, but I can at least understand that much."

Umeno stood a moment and stretched, arms over her head and body shivering. Her hands went onto her hips as she settled, though she didn't immediately slip back fully into the pool, her gaze out on the rapids. "I guess I've always lived life like this, churning along without stopping, violent and always trying to crash through head first. Maybe one day I'll settle down into a placid stream... or maybe I'm destined for a fall like this is."
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Former Kawagaya | Stand-Oafish | Blessed
Carries: Armor, Dai Tsuchi, Tetsubo, Tanto, Hat and Cloak, Pack

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:06 pm

"Well... there's an amazing pool at the bottom of the fall, as you know. Got a bit but hurt from jumping off from it, I confess." Kinsen giggles, looking at the same direction. "But it was a fun lesson to learn."
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
TN to be recognized is 0

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:15 pm

"Was never too great at metaphors," she said with a chuckle, smirking. "Could survive the fall for sure, though then I get washed through the cursed cave if I keep going..."

Umeno glanced over, and had a certainty to her that washed away her earlier hesitation and doubt. "... You're the most beautiful person I've ever seen by the way Kinsen-san, man or woman. I couldn't figure out what it was before, but I figured it out. Dunno how that might matter, but figured I had to get it out."

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:22 pm

Umeno's sudden confession takes Kinsen off-guard. First, she looks back at the younger woman rather inquisitively. Then, Kinsen's cheeks blush as red as her painted nails. The blonde takes a moment to breathe and reply, but gags, and covers her mouth with her hand. That's potentially the very first time someone had been so direct, and so bluntly honest to her. It took more than year to get Hantei comfortable enough for that. Definitely the first woman to do so.

She's speechless.

TN to be recognized is 0

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:36 pm

Umeno's arms folded under her chest before she reached up with a hand to scratch at a cheek, looking away as if taking in the scenery. "Not my intention to make you uncomfortable or anything. I'm a fine liar, but horrible at keeping my mouth shut. Never seen someone so strong an' graceful before I suppose, if I try'n work it out in my head."

She gave a small grunt before sitting again a bit awkwardly, water up to her arm pits as she looked into the water in front of her. "Sure is hot out today..." Umeno had the decency to flush just a little.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:32 am

Hantei had told Kinsen he had blessed with his touch the other day, and touches her necklace wondering if she should do the same, then inform him later.

Convinced that was correct, she lifts herself up and walks in front of Umeno. Once on top, she crouches down and lays a soft smooch on Umeno's forehead, whispering, "You're not sour at all. Very sweet, in fact. Thank you... Umeno-chan."

Kinsen finally rises and walks toward her clothes.

TN to be recognized is 0

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:16 am

Umeno wasn't at all certain what was going on. Not with her feelings, not with her words, not with the kiss to her forehead, none of it. As Kinsen slipped out of the water, Umeno stayed seated, looking into the water and remaining silent. Finally she looked up toward where Kinsen was drying off before getting dressed again. "Ano... I... thank you... I think. I'm... glad that you think so. First person that's ever told me I'm sweet at all..."

She trailed off, then sighed and lay head head back to look up at the sky again. It was comforting. "I hope that we can talk again before this expedition's all over, an' that I haven't messed things up. I think you're real nice Kinsen-sama..."

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:21 am

"Why don't I cook you something once we camp again, if you would like?" Kinsen says, looking over her shoulders at the young woman.

TN to be recognized is 0

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:49 am

That surprised Umeno a bit and she looked up showing that surprise, though it caused a bit of a flush in her as well. "Cook for me? I mean... I'd feel bad you doing all that work for someone like me. And... and... I mean, I don't know what I could add. I don't have any special talents like cooking, or making a gift, or..."

She flushed deeper and looked down again. "...I do have a kimono I could wear at least, instead of my usual armor or traveling clothes..."

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:53 am

Kinsen tightens the obi around her brand new-syled kimono for warmer regions tight, and turns back to face Umeno again with a bright grin. "Come as you would like, Umeno-chan. We don't know where we'll be camping, so, no neeed to make promises. Just... make sure you devote some time, and I take care of the rest. Ok?"

TN to be recognized is 0

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:02 am

Umeno kept staring at the sky a moment before she nodded and sat up, then stood and gave a bow. She was told that was the proper way to act, and she could think of few others that deserved it. "I will do my best, you have my word. I will make certain I survive until then."

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:46 am

Kinsen visibly appreciates her good manners with a polite nod –– even if Umeno wasn't wearing a kimono...

The Stag bows in return, and takes the catch in her arms, sealed in the basket she brought, and says. "I should be going. It was a pleasure to share this moment with you Umeno-chan. Treasure it for the coming days, please."

Looking up, she finds the best area to climb it all over again.

/exit if not stopped

TN to be recognized is 0

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:51 am

Umeno only seemed to remember her state of clothing as Kinsen left. She'd never been embarrassed about her body before, and she wasn't really now per say, but for some reason she felt she had to duck back into the water as her face pinkened. She knew she should get out of the water soon as well, but she wanted to give the Hantei a good head start. She grumbled to herself as she put her face in her hands. "Grrrrah! Why are you so stupid and awkward?!"

Umeno remained sulking where she was for a long time, even if there was a core of her that was quite giddy and excited.

/thread

Return to “The Rapids”