Rock on, Reiko (EE, D9, Outside Reiko's Tent)

Ongaku no Ryoko

Rock on, Reiko (EE, D9, Outside Reiko's Tent)

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:52 am

Ryoko settled in to a spot in camp, that seemed to be at least somewhat populated, and where some folks were gathering.

Her happiness at the camp being so pretty was still with her, and her good spirits left her with a desire to play. After all, if this was the calm before the storm, why not boost morale as much as she could?

Resting her instrument between her knees, she took the bow, running wax along the string, and then glancing over at Tago, who had accompanied her, smiled widely.

"Let's get the blood moving, Tago."

Setting bow to strings, she began to play, Tago beating out a pounding tempo to accompany her, and then she broke into song, a raw, powerful performance, the raw beat of the drums meshing with her aggressive, sharp melody off the morin khuuru, and her roaring alto voice. She hadn't yet quite gotten a hang of the changes, however, and halfway through the song, a gust of wind rushed around her left horn, and without warning her voice seemed to be pulled out from her throat, throwing the sound across the camp with a strange echo, which so startled her that she stopped midway through, only the Morin Khuuru continuing while she tried to process what had happened.

As the song came to an end, she sat in silence for a moment, Tago giving her a curious look, while Ryoko simply blushed red with confusion and embarrassment.

---

Singing: Glorious failure: https://orokos.com/roll/811197
Morin Khuuru: 2 raises success: https://orokos.com/roll/811199
Tago Drums: 1 raise: https://orokos.com/roll/811200
Takemori :: Master of Ceremonies :: Voice :: Horned Girl :: Music Lover :: Jealous
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Dai-Tsuchi, Morin Khuuru, Jade-Flower Glove, Tago the drummer.
Profile :: Themes

Reiko

Re: Rock on, Reiko (EE, D9, Outside Reiko's Tent)

Post by Reiko » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:09 am

The tent that had been blessed (was blessed the right word?) to be closest was the tent of Reiko, who had been doing some writing. The banging of the drums almost caused her to knock over her calligraphy kit in surprise!

She moved to the entrance, watching out with squinting eyes as she tried to work out who or what was playing. It wasn't someone she had recognized, although she knew the instruments in use. Many in the Isawa tribe called them primitive instruments, which to the vastly superior Isawa they were, but Reiko hated the phrasing.

So, as the performance came to an end, the woman and her merry band received some polite applause from a well-dressed woman, a smile on her face.

"Thank you for your performance" she bowed.
Spider Clan * Temporary Clan Champion * Reiko family Daimyo * Former Isawa Tribe * Shugenja * Prophet * Bride of Fu Leng * Fire * Bad (blood?) Eyesight * Well Educated * Experienced * Kami Speak * profile
Equipment: Diviner sticks, Yari and Ashigaru armour(when allowed), Walking Stick (bo), Jade, writing tools

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:39 am

Ryoko, very red, muttered, "Thank you. Normally I don't... well... thanks."

Setting the long necked instrument aside, she glanced at the woman, she'd been the one in the library a few days ago...

"I'm Ongaku no Ryoko, of the Takemori tribe. This is Tago. I'm glad you were able to enjoy it, even with my failure."
Takemori :: Master of Ceremonies :: Voice :: Horned Girl :: Music Lover :: Jealous
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Dai-Tsuchi, Morin Khuuru, Jade-Flower Glove, Tago the drummer.

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:20 am

Reiko, who couldn't see the woman well, smiled and nodded.

"It's lovely to meet you Ryoko-san, Tago-san. I am Reiko of the Spider clan."

She shook her head.

"Don't think of it as a failure, as it wasn't. Even if it wasn't the best performance you could do, you have still brought the social arts to a place where darkness hangs, and that's a wonderful thing. Take this as practice, to inspire you on your next performance?"
Spider Clan * Temporary Clan Champion * Reiko family Daimyo * Former Isawa Tribe * Shugenja * Prophet * Bride of Fu Leng * Fire * Bad (blood?) Eyesight * Well Educated * Experienced * Kami Speak * profile
Equipment: Diviner sticks, Yari and Ashigaru armour(when allowed), Walking Stick (bo), Jade, writing tools

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:32 am

"I will do so. I thank you for your understanding."

