Refreshments (D9, EM, Open)

Togashi Saruko

Re: Refreshments (D9, EM, Open)

Post by Togashi Saruko » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:19 am

Saruko chuckled, shaking her head. "I can do what is in my power of how I will be remembered. I would preferred to be remembered for who I am and what I actually have accomplished, instead of... well, I guess I'm still adapting to all the change myself, hence my discomfort. I'm still not quite used to being someone others look to for guidance and leadership. So yeah, I'm not infallible or perfect myself, and I have lots of thoughts of what I like things to be!"

Her discomfort then hadn't been quite understood, and the setting back then hadn't been the right one she felt to voice them.

"The only way we can change how others see us, is the impressions we leave behind. Hopefully. So, in a similar vein, I worry for those who are being so... stubborn these days, because it reminds me of how there are always different sides to a story. No matter what we do, or what our divine spouses do, they will look at them and us and tell their descendants that we were evil and cruel. Even if its true or not."
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:24 am

“Brother Nanzi would hear these thoughts, if you wish to give them, sister,” he said looking at her.

At the latter bit he replied, “We are always the villain in someone’s story even if only briefly. Not everyone will be happy with what we do, and since Shiba names himself Emperor, that brings with it certain things. Once does not name himself King and then sit in a cave unless they wish to be humorous.”

“People will be hurt, some may even suffer, not intentionally but it will be so. Things will change in ways we cannot even see, not even the Kami, the best we can hope is that we leave behind a good path and set our people on the right paths.”

“Assuming we can all even agree on that.”
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace
Supporting Staff: Doji Jigutsuji, Nanzi Jongwun, Raven on shoulder

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:59 am

"That's the thing! I think we all could agree more if we all knew more!" she said, caught somewhere between excitement and frustration. "Like, the Nezumi had this place full of history and knowledge - it's a great idea! Think of how much farther we can go if people get the chance to learn and grow. I always wanted to learn more before, but I've really discovered that there's so much I don't know or don't understand the past years, and the more I discover that, there is so much I wish to learn. If only I had had the chance to learn sooner, but the Ayakashi had no library or great place of learning and knowledge."

She sighed. "And I think if more of these people got to learn about the Kami and all they have to teach us, I think fewer would be scared of them, or misunderstand them."
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:09 am

“That is what Nanzi and Doji wish as well a central culture, a central place of ideas, if everyone has their own way then there is chaos. We can't all do things so differently that we must change everything based on what village or place we are. If three goats are worth a stout hammer in Dragon lands then three goats should be worth a stout hammer in the Crane…”

He smirked and added, “The place of learning is a good idea, where we can store ideas and they can be shared as needed. People are scared because new will change how they live now, routine is good for many. Even if routine is worse than what could be, it is good for them now.”

“Even if it is now.”

He said with annoyance, “Nanzi speaks to blind shaman, she says her people sacrifice spirit talkers to a portal to appease hungry ghosts… what if we can fix that? Surely we can try, but they are content to say it works now why change such things. That is not good enough for Nanzi.”
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:20 am

"Oh, right. I suppose trade should be worked out too somehow..." she hadn't really thought about things like that, having been more focused on people and improving people's lives.

"Human sacrifices?" Saruko's face twisted in disgust for a moment. "That's horrible. We should help them, to put an end to such a terrible thing."

Theme 2Profile

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:24 am

“Agreed, the shaman did not seem concerned… even though she was nearly sacrificed. Nanzi is sure she isn’t alone, people will live with horrible things just because that is how things were and must be,” he said sadly.

“Nanzi cannot abide, even if others see him as a conqueror, he cannot allow his fellow people to live in misery if he can make it better.”

He grabbed a rock and tossed it into the rushing waters below. He said, “Now all were meant to live simple lives.”

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:27 am

"I suppose there is some truth to that, though destiny is what we make it out to be ourselves," she watched the rock and watched it disappear in the rapids.

"Some people choose to be blind though."

Theme 2Profile

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:28 am

"Nanzi wonders why," he said looking up to the heavens.

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:32 am

"It's a comfort, I think, for some," she sighed, looking to the horizon herself. "It's safer to cling to what you already know and have, than to take a chance on the new and unknown for many."

"For me, all doubts were gone when I felt their strong connection to Tengoku. And when I first glimpsed Tengoku."

