Refreshments (D9, EM, Open)

Togashi Saruko

Refreshments (D9, EM, Open)

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sun May 31, 2020 9:35 pm

While it would probably be easier to gather water from the pool at the bottom of the waterfall, she knew that it was best to collect water upstream.

Though... those rapids were kinda scary. And she knew she couldn't swim.

But... she did have her water bottle, and her bucket, and a rope!

"It can't be that hard to just use the rope to pull the bucket up after filling!" Easier said than done as she mucked about with the rope for a good while.

-----

D9 EM Smort Monkey?: 2d10 11
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Nanzi

Re: Refreshments (D9, EM, Open)

Post by Nanzi » Sun May 31, 2020 11:22 pm

"What have we here?" Nanzi asked as he approached.
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace
Supporting Staff: Doji Jigutsuji, Nanzi Jongwun, Raven on shoulder

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sun May 31, 2020 11:35 pm

"Hmmmm..." she took a moment before responding, staring all the while at her rope-work on the bucket.

"I'm trying to think of a clever way to get water from the rapids, without, you know... going tumbling into the waters for a swim myself. Maybe I'm just being overly cautious."
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Sun May 31, 2020 11:37 pm

"I can get you some water, if I may," he said offering to help.
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sun May 31, 2020 11:55 pm

"I don't know if I want to ask for Doji's wrath incase you get swept away by the rapids, Nanzi," Saruko chuckled. "But I'm all ears for ideas!"

Theme 2Profile

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:15 am

Nanzi repsonded, "There are some vines and thick branches, Nanzi can climb down and scoop some up."

"Maybe tie the rope around Nanzi so if the worse shall happen he will not go far."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:37 am

"That's not a bad idea. If you want to dare it, I won't stop you." She nodded after having thought it over. "I hope you know how to swim though, as I never learned myself."

Theme 2Profile

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:53 am

"Nanzi knows many things," he said proudly and started removing excessive clothing before tying a rope around his wrist and then to a thick tree/bush.

Once satisfied he climbed down. He gathered the water with ease and then pulled himself back up and smirked saying, "Nothing the Dragon and Crane can do together."

OOC: Mission success I assume.

Climbing Down: 6d10o10k2 21

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:10 am

"Woo! Good job!" Saruko clapped her hands together happily as Nanzi successfuly climbed up again. Sometimes the easiest solution was the best solution.

"I'm sad my ideas didn't pan out, but this is great. Thank you. It's amazing what people can achieve by working together, yes."

Theme 2Profile

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:11 am

"We should never lose sight of that," he said kindly. He He shook off the water from the rapids below and said, "Cold... even in this early heat. Hard to believe we are getting closer to hell by the day."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:38 am

"If the waters are cool, I might go for a dip in the pool that's by the waterfall further down. This heat is... oppressive." And it was only going to get worse later in the day. Already she had gotten so used to the cooler airs of the northern mountains.

"Having talked with some of the people in camp though, I think more people should keep unity in their minds."

Theme 2Profile

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:48 am

"Why do you say, honored sister?" he said taking a seat on the ledge.

"Everyone not getting along, anyone else challenging Hantei to a punching match?" he added coyly.

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:00 am

"Did someone challenge Hantei to a punching match?" she asked, surprised. "No, I was more thinking of this woman that challenged Shinjo to knock her out in one blow. I guess I'm not really seeing the logic some people have."

Saruko shrugged, puzzled by the way people worked sometimes.

Theme 2Profile

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:16 am

“That would be the one probably, was she of the Seidou? That sounds like a Seidu thing, given my talk with Anjing and the time Nanzi and Doji spent in their lands. Hida must like taking challenges because every other day some Seidou or traveler would come throw themself at Doji and challenge her to battle or lifting barrels or any number of foolishness.”

“More than a few Nanzi had to lay hands on, but most shrunk under her withering but polite glare from behind her fan. Some folks think the best way to prove their strength is to challenge the kami,maybe it makes them feel greater?” he said wistfully.

“The woman must be made of firm stuff if she withstood the blow, maybe she can be the new god of foolish beatings.”

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:30 am

"Oh, no doubt," Saruko nodded. "I was surprised she wasn't in such a bad shape after having challenged a Kami, but I wouldn't think Shinjo would have wanted to hurt her either."

Her bond-sister probably had felt in a bit of a bind if she was forced to hurt others like that. Even if they were asking for it. At least, that's how Saruko's mind worked.

"Maybe I just find it strange, since no one has challenged my husband like that." But then again, most people seemed to think twice about it when they saw Togashi.

Theme 2Profile

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:34 am

"Nanzi was surprised the first time but, it happens less in our own lands and often they just gawk and stare, in awe as they should," he said proudly.

"Shinjo, I feel for, she does not seem the type to want to prove herself through violence alone. Hantei as well."

"Be glad you have not had that, hopefully she found what she sought," Nanzi asked.

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:37 am

"I don't think she did," but Saruko wasn't quite sure if the woman actually knew yet herself what she was seeking. Which wasn't uncommon.

"Neither brother Hantei or sister Shinjo are the violent type. Now, if it was Hida... or Akodo, I'd be worried. They aren't the types to back down from a physical challenge. Remember Yasuragi, eh? She got to challenge Akodo, after all." That had been quite the ooh and aah five years ago.

"I hope we can put violence behind us in the future."

Theme 2Profile

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:40 am

"If a person's first instinct is to have a godling punch them, Nanzi highly doubts it," he responded. He sighed and added, "Nanzi is unsure of the future, he is sure of what he wishes to see but unsure if the right decisions are being made to find it. Nanzi does not wish for the tribes to be crushed, but they cannot remain not for long. The Empire will need room as the families settle, do we allow the tribes to take good land and leave our people to starve or suffer?"

"Something will give, it always does."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:58 am

"The flowers of spring can often defiantly last throughout the summer, but when the chill of autumn comes before the winter cold sets in, change becomes inevitable."

Saruko shrugged, though with a sense of not knowing what to do. She felt that if more just sat down and spoke with the Kami, they would see the possibilities of so much more being opened up.

Theme 2Profile

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:11 am

“Do you not look to the future? The other night it troubled you that you would not be remembered as you are, you know none of us that have chosen the path we are on will be remembered as we were. We will not control our names, or even our memories. We will be what our Clans and our Empire needs us to be. Examples, heroes, and cautionary tales,” Nanzi said looking at her.

“Yet this bothers you.”

Return to “The Rapids”