With a smile, she glanced at the woman, and then added, "I think I have heard... you are the chief of the Spider?"

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:42 am

"The term for clans is champion, which is a position held for the founders of the clan. Chief would also be another way of saying it" Reiko nodded "although I assure you I am a normal woman, nothing special."

She smiled, motioning over to where she was.

"Would you care to join me? I was only reading, and company is always nice."

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:35 am

"If it does not bother you, I would be glad to meet you, Miss Reiko."

Ryoko moved over to where she was sitting, taking the offered seat. "What were you reading? Is it interesting?"

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:38 am

"I find it quite interesting. It was my own journal" Reiko showed Ryoko the very well-written papers she had with her - actual writing, not drawings - and smiled "ever since my vision of the stars falling, I've noted down everything that has happened. It has been a long five years to finally get to this moment, and I want to make sure everything is documented."

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:25 am

"Oh?"

Ryoko was intrigued. "I got my first lesson today. Some day, maybe I can read your journals."

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:15 pm

"You're learning to read? That's wonderful! Who is teaching you?" Reiko asked, curious.

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:06 pm

"The Jiyo, Sora and Ayumu."

Ryoko beamed. "I learned to make a picture for my name today!"

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:14 am

"Sora-san, neh? That's good, you have a wonderful teacher then. I can say this with certainty, as I taught Sora-san myself. Ayumu-san is also from the Isawa tribe like I used to be, so that's two good teachers."

She smiled.

"You did? That's great to hear. Show me?"

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:35 am

"I'm... I'm not very good, but I'll try!"

Leaning in, so Reiko could now clearly see who she was talking to, Ryoko glanced about for a writing implement, and then shrugged and traced in the earth, finger making a clumsy approximation of the kanji for Ryo, to illuminate, and Ko, for young woman. It was far from elegant, but it was, if you knew what you were looking for, legible.

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:10 pm

"Ah, no no. My apology, I sometimes forget it is not usual to have calligraphy kits to hand. Here."

Reiko withdrew a delicate looking calligraphy set, and some what would appear to be fancy looking parchment.

"Here, use this."

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:41 am

"Oh, but... it seems so fancy. I really shouldn't, I'll just ruin your nice parchment."

Ryoko looked uncomfortable, uncertain her poor skills really deserved such nice implements.

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:38 am

"I insist Ryoko-san" Reiko said with a smile, pushing them forward "what better way to practice than with the correct equipment?"

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:13 am

"If you are sure..."

Ryoko took the parchment and ink carefully, and then went quiet, focusing on her task. The effort was... almost adequate.

Not amazing, however, and in the end, it would take a bit of squinting, and knowing what to look for, to read the end result.

Ryoko flushed, but made no comment.

----

https://orokos.com/roll/812945

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:43 pm

Reiko looked at it, and then smiled.

"For someone who is only just learning, this is wonderful work. Well done. There is a bit of roughness on the edges, which if smudged would make it mean something entirely different, so be careful of that. May I?"

She took her calligraphy kit back, and underneath Ryoko's writing she wrote the same kanji. Reiko's writing was much neater and precise.

"Like that. See? You have the intent correct, and I think in time you'll be a brilliant writer. It just takes time to learn."

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:35 pm

"Oh... I hope it wouldn't change to anything... rude."

Beaming at the woman, she added, "Have you been a writer for long? You are very good at it!"

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:34 pm

"About sixteen years or so, before then it was more dabbling than actual writing. I had to do some scribe work for the Isawa tribe elders after my visions, so I could document what I'd seen to them" Reiko explained "I'm not the best in the Isawa tribe by far, but I'm pleased enough with it."

Return to “The Camp”