Stow away (LM OPEN)

Ninube

Re: Stow away (LM OPEN)

Post by Ninube » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:11 am

"It is alright Mizuki. Nanzi is trying to protect us all. He just wants to make sure you are not anything scary. Trust us." Ninube patted her on the head. "I remember when I was your age, I snuck into a caravan. There was far less talk and much chasing with weapons. If he wanted to hurt you, he would have. He just wants to make sure we're all safe. So take my jade. I have an extra. It will keep you safe and help show Nanzi you're not anything scary."
Spider Clan * "Scout" * Unloved By Her Ancestors

Items: Bronze Sword * Jade * Ashigaru Armor (when scouting and such) * Mask (when scouting and such) * Lucky Cricket in Cage (during down time)

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:13 am

Mizuki reaches into her pocket and holds out a small green rock toward the woman "Is..is that like this stuff? My mom said it was special rock to keep the monsters away." she paused, the girl looked frightened and whatever Kinsen had done earlier to soothe her was rapidly fading as her eyes grew wet again "but it didn't stop the monsters from taking them." her voice was quiet.

The rock she holds is green of a similar shade but is not as fine or polioshed as the fingers of jade or the jade jewlery they got from the Nezumi.
Assistant to the GM - Panda - Occasionally wise - Often Capricious

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:21 am

Kinsen got some jewelry with the Nezumi. She was wearing at her wrist. She also had a jade necklace Hantei had given her a couple of days ago. Those were the visible protections at least. She looks at Nanzi, trying to make him back off for a while with her eyes. "Please, Nanzi-sama."

Looking back a the child, she says. "Mizuki-chan. I am happy your mom gave you that rock, but... maybe... that one isn't the right one. Would you take Ninube-san's in your hand for me?"

--
Courtier/Awareness +Benten + VP for Skill: 3d10o10k3 25
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:41 am

In this Nanzi did not relent until they had satisfied his terms as he stayed focused on the child.
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace
Supporting Staff: Doji Jigutsuji, Nanzi Jongwun, Raven on shoulder

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:49 am

Ryoko watched the exchange silently, events having swept past her.

Sitting on the edge of the supply wagon, she watched, quietly, just another spectator to events.

It wasn't like she had any better answers.
Takemori :: Master of Ceremonies :: Voice :: Horned Girl :: Music Lover :: Jealous
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Dai-Tsuchi, Morin Khuuru, Jade-Flower Glove, Tago the drummer.
Profile :: Themes

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:29 pm

The tears fell from Mizuki's eyes and she shook her head "No my momma wouldn't lie to me! I've seen it it works! it works!" she clutched the green rock tightly and clutched it to her chest "Yours isn't better just cause its shinier!" the emotion filled her voice with a childlike sincerity.

---------------------
Mizuki it is jade! Sincerity/awareness: 7d10o10k4 30

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:49 pm

What sort of thief would not take free stuff? Ninube was not convinced and now suspicious. "We are not trying to take your mom's jade. We are giving you extra. Take it. It's yours." Ninube tries to make sure the girl only hears concern for her in Ninube's face regardless of what Ninube is feeling right now. While maintaining a friendly facade, she watched the girl carefully.

Items: Bronze Sword * Jade * Ashigaru Armor (when scouting and such) * Mask (when scouting and such) * Lucky Cricket in Cage (during down time)

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:51 pm

Nanzi frowned listening to the story and it did look like jade but Ninube’s insistence only made him more… alert. The Spider had a penchant for the mystical and she must have seen something he did not and so he did not relent.

He was a father and this was not easy but if this evil was willing to play on their sympathies then they would have to be extra vigilant.

OOC: Investigation: 3d10o10k2 21
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:32 pm

At some point in the not too distant past, Ryoko had snagged a bit of dried rations for breakfast and slipped away, remembering she had somewhere she was supposed to be. She was confident the various important people could resolve the issue.

