[Day 9, EA] Verdant and Vibrant

Hanzou

[Day 9, EA] Verdant and Vibrant

Post by Hanzou » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:58 pm

Hanzou was exploring the jungle. Scouting through the thick undergrowth was difficult, as you could only see so far on the ground. So, he had climbed into the trees and was moving through them as best he could.

- - -
[Day 9, EA] Verdant and Vibrant, Moving through the trees, Athletics: 5d10o10k3 20
Stranger ~ Shugenja ~ Water ~ Archer ~ Hunter ~ Healer ~ Spirit Talker ~ Small ~ Wary ~ Ennui
Glory 2 ~ Reputation 4 ~ Status 1

Carries: Yumi, Arrows, Aiguchi, Lantern, Water, Medicine Kit, Jade (4/7)

Agasha

Re: [Day 9, EA] Verdant and Vibrant

Post by Agasha » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:21 am

Agasha watched from below, just seeming to obverse what he was doing for now.
Bat Clan | Shugenja | Fire | Raised by Nazo | Overly Honest

Run by GM Canary

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:25 am

Catching sight of the woman below, he made his way down. A few moments later, he landed on the jungle floor in front of her. Hanzou studied her for a moment before finally speaking.

"So, you're the sskisss daughter?"
Stranger ~ Shugenja ~ Water ~ Archer ~ Hunter ~ Healer ~ Spirit Talker ~ Small ~ Wary ~ Ennui

Agasha

Post by Agasha » Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:45 am

She tilted her head, then nodded. "Mm-hmm. I'm one of them. Rei-chan is the other, but she's too little to have much to say. Who're you, climber of trees? Are you hoping to fly?"

Run by GM Canary

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:15 pm

"Yes, actually." he smiled wistfully. "But, I didn't inherit that threest gift. Maybe I'll convince the air strisk spirits someday."

"My teacher asked scrreeest me to find you." he added. "I don't know if it was your chirt father's idea or Unmei's."

Agasha

Post by Agasha » Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:33 pm

"We should research that eventually. Maybe alongside Ryoko-san's magic and figuring out a way to commune with the spirits without blood, since she seems to be able to do that. With some lift from air, flying should be theoretically no problem, but it might be a challenge to figure out how to convince the air spirits to displace that much of themselves for one person. They do like to play, though. Hmm..." She seemed to wander briefly into her own thoughts for a moment before emerging from them again as she remembered he'd said something else.

"I don't know. Are you hoping to join the Bat? Who's Unmei?"

Run by GM Canary

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:42 pm

"I wonder if playing with them could be equivalent to the zerkts sacrifice of blood." he mused. "Unmei is my teacher, but I'm not sure he can cheech teach me much more. I thought he sent me to protect you, but I'm begining to think he had seessts other reasons."

Agasha

Post by Agasha » Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:25 pm

"Playing or praying. Play-praying?" She mused to herself. "I think they would like both of those things, anyway. Nazo told me it's important to thank someone if you're going to ask them to do something for you."

She looked up awagin, watching him... Then started to climb the tree as well as she asked, "What do you think the other reasons are?"

Run by GM Canary

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:36 pm

"It's true, they do so many chirrt wonderful things for us." he nodded. "Unmei has been teaching me since I was a skeet child, but there's only so much he can offer. Spirit magic isn't kricht quite the same as what we do. And, there's these stict Kami and the clans they are forming. I wonder where the spirits might fit into whatever they are creating, where creeesst I might fit in."

Agasha

Post by Agasha » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:42 am

"Yes! I bet we haven't even really started to plumb the depths of which they're capable," she said, finally reaching his level with her feet on one branch and her hands holding onto the branch above. "I want to find out everything about them, and the spirit realms, and all sorts of things. Shiba-san has a lot of people connected to spirits around him. And Nazi is married to a man in another realm. So I think it's whatever you want your place to be if you strove for it. You could help me learn more about the world, or Reiko-san's Clan is also magically inclined, and aforementioned Shiba-san."

Run by GM Canary

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:58 am

"I do have a few ideas, but I'm trying to get a better skik sense of how things are and what may happen." he said. "My name is hetch Hanzou, by the way, of the koumori."

Agasha

Post by Agasha » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:22 am

"That's fair." Agasha pulled herself up until she was hanging by the upper branch from her knees. "The shapechanging bat spirits? Are you partially koumori? Is that why you talk like that?"

Run by GM Canary

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:29 am

"My mother is one." he nodded. "I think it's vreezzz bits of spirit tongue. I understand spirits, so sssict I don't hear it myself."

Agasha

Post by Agasha » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:58 am

"Hmm... if you don't hear them, I wonder if they mean something specific or not? I heart you go..." She concentrated and imitated the sounds to the best of her ability. "Vreezzz and sssict just now. Though I wonder if it loses something when a human who's not connected to those spirits in particular make those noises?"

Run by GM Canary

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:22 am

"That's how krrift I sound?" He shook his head. "I don't know if I really understand vrit their languages. I just know whatever a creature of another chrep realm is saying."

Agasha

Post by Agasha » Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:32 am

"I see... that sounds like it would be really useful. I want to be able to understand them, too. Is it something you just picked up on, or is it a spiritual ability? I wonder if the kami could help with that, too?" She wondered as she hung with her arms dangling below her head.

Run by GM Canary

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:19 am

"It is something feesth I've always been able to do." he shrugged. "I've often wondered if it might have some effect on my connection with the whissst kami. They are spirits of the mortal realm, but the vreeesss elements are everywhere. I wonder if there is a way I could communicate with hisst them more clearly. Perhaps that could lead to other eeesssk methods to request their aid."

Agasha

Post by Agasha » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:37 am

"I think that's very possible. It might make it easier. Or it might just be emblematic of your connection to another spirit world entirely. I've wanted to test the effect of the essence of other spirit realms on humans both with and without jade. If it's that, your abilities would still be very helpful," she replied, swinging a little. "Have you considered joining a Clan?"

Run by GM Canary

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:03 am

"I have." he nodded. "Obviously, there are many reasons to consider your sceeesss father's, though I don't really know much about it. Others have suggested both fshishs Shiba and Togashi. But, I have a rrrirrr personal interest in Shinjo's followers."

Agasha

Post by Agasha » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:17 am

"We focus on crafting and interaction with the spirit realms, especially Meido for obvious reasons related to Ryoshun," she explained. "It's been interesting studying the lore I can find on different realms. I hope you will consider us."

"A personal interest?"

Run by GM Canary

Return to “The Jungle”