Double Checking the Stores (D9, EM, Open)

Jin

Double Checking the Stores (D9, EM, Open)

Post by Jin » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:46 am

Having been made aware of the sabotage of their foodstores Jin had done his best to check them as they traveled and discard anything clearly befouled or diseased. But doing so while on the march was hardly and easy task to do thoroughly and he was not yet certain things were clear. As such the morning light found him rummaging through with utmost care and inspecting everything thoroughly calling on the aid of the spirits to help guide him.

There was almost no chance any disease vector, no matter how obscure or slow acting, would escape him.

(Casting Reversal of Fortunes for reroll, taking highest, Medicine = 58)
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Bakuriel

Re: Double Checking the Stores (D9, EM, Open)

Post by Bakuriel » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:57 am

[Jin successfully purges any remaining trace of disease from the supplies, resulting in a loss of two week's worth of food for two individuals. A significant but far from crippling loss.]
I am the GM that posts while you're at work, I am the plot line that freezes before day change, I am... The Underbirb!

Jin Mizuku

Post by Jin Mizuku » Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:40 am

Mizuku saw Master Jin looking at all the food and came closer.
"Jin-sama, what are we doing?" She said with a smile.
Jin Muzuku - "Bring them here, I'll heal em' "

Ki-Rin * Shugenja * Jin Family * Status 1 * Glory 2 * Reputation 1

Don't mind Faru, he's my loyal pet falcon

Jin

Post by Jin » Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:52 am

Jin pauses in his work and, very carefully so as not to touch any part that has come in contact with the tainted food, uses a sleeve to wipe his brow.

"It seems we have had saboteurs. Minions of darkness who sought to sow sickness among us to thwart, or at least slow, our journey. Thankfully they were caught and dealt with and I am just working now to make sure any tainted food is destroyed."
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Jin Mizuku

Post by Jin Mizuku » Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:27 pm

"That's awful, did you need any help?" Mizuku had been kept busy the last few days, and hadn't caught up on all the "camp news" per say.

"I've been tending to the live stock for that last few days, had little time between that and marching. I guess I should not be surprised. The closer we get I suppose the more on guard we need be"

Jin

Post by Jin » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:54 pm

"I think I found all that was befouled. I could use a hand moving it far from camp. Just be certain to clean thoroughly after." He gestures towards the small mound of food, "Do be careful especially of being alone or with only one person. The creatures that did this could steal the skins of others to disguise themselves. Koyama and Sora are confident that all of them were caught and destroyed who had already infiltrated but others might make the attempt."

Description

Jin Mizuku

Post by Jin Mizuku » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:58 pm

Mizuku looked up startled "So then... Should I trust you?"

Jin

Post by Jin » Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:37 pm

"While leading you out of camp under the pretense of disposing of this would make sense, were I such a being, warning you about their existence before hand really would not." He offers a slight smile, "I believe they take our forms to sow such distrust and division among us. Be cautious, but do not let that caution turn to paranoia."

Description

Jin Mizuku

Post by Jin Mizuku » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:50 am

Mizuku nodded. She helped pack up the bad food, being careful to not let any of it touch her skin.

Jin

Post by Jin » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:29 am

Jin joins her as best he can with one arm, not leaving all the work to his pupil, "You are still adamant about going all the way with this journey I take it?"

Description

Jin Mizuku

Post by Jin Mizuku » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:31 pm

"Even if I were phased, which I am not, it would be far too late now. Besides, we've come this far, I need to continue to push forward" Mizuku looked determined.

Return to “The Supply Wagon”