Idolizing (D9, LA. Open)

Jiyo Ayumu

Re: Idolizing (D9, LA. Open)

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:18 am

"Well, maybe it's not about what they can do, but more about what they want to do. There's a symbolism to go physically before one.

Divinity is a complex thing. I'm not sure us mortals are made to fully understand it, even if we may have glimpses of enlightenment."
Imperial | Former Isawa | Bushi | Artisan | Skeletal
Outfit in camp: No weapon, no trinket (D1-D7), jade (D9+) | On patrol: Light armor, yari, bronze sword, yumi + quiver
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Reputation: What Is Expected | Description

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:50 am

"It's good to see you again, Phi," Saruko nodded to the red-eyed woman and gave a friendly smile.

"Sometimes, the important part of prayer isn't nescessarily that it's heard. I'm sure you can still give prayers to Bayushi-Kami, even if he can't hear them now, if it gives you strength."

And who knew, maybe the Kami would be able to hear it in time.
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:19 am

"It's complex alright," she grunted, settling down and looking over at Ebisu to see if the statue was still in need of painting. If so, as long as nobody complained, she would begin to apply the base coat to it. No, she wasn't great, but she was at least doing a workman quality of painting in the midst of the others. They would need many hands to finish this in a timely fashion.

"I have never thought of it in those terms. Perhaps I gain something for speaking to him nightly. But I do prefer to rely upon my own strength." Even if this place was testing that resolve a lot.
Disciple of Shinsei * Experienced Phi * Disturbing Countenance * Former Rappa
Status - 1.0, Reputation - "What is Expected," Glory - 2.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:15 pm

"There is a strength in being able to fend for yourself. But there is also a strength into accepting to be but a part of a greater whole.

Look at the statue you are holding at the moment for example. It was made by Shinsei, and I'm sure he could have painted it himself had he wanted to. But he left it bare. Don't you think he was trying to send a message there?"
Imperial | Former Isawa | Bushi | Artisan | Skeletal
Outfit in camp: No weapon, no trinket (D1-D7), jade (D9+) | On patrol: Light armor, yari, bronze sword, yumi + quiver
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Reputation: What Is Expected | Description

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:00 pm

Wait. Shinsei made this? What is he, able to do everything?!? And why did I automatically pick up the one that he...

GET OUT OF MY HEAD, MONK!

There was a brief, complicated display of emotions and she set the statue down, looking at the other and then over at Ayumu. "Knowing the little teacher," she finally got out with a faintly dry tone. "He almost certainly meant to leave a message. It's rare that he isn't leaving one, I'm starting to find. Do you think, perhaps, that it should remain unpainted then?" She could hit up one of the others, after all, but her face was a little scarlet right then. Why had she reached for Shinsei's without thinking about it?
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:55 pm

Saruko watched Phi's reactions with an amused expression.

"There is often a meaning to what teacher Shinsei does. Sometimes it's clear, sometimes it's not. Why do you think he would leave it unpainted, when all the others are being painted?" she asked, her tone inquisitive and somehow... knowing.
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:23 am

Because he was banking on me coming here and painting the blo... no. He's not that devious. I'm here on my own.

"Knowing him... probably either to leave Ebisu looking humble, or to let someone else have the joy of painting, and he probably wouldn't judge either choice because he rarely judges anyone." Well, ok. He judged in that non-judgy way of his, but that was beside the point. He was always so infuriatingly accepting of so many things.

Ryoshun Mai

Post by Ryoshun Mai » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:21 am

Phi wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:27 pm
Snip
"Ryoshun Mai." She bowed low and smiled shyly.

A bit later when painting was discussed she offered, "if you choose to paint it Phi, I can try to hand you what you need and mix paints."

(Take my +1 to Painting!)
Ryoshun Family* Artisan * Cursed!
Status - 1.0, Reputation - What is Expected, Glory - 3.5
Wears/Carries:
Light Armor, Sturdy Clothing, tanto, yari, whetstone, Blacksmith's hammer, inherited carving knife, 8 shark teeth

Return to “The Camp”