Trade Talk (D9 EA Expecting, But Open)

Ninube

Trade Talk (D9 EA Expecting, But Open)

Post by Ninube » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:39 am

Ninube waited for her friend to arrive at the designated space.
Spider Clan * "Scout" * Unloved By Her Ancestors

Items: Bronze Sword * Jade * Ashigaru Armor (when scouting and such) * Mask (when scouting and such) * Lucky Cricket in Cage (during down time)

Nozomi

Re: Trade Talk (D9 EA Expecting, But Open)

Post by Nozomi » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:05 am

Such a lovely place. Thick, lush, full of life and above all, full of shadows. That was the thing that Phi liked about this jungle more than anything else. She didn't feel the harshness of the sun in the verdancy of the jungle. When she caught sight of the little sneak thief turned Spider, she smiled behind her veil and waved.

"Didn't keep you, I hope."
Disciple of Shinsei * Experienced Phi * Disturbing Countenance * Former Rappa
Status - 1.0, Reputation - "What is Expected," Glory - 2.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:31 am

Ninube smiled and waved back. "Nah. I was just thinking about things and what can be done about it."

Items: Bronze Sword * Jade * Ashigaru Armor (when scouting and such) * Mask (when scouting and such) * Lucky Cricket in Cage (during down time)

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:41 am

"Hah. If you keep vaguely thinking about things, you'll drive yourself mad. it's almost gotten me too." A shake of her head and she rested up against the trunk of one of the trees. "What's got you riled up? The obvious shit-storm we're walking into? Or something specific?" They could get to training in a minute. She actually liked this woman a little bit. Might a well make sure everything was alright.
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:59 am

"We found a little girl in our supplies. A stowaway. She claimed her family was attacked by monsters and she his in the Nezumi city until we came. Then, she snuck into our supply wagon. That wasn't so disturbing. Hell, I did that when I was her age a few times. But The Crane leader, Nanzi, said there were monsters who stole the faces of some of our guards. We got lucky or we would have never been able to tell who it was." She figured it may be unpleasant, but she should warn Phi.

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:07 am

Her expression didn't change. If anything, it stayed almost eerily still. When Ninube had finished explaining, she nodded only once. "I would suggest that the supplies she stowed herself with be checked thoroughly, carefully and with the aid of magic and jade to be certain there is no contamination. Much as it pains me to say it, Nanzi has the right of it to be cautious." A low growl rumbled in her throat. "If it is truly a child and truly harmless, put a necklace of jade on her and keep her well away from the fighting. Saving her is a small light in the darkness. But put jade on her regardless and make sure she is a child."

"I helped put an end to the skinriders myself, alongside Sora and Koyama. They're very real. They literally skinned our guards and put their skin on, able to pose as if they were those people for days before we found them and slaughtered all of those green skinned bastards. Be extremely careful about this girl until you are one-hundred percent certain."

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:11 pm

Ninube sighed and then smiled. "Of course, you would be one of the ones to catch the creatures. Make sure Bayushi knows about that." She looked down. "Yeah. The little girl was some sort of monster. Dunno if it was the same kind. I mean, we had no children with us, so who would it have skinned. It was clever. It prayed upon our fondness for children."

Ninube pulled out one of her jade pieces and held it up as looked back to Phi and spoke. "Luckily, I have two. I offered one, and the creature pulled out something that looked similar, but not quite like jade. The creature claimed it was from her mother." She smiled. "But I was a poor starving child. You don't turn away free stuff. I could see through her lies and show even if some of others couldn't. She then asked for Kinsen's bracelet that was jade set, but didn't let the jade touch the skin. That's when Nanzi drew his sword and the creature fled at incredible speed to the jungle. I tried to track her, but couldn't after a little ways."

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:19 pm

"Don't think so. We tortured the hell out of one of them before it died. There were four, and we killed all of them. Burned the bodies. Might be a different one, but ... I'd bet you good money if I had it that it's another kind of monster. Like you said. Pray on our compassion." A shake of her head, a firm one and she grunted. "Nothing here is safe. Nothing here is friendly. From here on, assume the worst unless you can prove absolutely it's not true. Check jade every day." And saying that, she reached in, pulled her finger out and held it in her hand right where Ninube could see before taking the tip and touching her tongue to it. Not sanitary, but... it made the point as she slipped it back inside.

