[D9, LA] So You've Been Slapped by an Ooze-demon?

Doji Kaze

[D9, LA] So You've Been Slapped by an Ooze-demon?

Post by Doji Kaze » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:12 am

Kaze came back to camp leaning slightly on his spear and sporting an ugly-looking welt across his jaw and down his neck. There was a greenish tint to it, and one could be forgiven for thinking that it was not a successful look.

He made his way to the supply wagon in hopes that someone there might know where to find a healer.
* Crane Clan * ex-Chinsei * Very, Very Quiet * Reformed Wild Man of the Woods * In Love With Words *

Equipment: Yari, Nage-yari, Yumi, Ashiguru armor, some rope, a jade pendant, and a shovel.

Hanzou

Re: [D9, LA] So You've Been Slapped by an Ooze-demon?

Post by Hanzou » Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:17 am

Hanzou was there having a late lunch. He looked up to see the Crane and dropped his bowl.

"What happened?" he asked as he got up and moved closer.
Stranger ~ Shugenja ~ Water ~ Archer ~ Hunter ~ Healer ~ Spirit Talker ~ Small ~ Wary ~ Ennui
Glory 2 ~ Reputation 4 ~ Status 1

Carries: Yumi, Arrows, Aiguchi, Lantern, Water, Medicine Kit, Jade (4/7)

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:53 pm

Following behind was another, holding his left arm. He seemed otherwise uninjured, but did hope a healer would eventually be able to see him.
Kyosei of the Isawa Tribe
Shugenja • Earth • Experienced • Jade

Glory 2 • Reputation 4 • Status 1
Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.
When out in the area outside the camps, Axe, shovel, bo staff.

Jin

Post by Jin » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:06 pm

With Hanzou approaching the Crane Jin moved to Kyosei. Recognizing the wounds he pulls out his medical kit to apply salve and begin bandaging. He grunts, annoyed, as the blood continues to seep through.

"Well that new knife of yours does it job well it seems, too well."

Drawing his, iron, blade he cuts his own arm. Like a strange mirror reaction as his flesh parts that of the Isawa begins to knit together.

"What did you encounter that required that much blood?"

(9 healed)
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:11 pm

"In a cave, natural, not carv'd, und' the waterfall. An ooze bein'. Jade strike worked, but when ah tried to call fer more potent Jade 'bilities, I o'erstepped, and the earth spirits dinn't answer." Kyosei's voice is low, and the accent is very much that of a common worker, not his usual careful dictation.

He sighs in relief as his arm mostly closes up, leaving little more than the amount Jin had opened his, fully mirroring the pair in that way. "My thanks. Have to check later - if we really killed that spirit, or now. Nor. Not. Ah, still tired."

small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Jin

Post by Jin » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:13 pm

The healer was concerned hearing the change in speech though somewhat relieved as his patient returned more towards what he knew of him as the magic took hold.

"Was it only the casting or did you take other wounds as well?"
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:39 pm

"The fighters rushed it, and I stayed back. I'm more worried about that one there." He pointed at the first one to enter the clearing. "I've seen wounds go green before, but only when it was left untreated too long. That happened in less than 20 heartbeats."

His voice was once again back to normal.

Jin

Post by Jin » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:01 pm

"Bruising could set in that fast I suppose or some poisons can color the skin. If it is the latter I do have rituals that can aid in fighting them off." He looks over to the other duo, "How does he fair, Hanzou?"

Description

Doji Kaze

Post by Doji Kaze » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:27 pm

Hanzou wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:17 am
Hanzou was there having a late lunch. He looked up to see the Crane and dropped his bowl.

"What happened?" he asked as he got up and moved closer.
"We fought a...thing. With tentacles. I was struck quite solidly."

[23 wounds]
* Crane Clan * ex-Chinsei * Very, Very Quiet * Reformed Wild Man of the Woods * In Love With Words *

Equipment: Yari, Nage-yari, Yumi, Ashiguru armor, some rope, a jade pendant, and a shovel.

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:37 pm

Hanzou had been carefully tending to the welt Kaze had gained, cleaning the area and applying ointment.

"Do you have any more wounds?"

- - -
[D9, LA] So You've Been Slapped by an Ooze-demon?, Tending to Kaze, Medicine/Intelligence, 2 CR for +2k0, TN 25, VP for +1k1: 6d10o10k4 40

[D9, LA] So You've Been Slapped by an Ooze-demon?, Tending to Kaze, Wounds Treated, +2k0 from Raises: 3d10o10k1 12
Stranger ~ Shugenja ~ Water ~ Archer ~ Hunter ~ Healer ~ Spirit Talker ~ Small ~ Wary ~ Ennui

Doji Kaze

Post by Doji Kaze » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:26 pm

Kaze shook his head. "Ie, Hanzou-sama. I tend to get hit only once, but quite seriously. Perhaps the Fortunes are telling me something." He bowed deeply. "Thank you for your assistance to me."

[11 wounds left].

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:18 pm

"Allow me to ask the keess water spirits to help you further."

He drew his knife and slashed his palm before whispering to the water kami. They were quick to heal the man further.

"Tentacles? Where was this? Is there shickt danger to the camp?"

- - -
[D9, LA] So You've Been Slapped by an Ooze-demon?, Tending to Kaze, Casting Path to Inner Peace, TN 10, Affinity, Dutiful Disciple, 1 wound taken: 7d10o10k3 26

16 healed

Doji Kaze

Post by Doji Kaze » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:03 am

"Not anymore. Shinjo-sama, Nanzi-sama, and the Isawa handled the beast quiet handily. There is a cave in the jungle where we found it, but...well, I wouldn't recommend visiting."

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:07 am

"That's good." he nodded, thinking about the threats the group had already faced.

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:16 am

Kyosei nodded. He looked at the wound carefully, seeing if the green had gotten better, or gone away.

"We defeated it, but from what the Earth spirits told me, it wouldn't be complete - just for a time, or something like that."

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:37 am

"That's worrisome." he sighed. "I'm prepared to fight whatever threat we may face, but trissst I'm wondering how helpful my arrows and rituals will be."

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:42 am

"My rituals seemed to do the most damage; at least I think so. It screamed when I hit it, but only sort of hissed when regular weapons did." Kyosei thinks over the events in his mind. "Though, one of the fighters did something with his weapon at one point, and it really didn't like the next hit. Not sure what he did, though."

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:53 am

"I can ask the air or water spirits to push a threat away or the earth spirits weigh them down, whisst but it's my arrows that I've relied on in the past." he explained.

Jin

Post by Jin » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:15 am

"The nezumi have said that some of the dangers are corrupt spirits, not flesh, and that regular weapons have minimal effect. Only jade, magic, or special weapons that they called 'shiney' could harm them properly. It sounds like maybe this beast was somewhere between the two. Still able to be harmed by iron and stone but not fully."

Description

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:55 am

"Jin, though I hadn't thought it, we may have to teach the others able to use rituals, how to cast the green beam. The, uh, jade light. If they don't know it, they might fall, unable to do damage."

Return to “The Supply Wagon”