Theme 2Profile

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:36 am

"For Nanzi it was his vision on the side of a mountain near death... never has there ever been a vision so clear, and it would not be repeated until the day he took Doji as his wife... and then perhaps when his children were born, so four moments of clarity," he said chuckling.

"What world will we create? You are a daimyo now, a leader or whatever that means in the Dragon... do you feel that responsibility?"

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:41 am

"Hmmm... sometimes, I do, sometimes, I don't," it was hard to put into words. "Sometimes I feel great at teaching others what I've learned. And it feels strange that others look to me and consider me a teacher and leader, that they think that what I'm saying is wise and interesting."

Not that she had that many followers yet, and many of them were others of the Ayakashi who already knew her, so she trusted them to be genuine in their interest.

"I think I still need to find my footing of what my responsibility truly is. What my place is among the Dragon. Wu had such a clear idea right away when he bent the knee to Togashi... I almost envied him a bit of that certainity."

Theme 2Profile

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:50 am

“Maybe you don’t need a clear idea right away, it does not seem like Togashi-ue cares about such things. More so just who you are and what you bring to the Dragon. The rest will sort itself out,” he said kindly.

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:30 am

She nodded enthusiastically. "Yes! In time, I'm sure I will figure it out more clearly. I have ideas, but... well, they're ideas. Some of them good, some of them bad. But, when I return home, I'm going to spend more time thinking about them so that they can be more than just ideas."

"What about you though? How are you finding your role as Doji's husband, and daimyo of the Nanzi?"

Theme 2Profile

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:41 am

“Busy, Nanzi will not just be Doji’s husband, he will work to better the Crane and the Empire. Keeping lines of communication between allies and being sure that he is there for major decisions. Nanzi makes sure the people have enough food, we have new land being prepared for farms or grazing,bushi are there to protect and keep lands safe. The Bushi need weapons and food and support,” he said ticking off things on his fingers.

“There can be little rest when every winter one must prepare stockpiles and hope that we have made the right preparations. The techniques the Kami have shown us have made things better but some things take much time to bear real fruit. Nanzi is proud though, his people are seeing what it means to be Crane.”

“Perhaps when Nanzi is dead and just some honored ancestor the people will look back and go, he did good by us. Until then, Nanzi will do the work that needs doing.”

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:50 am

"A worthy goal, my friend. Working to better the lives of many, to improve on ways of old... I believe that's how we can have a brighter future. Imagine to reach a time when people aren't worried if they make it through the winter, because there is enough food for everyone and there's no roving tribes like the Noriaki or the Hikaru coming to raid what you have stockpiled for the winter-season."

She certainly hoped her children would grow up in such good times, to not have to worry about surviving year to year. Even if she knew that the Ayakashi had had it better than many others in that regard, but suddenly harvests could fail or other tragedies could strike.

Theme 2Profile

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:04 am

"The Great Work never ends," Nanzi joked.

"You mentioned not everyone working together, anything specific Nanzi could help with?"

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:12 am

"Hm? Oh... well, not so much as working together, but rather... hmmm... no, I guess I was just thinking of the Seidou woman. She hasn't been troublesome for the mission though, so I can't say anything bad there. I just think she's a woman who needs some time to find her questions, so she can find the answers she seek."

Saruko shrugged.

"Have you spoken with her?"

Theme 2Profile

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:17 am

"Her and her sister came before me and Nanzi explained the Crane to her, she seemed polite, Nanzi supposes. Nanzi thinks something she may not understand is that we don't have to recruit people. They come to us, it is now less proving ourselves to the tribes and more the tribes proving their value to the Clans. There is a place for all in the Empire if they are willing to work at it," he responded.

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:25 am

"Hmmm... I spoke to this... Haruyo, back in Great Mountain City," she said, a touch thoughtful. "I could understand her much better than Satone, I think. She seemed calm, thoughtful, but uncertain yet of which direction to take in this changing world - which I can understand. Just because most of your tribe has followed Hida doesn't mean it's the right path for you to go. We must all find our own path to walk."

"But when I spoke with Satone, I felt like she didn't even know herself what she was afraid of. And people say my husband is the enigmatic one." Saruko huffed dramatically, puffing her cheeks in slight annoyance.

Theme 2Profile

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:29 am

"Nanzi agrees to that, she is very... confusing," he agreed.

"Nanzi senses she just does not like change and wishes to do what she has done, which she can do. Go be Seidou but the world will keep changing."

Return to “The Rapids”