[Day 9, LAte Afternoon] Trust is a Dangerous Game (Open)

Jiyo Sora

Re: [Day 9, LAte Afternoon] Trust is a Dangerous Game (Open)

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:46 am

Anjing Xia wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:45 am
She beams
"Perfect! Then it's not only an imperial project, it's a project from the heart."
She doesn't say anything but she does look away and mouth 'big softie'
"Only kind of project I undertake, Xia-san."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:57 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:46 am

"Only kind of project I undertake, Xia-san."
"That must be so nice. Everyone telling you to do things and you're all 'actually, I want to do this thing' and then everybody wins. Nobody tells you to go take a hike...I mean I actually like hiking, but that's not what he meant."
Crab • Seidou • Niece of the Daimyo • Surprisingly Literate • A Little Awkward
• Here To Help • Front Line Combatant • Recorder Of History

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:00 am

Anjing Xia wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:57 am
"That must be so nice. Everyone telling you to do things and you're all 'actually, I want to do this thing' and then everybody wins. Nobody tells you to go take a hike...I mean I actually like hiking, but that's not what he meant."
"It more or less sums up my relationship with the Emperor. He does not command me, as such- he offers me choices. And of course... anyone telling me to get lost is usually someone I'm supposed to kill, so...""
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:03 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:00 am
"It more or less sums up my relationship with the Emperor. He does not command me, as such- he offers me choices. And of course... anyone telling me to get lost is usually someone I'm supposed to kill, so...""
Xia laughs at what was definitely a joke...right? A...killer joke?
She laughs harder at her joke about jokes

"Well I'll be careful not to tell you to get lost then, not that I would, it would be rude."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:04 am

Anjing Xia wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:03 am
Xia laughs at what was definitely a joke...right? A...killer joke?
She laughs harder at her joke about jokes

"Well I'll be careful not to tell you to get lost then, not that I would, it would be rude."
"I think I could give you a pass anyway. World's more interesting with you in it, after all."

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:08 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:04 am
"I think I could give you a pass anyway. World's more interesting with you in it, after all."
"Well thank you for not killing me, I wouldn't want to kill you either. You have been very kind Sora-sama. Maybe all this distance from the nearest wall has brought out your best?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:11 am

Anjing Xia wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:08 am
"Well thank you for not killing me, I wouldn't want to kill you either. You have been very kind Sora-sama. Maybe all this distance from the nearest wall has brought out your best?"
"Nah. It's being around people who think."

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:14 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:11 am
"Nah. It's being around people who think."
Xia goes to elbow nudge him but quickly remembers it would be inappropriate, so her arm just sort of awkwardly flaps like a confused chicken.
"Well...thank you. Us thinkers have to stick together, being a minority and all."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:17 am

Anjing Xia wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:14 am
Xia goes to elbow nudge him but quickly remembers it would be inappropriate, so her arm just sort of awkwardly flaps like a confused chicken.
"Well...thank you. Us thinkers have to stick together, being a minority and all."
"Very much so. And in that vein... besides these flowers, have you noticed anything else that's odd in a specific sense, above and beyond this little patch of jungle paradise on the road to hell?"

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:20 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:17 am

"Very much so. And in that vein... besides these flowers, have you noticed anything else that's odd in a specific sense, above and beyond this little patch of jungle paradise on the road to hell?"
"Well" Leaning forward and whispering conspiratorially. "Where are the bad guys? The Nezumi said they'd been fighting them for years, and that all the fighting was to the south."
She gestures with both hands to the valley
"Well, we're south of the rats now, where are the bad guys? Either there aren't any bad guys, the bad guys are too scared to fight us, or, or they're here already."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:21 am

Anjing Xia wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:20 am
"Well" Leaning forward and whispering conspiratorially. "Where are the bad guys? The Nezumi said they'd been fighting them for years, and that all the fighting was to the south."
She gestures with both hands to the valley
"Well, we're south of the rats now, where are the bad guys? Either there aren't any bad guys, the bad guys are too scared to fight us, or, or they're here already."
"After those skinriders we killed the other night, I'm not sure what I trust at this point."

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:24 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:21 am

"After those skinriders we killed the other night, I'm not sure what I trust at this point."
"We need some kind of test! Something to prove we're not horrible demon creatures...um, we could try passwords?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:27 am

Anjing Xia wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:24 am
"We need some kind of test! Something to prove we're not horrible demon creatures...um, we could try passwords?"
"I'm not sure. The people those things were... wearing? Nobody noticed. I think they knew a lot of what their victims knew. I'd say we just make everyone touch jade, but..."

He frowned.

"If we had something that hurt the enemy but not us, it'd make this simple."

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:33 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:27 am

"I'm not sure. The people those things were... wearing? Nobody noticed. I think they knew a lot of what their victims knew. I'd say we just make everyone touch jade, but..."

He frowned.

"If we had something that hurt the enemy but not us, it'd make this simple."
"Maybe we could use the Nezumi? They have really good noses, they could probably sniff out someone wearing someone else's skin."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:33 am

Anjing Xia wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:33 am
"Maybe we could use the Nezumi? They have really good noses, they could probably sniff out someone wearing someone else's skin."
"We could ask, anyway."

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:36 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:33 am

"We could ask, anyway."
"I bet they'd be helpful! That or try to enslave us....I really only know two Nezumi behaviours at this point."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:39 am

Anjing Xia wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:36 am
"I bet they'd be helpful! That or try to enslave us....I really only know two Nezumi behaviours at this point."
He arched an eyebrow at her.

"The deal we cut with them takes the latter option off of the table."

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:40 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:39 am

He arched an eyebrow at her.

"The deal we cut with them takes the latter option off of the table."
"Only while they're weak, Sora-sama. When they're stronger again they'll do what they want, it's the way of things."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:43 am

Anjing Xia wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:40 am
"Only while they're weak, Sora-sama. When they're stronger again they'll do what they want, it's the way of things."
"Doesn't have to be, you know. If we pull this off.... the very real superiority they feel to us will be... dented."

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:46 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:43 am

"Doesn't have to be, you know. If we pull this off.... the very real superiority they feel to us will be... dented."
"Sora-sama, they're 7 foot tall and spent a lot of time tracking down the only taller creatures in the world, and then enslaving them. There are ratmen bigger than our gods, I think it will take a lot to make them respect us."

Return to “The Camp”