(D9, EA, Open) The words that remain

Jiyo Sora

Re: (D9, EA, Open) The words that remain

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:58 am

"I will help in any way that I can."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:39 pm

"As will I. But, as someone who managed to rope himself into carving a statue of Daikoku not two hours ago, I would advise taking these negotiations into your own hands if you don't want to end with terrible results."

A grin at Sora:

"I'm too nice to get concessions as someone here would say, through not in those terms."
Imperial | Former Isawa | Bushi | Artisan | Skeletal
Outfit in camp: No weapon, no trinket (D1-D7), jade (D9+) | On patrol: Light armor, yari, bronze sword, yumi + quiver
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Reputation: What Is Expected | Description

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:55 pm

"Well, I appreciate whatever aid you can give me - and your generosity."

She chuckled, drawing her name, again, and again.

"So, what is the name Jiyo... it isn't Shiba, so I'm a little confused."
Takemori :: Master of Ceremonies :: Voice :: Horned Girl :: Music Lover :: Jealous
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Dai-Tsuchi, Morin Khuuru, Jade-Flower Glove, Tago the drummer.
Profile :: Themes

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:13 am

"Jiyo..."

Sora took a deep breath.

"... is the toughest human being I've ever met in the ways I care about. She is the mother of Shiba's children and also head of his personal security detail. Among the Imperial Families, taking Shiba's name is... not a thing we've done, since he's the Emperor, and in theory anyone in his line of succession has a possible claim on the throne. Not even all of his children will take the name Shiba."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:59 am

"Oh. I hadn't really thought about that. It seems like having one person in charge could get complicated, if more than one person wants the job."

She pondered that.

"Well... I'm sure they've thought of that already."
Takemori :: Master of Ceremonies :: Voice :: Horned Girl :: Music Lover :: Jealous
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Dai-Tsuchi, Morin Khuuru, Jade-Flower Glove, Tago the drummer.

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:04 pm

"Well, more than one person did want the job at one point. That's why they had that tournament after all.

I'm not sure the children of Shiba will be in the mood for a remake of that when time would have come for them to take the throne. If they're anything like their father, they will instead talk it out. Maybe request divine judgment as a last resort. But no conflict beyond that."
Outfit in camp: No weapon, no trinket (D1-D7), jade (D9+) | On patrol: Light armor, yari, bronze sword, yumi + quiver

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:28 pm

"Hmm... still, it sounds complicated."

Shaking her head, she added, "My tribe handle our decisions by council of all the family leaders. It's nice and simple." Perhaps she was understating the complexity a little... or a lot.

"So Jiyo is not his consort... does he have many wives?" She had heard of some tribes that did such a thing, though she thought it sounded rather tiring in it's own way - after all... it sounded as though it would require a lot of effort to make everyone happy.

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:38 pm

"Shiba is only married to one person, and that person is Yuzuru.

In that relationship, Jiyo is a close friend of both that helps with problems the two of them cannot solve alone. Like heirs.

Apparently, even the Kami must abide by some of the laws of biology."

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:55 pm

Ryoko blinked in a sort of amiable confusion, and then shrugged.

"Ok. I guess that makes sense... my tribe don't do that the same way... but I guess we all have our own ways."

Looking back at the letters, she added, thoughtfully, "How would I write Shiba?"

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:42 pm

"Like that."

He pointed out it at the 芝 on the first column of Sora's letter, and recopied it at a bigger size for emphasis.

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:55 pm

"Oooh."

Ryoko nodded. "I admit I... well I wasn't sure which one it was."

She gazed at it thoughtfully, not sure if they had already told her, and she had forgotten... "Does it mean anything special?"

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:06 am

"Grass. That gives you a good idea of Shiba character, that he could have chosen any symbol for his name, yet settled on one so humble."

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:30 am

Ryoko blinked.

"Wow."

She wasn't sure what to say, beyond that.

After a long moment, she tried to speak, and then shook her head.

"Wow."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:54 am

"You perhaps see why we're not as prone to... posturing as some here."

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:44 am

"Yes, I think it is becoming a little clearer."

Ryoko chuckled, trying to copy out the name, again and again. "I suppose I have something to practice... are there any other symbols I should add to get started?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:35 am

"Absolutely. Which words are most important to you?"

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:04 am

"I uh... I don't know. Maybe the words to ask a question, like if someone is safe?"

She thought about that, "Or maybe, if they want to hear music?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:05 pm

"Simple enough..."

Sora sketched the characters out, indicating which was which.

Return to “The Camp”