/exit for the sake of the time ninjas
Takemori :: Master of Ceremonies :: Voice :: Horned Girl :: Music Lover :: Jealous
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Dai-Tsuchi, Morin Khuuru, Jade-Flower Glove, Tago the drummer.
Profile :: Themes

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:52 pm

Tyrus wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:29 pm
The tears fell from Mizuki's eyes and she shook her head "No my momma wouldn't lie to me! I've seen it it works! it works!" she clutched the green rock tightly and clutched it to her chest "Yours isn't better just cause its shinier!" the emotion filled her voice with a childlike sincerity.

---------------------
Mizuki it is jade! Sincerity/awareness: 7d10o10k4 30
Kinsen nods to the small child and sighs. She was convincing enough, after all. Her worries move away while she keeps on cooking. "Extra jade is indeed a good thing. Specially for a little child. Quick, get what Ninube-san is offering you or take the extra I have here. Also, get a bowl and some chopsticks since food is nearly ready."
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
TN to be recognized is 0

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:12 pm

Nanzi was hungry, but he stayed his hand, as he looked at the food and then back to the "girl".

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:00 pm

Miuna was visibly upset. Reading the girl's body langauge, the young girl certainly believed that the stone she carried was Jade. She sighed. They were all pushing the girl and it was causing her to feel corndered. She felt pity for the small, frightened child. And annoyance at the others for not resolving this more quickly. She had looked to Kinsen, that she might intervene, but it didn't seem like she would now. Her stomach rumbled at the smells of Kinsen's cooking. Surely it was audible, but still, she did not move. Aono wouldn't be able to eat either until all of this nonsense was settled.
Ki-Rin • Blessed by Tengoku • Dangerous Beauty • Deaf • Feisty
• Shugenja • Small • Soft-hearted

Miuna | Aono | Description

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:35 am

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:52 pm
Kinsen nods to the small child and sighs. She was convincing enough, after all. Her worries move away while she keeps on cooking. "Extra jade is indeed a good thing. Specially for a little child. Quick, get what Ninube-san is offering you or take the extra I have here. Also, get a bowl and some chopsticks since food is nearly ready."
Mizuki moves to Kinsen rewaching up she touches the bracelet set with jade "can I.......can I have this one...?" she asks meekly "its really pretty...."

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:59 am

"Then Kinsen won't have jade. Here. Take mine." She offers one last time before she takes action.

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:15 am

Mizuki looked more afraid and confused "But...but she just said I could have it?"

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:19 am

Nanzi drew his blade with lightning speed and said, “Kinsen back away from this creature… Right. Now.”

“No one let this thing escape.”

OOC: Perception roll made to GM using Iaijutsu 3 for sword draw.

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:26 am

Ninube drops her spare jade at the girls foot and backs up with her hand on her sword. "Please pick it up and touch it to your face, so we can get this over with." A mixture of sadness and anger filled her eyes. She hated that it came to this whether child was a monster or not.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:29 am

"Of course, sweetie." She smiles while unbinding the bracelet to give it to Misuki with both hands. "I got these from the nice rat-peopl--"

Her eyes widen at Nanzi as he draws his blade at the girl.

TN to be recognized is 0

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:49 am

Mizuki's eyes go wide at the bared steel "No no no no no no, you are bad ones! I was right to hide!" she shouted before sprinting off using the confusion made by the sudden shouting and drawn weapons to disappear into the dense jungle.

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:01 am

Miuna stiffened, not understanding what was happening because so many people were talking and moving at once. Suddenly swords were being drawn and the young girl was fleeing into the jungle. What in the world? She looked around at everyone, disgust evident in her features as she signed, "Congratulations. You've all handled that brilliantly." After a string of hand-made expletives, she dropped her fists to her sides, where they remained clenched as she tried to decide if she was going to dash into the jungle after her. Taking a breath, a second, and she calmed herself. She wouldn't be able to sense potential predators if she ran off into the jungle, but surely someone needed to fetch the girl. Right? Or had she missed something important?

Aono certainly would not translate what her sister was saying. "That... could have gone... better..." she offered instead. "What shall we do, now?"
Ki-Rin • Blessed by Tengoku • Dangerous Beauty • Deaf • Feisty
• Shugenja • Small • Soft-hearted

Miuna | Aono | Description

Return to “The Supply Wagon”