(D9, LM, Open) Filling up a shrine

Canary

Re: (D9, LM, Open) Filling up a shrine

Post by Canary » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:08 am

Shinsei wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:52 am
"Oh, I'm no expert," Shinsei says as he sets down an ecpertly carved statue if Ebisu. "But I'm given to understand that he takes a more keen interest in the affairs of mortals then most of the others, besides Benten. I suppose if he isn't in heaven keeping records he off somewhere...meddling."
"You sound a touch salty about the prospect."
GM + Bird + Glorious Plumage + Experienced

"Is the dark side stronger?"
"No, no, no. Quicker. Easier. More seductive."

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:33 am

Shinsei wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:52 am
"Oh, I'm no expert," Shinsei says as he sets down an ecpertly carved statue if Ebisu. "But I'm given to understand that he takes a more keen interest in the affairs of mortals then most of the others, besides Benten. I suppose if he isn't in heaven keeping records he off somewhere...meddling."
"You cannot leave us with just that teaser, you have to tell us the full story."

Looking at the statue:

"Your carving is quite nice. Where did you learn it?

Also, do you want to paint it? I managed to get hold of some of the paint we use to make the wagons waterproof, as well as a few brushes. Not top quality, but we must do with the tools we're given."
Imperial | Former Isawa | Bushi | Artisan | Skeletal
Outfit in camp: No weapon, no trinket (D1-D7), jade (D9+) | On patrol: Light armor, yari, bronze sword, yumi + quiver
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Reputation: What Is Expected | Description

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:38 am

Dawei perks up.

"On that, did you get any oils? If not, no worry, but a good oil-rubbing does wonders for most woods."
Seppun Dawei
Stag Clan * Bushi * Quiet * O-Iemoto * Experienced
Status 2.0, Glory 2.0, Reputation 4.5
In village: wears sturdy clothes; carries bronze sword, knife, often a piece of wood he's carving, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
Out of village: wears ashigaru armor; carries bronze sword, yumi, quiver of arrows, traveling pack, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
"Speaking" * Thinking
Description from Dawn 1 * Current Description
Player based in Kerrville, Texas

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:52 am

"Maybe. Maybe not. If that's standard maintenance material for wood, there's probably some in the pile of stuff I've borrowed for a few hours. If not, then the answer is no."
Outfit in camp: No weapon, no trinket (D1-D7), jade (D9+) | On patrol: Light armor, yari, bronze sword, yumi + quiver

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:24 am

Canary wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:08 am
"You sound a touch salty about the prospect."

Jiyo Ayumu wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:33 am
"You cannot leave us with just that teaser, you have to tell us the full story."

Looking at the statue:

"Your carving is quite nice. Where did you learn it?

Also, do you want to paint it? I managed to get hold of some of the paint we use to make the wagons waterproof, as well as a few brushes. Not top quality, but we must do with the tools we're given."
Shinsei gave Kinyôbi a curious glance at her comment, then turned more fully towards Ayumu.

"I've few specific examples of Fukurokujin to speak on, though I'm certain he often trips over his own beard when something is recorded incorrectly. But, much as mortals possess in them the power to shape the heavens, so do the heavens have the power to shape mortals. In my travels I've heard talk about the workings of Benten most commonly, enough to the point that some believe the fortune regularly takes on the guise of a human and walks among us. That is, if true, an extreme example of a fortune taking a vested interest in us, but if one fortune is capable of it..." He shrugged, leaving the rest up to imagination.
Mysterious Stranger | Ascetic | Enlightened

Run by GM Bakuriel

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:52 am

"But why the jab at Fukurokujin in particular then, and not, for example at Ebisu, whose image is in your hands at this instant?"

