[Day 9, LN] Stars (Open)

Togashi Nadare

[Day 9, LN] Stars (Open)

Post by Togashi Nadare » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:23 am

As the sounds of the jungle continued unabated Nadare took his watch duties seriously. It seemed to him that the best place to keep watch on the caravan was... well on the caravan. So there he sat, cross-legged atop one of the crates.

He breathed in. He breathed out. Occasionally an insect landed on him and he studied the feeling of its legs upon his skin. None of them were familiar, they were so far from the mountains of his home. Yet each little creature had its place, and he could understand that.

As the night moved on he watched the flickering constellations, or what was visible of them between gaps in the canopy. As he waited for something unusual to happen he wondered what Togashi would make of all this.
Dragon ClanEarthTattooed • Herbalist • Sane • Enlightened
Samurai Without Borders (Co-founder)
Tattoos: Lion (Chest); Balance (Back)
Equipment: Yumi, knife, sturdy clothing, travel pack.

Seppun Chisei

Re: [Day 9, LN] Stars (Open)

Post by Seppun Chisei » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:02 am

Chisei wasn't taking a watch. But, finding himself restless, he decided to go for a walk. Very gently indeed, he disentangled himself from his wife, and crept from the tent. Not silently, but enough to not wake someone accustomed to his presence.

For a little while stood outside the tent, just breathing in and out, trying to let the cool air of the night still his thoughts. But he always preferred walking. And so he did, back towards the caravan.

There was enough light to spot the man seated atop the caravan. Chisei frowned up at him curiously. "Good evening." He said, his tone polite. "My apologies, but while I'm certain I recognize you, I can't quite make out your features in this light. I'm Seppun Chisei." He added helpfully.
Seppun * Former Isawa * Shugenja * Philosopher * Husbando
Carries: Scroll case, scrolls. Jade.

Togashi Nadare

Post by Togashi Nadare » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:03 pm

A firefly flickered in the canopy. Soon there were many casting their lights around. Nadare looked over towards the friendly voice.

"Well met Seppun Chisei, of the Clan of the Stag. We have not been properly introduced, but I am Togashi Nadare." He paused for a few moments. "The one with the tattoos."

There was an inaudible smirk before he adjusted his position to view Chisei more easily. "I remember you. You also came to aid the wounded after the bandit attack."

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:42 pm

"Ah, yes." Chisei said. "I remember you. You treated that large fellow with all the injuries. Quite well, too, as I recall."

He tilted his head, looking up at the man. "I remember wanting to ask you where you learned such skills." He smiled. "Now, I find myself first wanting to know what you're doing up there."

Togashi Nadare

Post by Togashi Nadare » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:40 pm

Nadare's smile could be felt as much as it could be seen. "Correct. And good questions friend Stag." He leaned in a little closer. A few deep breaths of the night air were taken.

It was hard to make out but the tattoo upon his chest appeared to be in a low crouch, waiting to pounce. Perhaps it was a trick of the light?

"Sitting. Waiting. Watching." He ran one hand through his spiky hair. "Perhaps simply existing. Does that answer your question?"

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:08 am

"No." Chisei smiled. "And yes. Or perhaps that should be yes, and no. I think it works out the same either way."

Chisei gestured with one hand. "May I join you? Perhaps we can exist in some proximity to each other."

Togashi Nadare

Post by Togashi Nadare » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:40 pm

Nadare reached out to clasp Chisei's hand. "Come friendly Stag. Let us see what we can see."

Once Chisei had found himself a seat the Togashi gave him a long look. "So. Did you still wish to ask me about medicine, or have circumstances led you to other questions?"

A firefly flew down and started its dance a few feet from them.

Return to “The Supply Wagon”