[D13 EE] - Among the Rbble (Open/Expecting)

Nozomi

[D13 EE] - Among the Rbble (Open/Expecting)

Post by Nozomi » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:51 am

Feeling better about herself, and her situation, after speaking to a few people, Phi had eventually heard about some things that were needed, things that could help folks in the evening. So, she was out among the rubble rather than the jungle itself. She didn't especially like the look of the trees here, so she wanted to keep it open ground. Safer that way.

Catching sight of some movement as she was collecting low ferns to add to her collections of satchets, she looked for a moment with a narrowed gaze before smiling and waving the person over. The light of the sunset was drawing on, and it was best that they not be out alone, even if they weren't far from camp.
Disciple of Shinsei * Experienced Phi * Disturbing Countenance * Former Rappa
Status - 1.0, Reputation - "What is Expected," Glory - 2.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Shinjo Miuna

Re: [D13 EE] - Among the Rbble (Open/Expecting)

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:22 am

As the figure drew near, it split into two, one of the figures smaller and moving at a swift speed. Before Aono could shout a warning, Miuna was upon the unsuspecting woman. She barreled into the side of her, slinging her arms around her neck. "Feeee!" It came out a strangled cry as the girl threw herself upon her friend.
Ki-Rin • Blessed by Tengoku • Dangerous Beauty • Deaf • Feisty
• Shugenja • Small • Soft-hearted

Miuna | Aono | Description

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:31 am

She blinked. Was it an oni, a bakemono? And then there was a Miuna on top of her! Gods, the girl was affectionate. She and Ryoko both! She blinked again and managed to laugh, catching sight of Aono. Ok, at least she wasn't entirely alone. Waiting until she could let the girl see her lips as she spoke, she sighed. "You're a little risk taker aren't you? The rocks are unneven you know."
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:00 pm

Aono laughed. "I said that exact thing moments earlier. Speaking to myself, of course." She rolled her eyes but the gesture was half-hearted.

Miuna, ever a dutiful friend, was busy giving Phi a once over. She poked and prodded. Nothing broken, minor bruising. She took Phi's face in her hands... wait. Phi's face?!

Miuna froze, staring into crimson eyes she had become quite fond of. Phi wore no hood to shield herself and no veil covered her mouth. She lowered her hands and disentangled herself from her friend, taking a good look at her now. She smiled softly, signing, " Your veil. What's happened? Tell me everything."

Aono translated, adding in, "Best start from the beginning, she's been quite worried. When she came and told me Hanzou had said you rode off on Shinjo's back, I thought she might combust right then." She was only partly joking.

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:51 pm

She sighed and smiled over at the girl, patting a rock and managing to disentangle herself just enough to sit on it. She nodded over at Aono and relaxed there. Miuna, in some ways, reminded her a little of Matsu in her eagerness and youth, even if she was not quite so martially inclined as the younger girl was.

"From the beginning?" she said, a little laugh on her lips as she spoke to Miuna, making sure she could see her face. She hadn't had time to really invest in learning sign, language yet, not with everything happening. "Some of this is Shinsei's story to tell, but I will share what is mine. A few days ago, the Little Teacher became aware of a dangerous creature that he felt it was his personal responsibility to stop. So, he ran off, only telling me. I... was worried for him, so I told Shinjo and she agreed to accompany me in helping to find him with his crow's help. That is why we ran off two days ago. I did not want to worry anyone further, and there was little time to tell others."

Mostly true. She also did not know what other ears might be listening at the time, but she didn't add that. Miuna had been scared enough.

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:10 pm

Miuna hopped up on the stone next to Phi. She absorbed what she had said, as well as what she hadn't. She chewed on it thoughtfully for a while. Looking over at her, she signed while her sister spoke.

"I am so glad to see you return safely. That was very brave of you."

She went back to that night in the swamp in her mind's eye. So much chaos and confusion, and then there was Phi. Calm, determined, swift. Shinsei was lucky that it was Phi chasing him down or he might not have made it back. She looked over her friend again.