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:07 am

Shinsei shrugged. "Just being an old salt, I guess. I respect Ebisu, but with all my wisdom, I am most familiar with Fukurokujin. That familiarity makes him an easy target."
Mysterious Stranger | Ascetic | Enlightened

Run by GM Bakuriel

Doji Kaze

Post by Doji Kaze » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:27 am

Kaze wasn't entirely sure where this guy got off being disrespectful to the Fortunes. A frown began to develop, but he wasn't interested in a dispute, so he bore down on his work.

Carving Benten, 1 raise=43

Soon, the Fortune of Love's curious mixture of masculine and feminine characteristics began to emerge from the wood block. It was hypnotically lovely in its androgyny and in its sympathetic expression. As it emerged, the mild annoyance he had felt began to dissipate, and he found his mind wandering down new paths, considering new ideas, new feelings that had only just begun to emerge.
* Crane Clan * ex-Chinsei * Very, Very Quiet * Reformed Wild Man of the Woods * In Love With Words *

Equipment: Yari, Nage-yari, Yumi, Ashiguru armor, some rope, a jade pendant, and a shovel.

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:17 am

Dawei looks over at Kaze's work and nods.

"Solid piece, that. Good work."

He smiles again. "Good, indeed."
Seppun Dawei
In village: wears sturdy clothes; carries bronze sword, knife, often a piece of wood he's carving, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
Out of village: wears ashigaru armor; carries bronze sword, yumi, quiver of arrows, traveling pack, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
"Speaking" * Thinking

Doji Kaze

Post by Doji Kaze » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:57 am

"I am glad you approve, Dawei-kun." The knife continued to smooth out rough sections as he smiled a little shyly. "I am...experimenting with your method, and it seems Benten leaps from the wood!"
* Crane Clan * ex-Chinsei * Very, Very Quiet * Reformed Wild Man of the Woods * In Love With Words *

Equipment: Yari, Nage-yari, Yumi, Ashiguru armor, some rope, a jade pendant, and a shovel.

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:30 am

"Maybe I will find similar success with your methods, Kaze-kun," comes the reply, with another nod and a wink. "I shall have to practice.

"But for now," and he motions with his head toward the rest.
Seppun Dawei
"Speaking" * Thinking

Doji Kaze

Post by Doji Kaze » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:37 am

"I understand. You have many seeking your attention. I cannot lay claim to all of it, much as I may wish to."

He looked down at his work to cover his growing smile. "Benten and I shall have to make do with each other until you are available."

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:40 am

"There'll be time later. I promise."
Seppun Dawei
"Speaking" * Thinking

Doji Kaze

Post by Doji Kaze » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:50 am

"Then I shall wait patiently until then." *Skrit* *skrit* went the knife.

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:23 pm

Dawei nods and moves among the others present, checking on their progress, offering assistance as he can.
Seppun Dawei
"Speaking" * Thinking

Doji Kaze

Post by Doji Kaze » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:01 pm

Kaze looked up to watch him with the others. Bad with words, huh, Dawei-kun? I think you have qualities in abundance, and we will discover them all.

He continued to lovingly shape the image of love, determined that this statue would gleam among the others, reflecting one of the heights of human experience in defiance of the dark.

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:48 pm

OOC:

D11 LM Artisan: Painting/Awareness to paint Ayumu's statue of Hotei. TN 15: 5d10o10k4 19
Ayumu's statue of Hotei has been painted! Oops, I meant Dawei! Got the names wrong when looking at the list.

D11 EM Artisan: Painting/Awareness to paint the statue of Benten. +1k1 Void. 2 raises. TN 25: 6d10o10k5 48
Benten has been fabulously painted!
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:29 am

OOC:

D11 EE Artisan: Painting/Awareness to fix Daikoku's statue. 1 raise. TN 20: 5d10o10k4 26
Daikoku's statue has now been painted. I believe that's all of them?
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:36 pm

(OOC: Fukurokujin, sculpted by Kinyoubi, Sora's "servant", is not painted too if my notes are correct)

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:39 am

Theme 2Profile

Return to “The Jungle”