Trout About (D9, EA)

Hantei Kinsen

Trout About (D9, EA)

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:16 am

Enough with noodles, vegetables and dried meat. Kinsen missed the fresh good fish of the Golden Sun Bay area so much she gets a couple of fishing poles from the wagon and moves to the rapids. When she was smaller, she used to fish in rivers with her dad up in the northern mountains. Perhaps, these delicious fish could be found here as well.
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Bayushi Umeno

Re: Trout About (D9, EA)

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:23 am

The thing about rapids was, there was always a flow to it, a rhyme and a reason. There were certainly of plenty of dangerous parts, but if one knew where to look, there was always a place of calm and peace.

For Umeno, that involved a little side pool in the rocks. It was convenient that there were plenty of vines down into it, and to make it even better, the water came in and out in a whirl that made it quite the soothing experience without being too dangerous. The water was warmer than most rivers she knew to top it all off, which made it more comfortable. It was, as far as she was concerned, the perfect place to wash away some of the sweat that'd built up on her.

Laying back against the sides of the pool, her arms out and relaxed, she was surprised to see a line cast over her and go into the water in front of it. It wasn't in the pool she was in, but whomever was fishing was sitting right above. Craning her neck back, she tried to see if she could catch who it was, or at least a part of them. Not that she was concerned if she was seen.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Former Kawagaya | Stand-Oafish | Blessed
Carries: Armor, Dai Tsuchi, Tetsubo, Tanto, Hat and Cloak, Pack

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:28 am

Noticing something move in the pool within rocks she was actually trying to find, Kinsen takes a look down to find someone she have not seen before. Even though the face was familiar.

Kinsen frowns. Quite a catch. Strikingly beautiful. Perfect body. Thoughts of the face-swapping hag Nanzi mentioned cross her mind. She aks, outloud.

"Who are you and what are you doing down there?"
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
TN to be recognized is 0

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:33 am

Umeno's head tilted a bit before she gave a grin of sorts. "Well then, not who I was suspecting of being the mysterious fisher that decided to join me. Bayushi Umeno, only member of my clan present. And you, I believe, are the wife of Hantei, yes? Guess this makes two for two."

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:39 am

Kinsen nods to her, still rather skeptical. "Yes. Hantei Kinsen. I hope you have had a good meal today, Bayushi-san. I am trying to catch some fish for this evening. Might be our last chance to enjoy."

For some reason, her eyes couldn't move away from the young woman and her dark hair. She asks again, "Quote dangerous down there, young lady."

TN to be recognized is 0

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:45 am

Umeno gave a small laugh. "Yeah, well, this entire trip's dangerous. Doesn't mean I can't handle myself. If you want, I can grab onto the line and you can take me back as your catch. Not that I imagine I wouldn't taste sour."

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:52 am

She did look quite dangerous, in every sense. Pretty similar to Kinsen herself, being colors the main difference. The Stag wife laughs a bit at the thought. "You sure are fit. Not sure the line would hold this big of a catch, though. Bayushi-san."

The blonde squints her eyes. "Looks like you would taste spicy. Care if I go down? It looks like it is a better place to throw line."

TN to be recognized is 0

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:55 am

The Bayushi gave a shrug of her strong shoulders. "It's a free jungle. I'm not great company, but I don't bite either. Water's nice this time of day."

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:01 am

"Water is surely nice. Although the rapids are quite treacherous. I cut myself earlier at the waterfall." Kinsen recounts, but doesn't mention she jumped off and fumbled. Taking the pole, Kinsen grabs the vines like a cat would do on a tree, and climbs down easily. Finding a safe place to land her feet into the shallow water, she smiles to Umeno, giving a bow. "Thank you for sharing this with me. It is surely pleasant."

--
Athletics/Strength: 6d10o10k5 31

TN to be recognized is 0

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:07 am

Umeno watched Kinsen's making her way down. Any worry she might have had didn't show, and proved quite unfounded. She had suspected the wife of Hantei to be a good bit more... delicate.

"Think nothing of it. I might not be sociable, as I said, but I appreciate the company. After all, if I get watched away, I'd need someone to drag me back to shore." She paused, giving a coy smirk. "A woman as athletic as yourself would be about the best chance I'd have I imagine."

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:11 am

“Believe me, these waters and my diving skills are not at good terms today. I better have you right here at my side.” Kinsen smiles and preparing the fishing pole again.

“I don’t remember correctly. It has been a long time I don’t do this. In any chance, Fortune favors the bold. Right?”

The Stag swings the line at the river again, and moves it to a place potentially deeper than before.

While waiting, she mentions, “Bayushi-kami-sama must think highly of you. Sending you here.”

--
Craft: Fishing/Agility + VP for Skill: 4d10o10k3 21

TN to be recognized is 0

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:18 am

Umeno seemed to settle again, relaxing in the swirling water with her head back and eyes closed. "Mmm, I'm not entirely certain on that much, but he at least thinks high enough about my fighting skills. I've been helping him out for about a year now getting rid of as many bandits from Scorpion lands as I can, and he decided I'd do go hitting things for his siblings on this journey too."