"And watch your jade. Rats said it'd go black slowly as we get in the real darkness. If it does, you'll know we're there, and it will only last so long." She listened to the rest and grunted. "Clever little monster. We'll have to watch for her. You have a good eye. Keep it ready." No, seriously she might have missed that the girl hadn't touched the jade on Kinsen's bracelet just the bracelet.

"Since we're on the subject..." She held her arm out, one of two pure jade bracelets on it. The other she'd be giving away later. "Touch it. It's not serpentine."

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:41 am

She touched the jade and held her own out. "I know it's you, Phi, but the creature had its own fake jade. We should get used to touching other people's jade." It seemed overly paranoid after Phi licked her own jade, but.... well, she assumed Phi would understand.

"Well, in a way, I lucked out. The story the girl told was similar to my own. So, I was able to see how she didn't act quite right. Even then, I probably would have bought the story if Nanzi didn't show up told us your story."

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:06 am

She reached out and took hold of the jade without hesitation before letting go and nodding. No sizzle, no burn. "You will never hear me complain of the test of jade right now. If anything, that will be a sign something is very wrong, if I do not wish to touch your jade." She could think of a few reasons, but they involved Ninube being corrupted herself. "We should test each other at each meeting, until we are away from this place. Trust Phi, but do not trust that I am her until you are certain."

Words she knew to live by, but here words she could put into practice.

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:24 am

Ninube smiles. "Great. I guess that is the same for everyone." She shakes her head. Nasty business that. "Well, shall we begin? Do you want to show me the bow first, or learn a little... uh... light fingers?"

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:36 pm

"I certainly don't need to show you how to stay stealthy, but let's start with the bow. Your skills will be damned good to know but where we're going?" The bow had an immediate purpose. She drew hers out and held it while taking the chord to string it up, demonstrating while she did. "Tell me. Have you fired before much?"

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:47 pm

"Never. It seemed like a waste to steal a bow. Then, I would keep having to steal the arrows." She holds out a blowgun. "I did have this. It's effective with.... some stuff added to it."

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:03 pm

"A useful tool if you're needing to go underwater," Phi agreed. She had one tucked away somewhere. "And if you can work on your breathing, you can do a little bit of actual damage with the thing, just in case you're dealing with an armored target. That might be a good example of something I could try hiding up my sleeve later."

She showed her exactly how to string it, going through the motions carefully so that it would be easier to duplicate. "Tricks like that... if you add the right crap? You can take someone down if they don't expect it, but a bow's got much better range, and that can matter a lot out here." Further range meant no bog hag green claws on her body after all.

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:33 am

"Oh. Trust me. I get the advantages." Ninube made the same motions with hands as she watched Ninube. "OK. I think I can do that. Is there any special I need to do when shooting?"

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:42 am

"The first time you draw the bow, you're liable to cut your fingers," she warned her. "You're putting enough pressure for this to act like it's launching a small spear. It will cut. It will grind and smart. By the time that you get used to it, you're going to have callouses where you shoot from." She took an arrow out, one of the ones that she'd fletched recently to make sure her stock held and drew it, showig the stance.

"Don't hold too long. Arm strain. Draw. Fire or the center of mass. Quick. Rapid. Too much time and it mars the shot." No 'arrow knows the way' Just rudimentary hip-shot firing.

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:21 am

Ninube pays attention. "I should probably wait to practice in depth. I need my fingers fresh." She still makes the motions with her hands that Phi making. Letting her body learn.

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:29 am

"Strips of cloth are for pansies... and beginners who want their fingers fresh," she said, pointing to the knuckles and joints in question. "You'll have poor control with that, but it'll teach you the motions without the bite. You can build your callouses when you're back from this hellish place, though if you get good enough, you might have a chance to take a few shots while we're here. The more firing, the better the odds of pin-cushioning some ugly bastard."

She might never put them on her fingers, but given the situation...

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:05 am

"Eh. I'm fine with being a pansy. I always preferred people to think I'm less dangerous anyways." She somehow doubted that Phi would. She then taped up her fingers. "This look good enough?"

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:30 pm

She looked it over and nodded after a second. "Like I said, it'll make it a little harder to control, and your fingers will feel stiff, but you'll be able to without cutting them on the bowstring. That should do." She offered her the bow and one of the arrows, giving her a chance. "Try and draw it all the way back, the way I just did."

Return to “The Jungle”