In the rubble of my heart (EA, D13)

Ongaku no Ryoko

In the rubble of my heart (EA, D13)

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:36 am

Ryoko was troubled - and after the events of the morning, couldn't find peace.

She had nearly died... and she didn't know what she had done wrong. She'd been largely powerless to intervene, beyond putting her body in the path of the beast. A monster had hunted Matsu, in particular. Yamadono had been fierce... and a little scary. She had nearly died... and then been made whole again in an instant.

Her so-called power had been useless.

In her chest, her heart pounded, racing with fear and anger which chased each other through her mind. Desperate to clear her head, she had traveled out into the rubble of a civilization long gone, trying to make sense of it all... trying to make something of this ability which could do nothing... save nothing...

So she found herself, out among the ruins, straining to move the earth, the wind... to do more than just petty parlour tricks... and failing. The earth ignored her, as she pounded her fists hopelessly against the stones, and though she eventually drew the water from the mud, and the passing breeze bent to toy with her hair...

It amounted to nothing. She could not smite away the rubble, or create barriers, or banish dark spirits.

What use was it? What use was she?

Punching the stone wall, over and over, until her knuckles began to bleed, she snarled under her breath, "Kuso! Kuso! Kuso!"

Finally, after a long time, she slumped against a stone wall, expression blank, eyes cast up at the stormy sky, mood dark.

----

Earth: Fail https://orokos.com/roll/813325
Earth: Fail https://orokos.com/roll/813326
Earth: Fail https://orokos.com/roll/813327
Air: Pass: https://orokos.com/roll/813328
Water: Pass https://orokos.com/roll/813330
Takemori :: Master of Ceremonies :: Voice :: Horned Girl :: Music Lover :: Jealous
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Dai-Tsuchi, Morin Khuuru, Jade-Flower Glove, Tago the drummer.
Profile :: Themes

Shinjo Miuna

Re: In the rubble of my heart (EA, D13)

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:20 am

Large green eyes framed by dark hair peered down at Ryoko from atop the crumbling wall. She wasn't being particularly quiet, so she was probably heard as she approached. She crouched on the stone, watching but not wanting to interrupt her friend's quiet thinking.
Ki-Rin • Blessed by Tengoku • Dangerous Beauty • Deaf • Feisty
• Shugenja • Small • Soft-hearted

Miuna | Aono | Description

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:47 am

Ryoko blinked, seeing the arrival of the unicorn woman.

For a moment she wondered if she had seen the meltdown.

After a while, she decided she didn't care, instead just offering a small wave of greeting, and a helpless little laugh, weak and snotty from the angry tears on her face.
Takemori :: Master of Ceremonies :: Voice :: Horned Girl :: Music Lover :: Jealous
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Dai-Tsuchi, Morin Khuuru, Jade-Flower Glove, Tago the drummer.

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:33 pm

Miuna had missed the display of emotion, not being drawn by the sounds, but Aono had heard it as they'd approached. She kindly didn't mention it, as it was clearly a moment not meant to be shared. She hung out a short distance away but drifted closer in case she was needed. They both retrieved and kissed their jade, as was becoming customary.

Miuna leapt down from the stones with grace and ease. She looked to Ryoko now, noting the tear streaks but, not wanting to embarrass the girl, she didn't call attention to it. Some people didn't like to cry, and Ryoko seemed like one of them.

"It's been a while since I saw you last,' she signed by way of greeting. The thoughts formed in Miuna and filtered out through Aono. "You've gone and grown again." Miuna tried her best to not look bitter about that fact. Her horns! Why can't my legs grow like that?!

Aono looked the ogress over, adding in, "Indeed she's right, you have grown again. How have you been fairing as we get closer to... our destination?"

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:02 am

"I'm... I'm ok."

Ryoko sighed, wiping at her eyes.

"If only magic power grew so fast... my horns got heavier, my hair sped up... nothing else changed. I'm still as useless as ever."

Leaning back against the stone wall, she added, glumly, "There was a monster in camp today, and even with all the changes... I was still unable to do anything to stop - I just stood in the way and got clawed by it... and then forced another to bleed on my behalf to heal those wounds with magic."

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:16 am

Miuna regarded the young woman with empathy. She had felt less than her worth more than a few times in her young life. Many times, it took the words of another to remind her of her worth. Maybe she could do that for Ryoko. She signed, Aono speaking softly for her.

"A monster, what happened?" She had not known there was an attack. "Was anyone lost?" She hated wondering that every time anything happened.

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:31 am

"No. I came closest."

She sighed. "It was going after poor Matsu. I couldn't just... stand aside."

Gathering her wits, she added, "It came as Shinsei and then... became a shadow. I cannot explain it.... but it could pass through solid things."

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:41 am

Miuna shuddered as Ryoko described the creature. Things were so dark and twisted here. And it would only get worse. Matsu, that was the young girl following around the giant that was not Taochusu, right?

"Was the girl hurt?"

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:55 am

"No. I was able to defend her by getting clawed instead."

It was said in a joking way, but there was a certain desperation to the humor, an attempt to control her feelings.

"I guess I did the job... even if I did it by accident... I guess..."

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:14 am

"Ryoko," she signed, her eyes widening a bit. "That's amazing! You took a hit from something that ugly and lived." She shook her head. "I have never seen real battle. Only what comes after. I am not sure that I could have done half of what you did in the moment. No, I'm certain that I couldn't." Aono and Miuna shared a look. Neither of them were warriors.

Then, an idea came to her. "Why don't you tell me about the things you can do?"

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:39 am

"Sing?"

Ryoko shrugged, rubbing the bridge of her nose.

"Do the rituals of a tribe that may not exist in a few generations? I guess I can herd yaks, which is something. And I can do a tiny bit of.... something, I'm not sure what, with the elements."

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:48 am

"Something?" She questioned. "Elements? Tell me more," she signed, latching onto that last bit of the statement. Her body language was alert. She watched the other woman's mouth carefully so she could understand her more easily.

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:05 am

"You saw it, no?"

Ryoko ran a finger along the earth, and as she did, her left horn turned a vivid copper hue,

Lifting the finger, she brought a handful of stones up from the ground, floating in a simple orbit around her wrist. A soft sigh, and she added, "Like the water from the fall... I can feel, or perhaps... reach out and grasp... the elements. It's harder here, the worse this corruption gets, the less I can sense."

Return to “The Debris Fields”