She opened an eye to look over at the finishing Stag. "I don't know if I could do the wife of a Kami thing. Feels like there'd be a lot of official functions and chatting diplomatically and not enough recklessly running into the thick of battle for my tastes."

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:39 am

“Oh! I am still learning those.” Kinsen seems to have hooked something and starts pulling the line. “See, Bayushi-san. I am a warrior. I actually fought against the Kami during the Seppun conflict with the Noriaki years ago. So, I know how it is like to getting rid of people for your master. Although you’re in a much better position than I was. You serve a Kami. I served an usurper before. Glad Bishamon chose not to bless him anymore.”

The fishing pole arches and the fish seems to have started to swim away. Kinsen bites her lower lip and begins to give some cord. While so, she comments nonchalantly, “Maybe you end up like me, too. Marrying someone you want by your own merits.”

TN to be recognized is 0

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:59 am

"Oh, I didn't doubt for a minute you were a warrior," Umeno said with a chuckle. "I used to do guard work for the Kuwagaya before I started helping Bayushi. I admit, I quite like doing his dirty work, so I can't complain."

Umeno turned over in the water to rest against the side of the pool, head resting on her folder arms as she looked to Kinsen better, wAter trickling down her tense back "In. Not really in any sort of rush for marriage. Suppose I might find someone like that one day, but I have pretty high standards"

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:12 pm

Kinsen pulls the line steadily and then begins to shorten the distance, with another swing, she takes the fish off the river. A succulent and tasty trout. She shows the fish to Umeno with a smile and sticks it into the basket that she placed underwater. Keep the fish fresh.

Job done, she sits over a rock feeling the water run around her crossed legs. Kinsen stretches a bit her and lays them back as supper to look up to the skies. “Oh. I do have high standards like you. Yet, I was done doing dirty work the day I’ve met dear husband. Your lord included. Which makes me wonder. How you’ve met?”

TN to be recognized is 0

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:21 pm

Umeno smirked a bit. "Every person. No matter, suppose it's natural curiosity."

She paused, thoughtful. Umeno lazy reached a hand out and ran her fingers along Kinsen's calf. "...Mmm, he passed through Kuwagaya lands. I heard about the sky being visiting and decided I'd show him he wasn't so hot. Challenged him in my... own sort of way. Course, he more than out did me. Didn't judge me though, just said he was leaving in the morning. Ended up chasing him cross the south until I finally caught him. Offered to take me in at that point."

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:15 pm

As Kinsen was looking at the sky and unaware of Umeno's tickly tricks, she squeals feeling somethign cold touching her leg, instantly taking it out of the water and embracing them with her arms.

"EEEEEP!"

Noticing it was Umeno, she frowns and pouts for a moment, then starts to giggle. "You silly! I thought it was a fish, or some tentacle thingie."

She still goes over the story she told, but at a subconscious level.

TN to be recognized is 0

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:28 pm

Umeno gave a small smirk. "If it was, I'd have caught it for daring to tickle you and made it my dinner."

"It's honestly been just fine here, not a single creature's disturbed me yet." Umeno paused, giving a light nibble at her lower lip. "Mm, since you have your dinner, you could always join me. You've got quite a bit of sweat on you, same as everyone in this jungle."

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:08 am

Even though blessed by Benten abundantly, Kinsen herself isn't too aware of most indirect intentions others might have toward her. Always being someone considered to be 'untouchable' as bride of the Noriaki chieftain, guest of the Seppun and now wife to Hantei, she has been rather veiled from potentially different displays of affection.

She feels, though, something... different, and for a moment, takes a deep breath. "I've beeb swimming earlier on today. There's an amazing pool after these rapids, and an amazing waterfall. You should go check it out later."

Witha shrug, and mostly unaware of potential danger, Kinsen removes her well sewed up kimono to fold it up neatly over a rock. Then, she makes sure her hair is tightly pinned up, and gets into the water near Umeno to relax as she did.

TN to be recognized is 0

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:24 am

Umeno looked for a moment as Kinsen climbed in, but looked down the rapids as if trying to note the Stag's comment. "Oh, I was there earlier today. Just came from the falls in fact, had lunch and a talk with a few swimmers. Including Saruko, which is why I made my earlier comment."

The Scorpion's invitation had been, for the most part, quite sincere and thoughtful. The water was nice after all, and she enjoyed the company. Still, there had been a small part of her that had been curious about Kinsen, and that part was having a hard time reestablishing eye contact, instead looking anywhere else. She'd never really met anyone who made her embarrassed, so she wasn't sure what the feeling was, All she knew is a thought strikingly similar to Kinsen's earlier thought; strikingly beautiful, perfect body.

It lead to a bit of an awkward silence, Umeno finally laying her head back and closing her eyes. "I doubt we'll find the rest of our trip so peaceful. I feel like this day's a dream between nightmares."

Return to “The Rapids”