[Day 9, LAte Afternoon] Trust is a Dangerous Game (Open)

Jiyo Sora

Re: [Day 9, LAte Afternoon] Trust is a Dangerous Game (Open)

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:17 am

Anjing Xia wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:56 am
"Totally different, Hida is not quite so hairy. As for the library I did have a look through it. It was much larger than I thought it would be. So much knowledge....I think."
"Would you be interested in helping establish a library of our own in the Empire?"
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:26 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:17 am
"Would you be interested in helping establish a library of our own in the Empire?"
Xia's whole body freezes for a few long moments
"A real library? With as much collected knowledge as we can find? And then we'd encourage people to visit it and learn?"
Her tone is slightly suspicious, as if this is a trick people have played on her before.
Crab • Seidou • Niece of the Daimyo • Surprisingly Literate • A Little Awkward
• Here To Help • Front Line Combatant • Recorder Of History

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:07 pm

Anjing Xia wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:26 am
Xia's whole body freezes for a few long moments
"A real library? With as much collected knowledge as we can find? And then we'd encourage people to visit it and learn?"
Her tone is slightly suspicious, as if this is a trick people have played on her before.
"I spoke to Hantei on the subject, a place to gather the teachings of the Kami in one place, and to grow from there. A palace for the knowledge of the Empire. One to start with, in Imperial lands, but my long-term goal would be to have at least one in the territory of each Clan."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:02 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:07 pm

"I spoke to Hantei on the subject, a place to gather the teachings of the Kami in one place, and to grow from there. A palace for the knowledge of the Empire. One to start with, in Imperial lands, but my long-term goal would be to have at least one in the territory of each Clan."
Slow nodding, her body tingling all over
"And who would be best placed to run the library? Maybe Hantei-Kami himself? You, Sora-sama?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:33 pm

Anjing Xia wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:02 pm
Slow nodding, her body tingling all over
"And who would be best placed to run the library? Maybe Hantei-Kami himself? You, Sora-sama?"
"Well, Hantei has a lot more to deal with at present, and I have other responsibilities, so once it's built, it would need to be someone... young, because it will take time to complete. Enthusiastic about the job, because it's only going to be as good as the commitment of the person running it..."

He appeared to find something fasdcinating about a thread in his right sleeve.

"I don't suppose you'd know anyone who might be interested?"

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:42 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:33 pm
"Well, Hantei has a lot more to deal with at present, and I have other responsibilities, so once it's built, it would need to be someone... young, because it will take time to complete. Enthusiastic about the job, because it's only going to be as good as the commitment of the person running it..."

He appeared to find something fasdcinating about a thread in his right sleeve.

"I don't suppose you'd know anyone who might be interested?"
Now practically vibrating
"Well" Biting her lip "Seppun Chisei-san is very well read, doubltess he would do a good job." It looked like agony to say.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:45 pm

Anjing Xia wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:42 pm
Now practically vibrating
"Well" Biting her lip "Seppun Chisei-san is very well read, doubltess he would do a good job." It looked like agony to say.
"Ah, but isn't his marriage into the Stag a political one? I would need someone capable of relocating to Imperial lands without any needless entanglements."

A pause.

"And being an ardent correspondent would be a plus as well, as I expect that collecting the writings to be an ongoing process requiring regular contact with people in all corners of the Empire."

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:28 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:45 pm

"Ah, but isn't his marriage into the Stag a political one? I would need someone capable of relocating to Imperial lands without any needless entanglements."

A pause.

"And being an ardent correspondent would be a plus as well, as I expect that collecting the writings to be an ongoing process requiring regular contact with people in all corners of the Empire."
Xia looks around for a few moments, as if another candidate might drop out of the sky
"Weellllll you know, I'm not married to anyone, so you know, I might tick a box or two there. I...I wouldn't want to put myself first though."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:15 pm

Anjing Xia wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:28 pm
Xia looks around for a few moments, as if another candidate might drop out of the sky
"Weellllll you know, I'm not married to anyone, so you know, I might tick a box or two there. I...I wouldn't want to put myself first though."
Sora's tone was drier than a salt flat.

"I think you'll do, Xia-san. We just need to work on your assertiveness."

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:28 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:15 pm

Sora's tone was drier than a salt flat.

"I think you'll do, Xia-san. We just need to work on your assertiveness."
"I can be plenty assertive! Try telling me my um, um, my things are stupid. Then you'll see how fiery I can be!"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:19 am

Anjing Xia wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:28 pm
"I can be plenty assertive! Try telling me my um, um, my things are stupid. Then you'll see how fiery I can be!"
"And if your fellow Crab say you're a confused little bookworm, what do you fire back with?"

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:01 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:19 am

"And if your fellow Crab say you're a confused little bookworm, what do you fire back with?"
"That..I am taller than average!"
She nods happily, that'd show 'em.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:04 am

Anjing Xia wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:01 am
"That..I am taller than average!"
She nods happily, that'd show 'em.
".... Needs some work, but it's a start."

He grinned.

"I just hope you know what you're in for."

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:07 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:04 am

".... Needs some work, but it's a start."

He grinned.

"I just hope you know what you're in for."
"Oh I'm in for it! I am absolutely in for this. It would be a whole position with respect and me reading and when some Crab come by maybe...maybe I'll tell them I'm too busy to listen to them! Then we will see who is the busiest! Me! I shall be busiest!"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:10 am

Anjing Xia wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:07 am
"Oh I'm in for it! I am absolutely in for this. It would be a whole position with respect and me reading and when some Crab come by maybe...maybe I'll tell them I'm too busy to listen to them! Then we will see who is the busiest! Me! I shall be busiest!"
"And how's your talent for organization?"

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:13 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:10 am

"And how's your talent for organization?"
"At home I stack my clothing by the number of times I have worn it to ensure each piece is worn the exact same number of times and an optimal rotation is assured."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:22 am

Anjing Xia wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:13 am
"At home I stack my clothing by the number of times I have worn it to ensure each piece is worn the exact same number of times and an optimal rotation is assured."
Ah, complete madness. The woman is insane.

Perfect!

"I think we have a winner. The first task, when you get back to Crab lands... is to try and get Hida to spell out his philosophy in form that you can write down."

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:36 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:22 am

"I think we have a winner. The first task, when you get back to Crab lands... is to try and get Hida to spell out his philosophy in form that you can write down."
"The Tao of Hida?"
Unconsciously rolling her shoulders
"I'm up to the task, Sora-sama. I'll just tell him it's for the emperor......it is for the emperor, right?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:39 am

Anjing Xia wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:36 am
"The Tao of Hida?"
Unconsciously rolling her shoulders
"I'm up to the task, Sora-sama. I'll just tell him it's for the emperor......it is for the emperor, right?"
"It is absolutely for the Emperor. Shiba loves knowledge. It's... the project is my effort, in some tiny way, to repay him for the trust he has given me."

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:45 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:39 am

"It is absolutely for the Emperor. Shiba loves knowledge. It's... the project is my effort, in some tiny way, to repay him for the trust he has given me."
She beams
"Perfect! Then it's not only an imperial project, it's a project from the heart."
She doesn't say anything but she does look away and mouth 'big softie'

Return to “The Camp”