"I notice you've left your coverings off. Not that I don't appreciate looking at you fully!" She flailed a bit, trying to figure out how to express herself correctly.

"Just, weren't you wearing the veil for a reason? Forgive me if I'm prying!" She was visibly flustered, not having meant to ask such an obviously personal question.

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:20 am

The flailing made Phi blush a little and she felt kind of awkward because it seemed, not for the first time, that Miuna might possibly be flirting with her a little. And, while it wasn't that she didn't like the company of women when the occasion had... but there ... yeah, there was definitely starting to be feelings for someone. But she cleared her throat and smiled, shaking her head.

"You're not prying. I've been very publicly trying to make sure everyone sees that I want Bayushi's attention. People who care will notice. I took it off, which means something. Either I decided it was a foolish way or I've changed my mind, right?" She winked, knowing that she was being a little enigmatic there. "I've... decided that if he will have me on his journey, I intend to continue to travel with Shinsei when this is done. I do not believe my place is at Bayushi's side any longer."

A sigh and she shrugged. "I might seem feckless. I'm still young, and I expect some might think this a fickle choice of youth, but ... I came here looking for purpose, and perhaps it was the youthful pride in me that made me assume it would be Bayushi, that I would catch his eye, and he would have me as some faithful servant. And ... well... Shinsei happened."

Yeah, that was one way of putting it. Shinsei happened.

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:50 am

"Hmmm." The gears in Miuna's brain were surely audible in their workings. Then it clicked. A sly smile formed across her mouth and she regarded Phi with an arched brow. "What we think we want in life, it doesn't always line up with what we need, does it?" Aono chuckled as she translated. Miuna was surely learning a similar lesson in life.

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:13 am

"Yes, and I suppose learning what you need is a part of growing," she could admit. This wasn't just about romance, admittedly, though that was definitely in her head as of recently. She'd never quite thought... well, that would happen here. Certainly not why she came down to the mouth of hell anyway. "When I leave and follow him, I don't really know where I'm going to end up, and being unmoored is... a strange experience for me. I don't know how you Ki-Rin move around so much."

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:35 am

She smiled at that. Traveling around wasn't for everyone, certainly. But, pursuing knowledge was a tad more difficult if you always stayed in the same place.

"It's a restless curiosity and desire to learn that drives us forward."

She could understand her hesitation though. Giving up everything you knew to choose a different path, it couldn't be easy. She grinned, happy for her.

"I promise you'll enjoy being... unmoored. Theres so much to see and experience. I hope you travel far and wide, once this is over."

If we all make it out, she thought, unrest selling in upon her features.

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:14 am

They really hadn't mastered the idea of libraries yet had they? Kind of difficult to truly master all of the lore that a world had to offer if you hadn't put it all on scrolls yet. It was even harder when your reading and writing skills were, at best, a little slow. She laughed a little and nodded to Miuna. "I will be finding out soon enough, I suppose. I do not think that the little teacher is the sort to remain in one place for terribly long when there is more work to be done."

For her part, she was endeavoring to keep her confidence up against the horrors they had faced and would face. None were dead yet, and that couldn't be a bad sign, though the worst was yet to come.

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:46 am

Miuna considered her words. She didn't know Shinsei very well, in fact they'd never met. But she would take Phi's word on the matter. She cocked her head to the side.

"And where is your little teacher, now?"

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:04 am

She sighed and laughed a little. "Right now, if I know him at all... and I am still learning, he is busy answering questions from souls in search of answers and keeping a placid smile on his face while he tries to recover from the ordeal with the monster he fought, and the camp bested." There was a certain fondness there. "Though he might be answering some more pointed questions about it, and the coming days. His disappearance... wasn't exactly timely. It had Shinjo and I worried sick."

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:46 am

Miuna patted her leg at the last statement. She'd been worried, herself, for all of them.

She looked up at Phi innocently.

"Can't you make him...rest?" She asked. She paused in signing to emphasize the word 'rest.'

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:25 am

"For the moment," she said honestly, laughing with some of the stress leeching off of her. "I will settle for just getting him to not charge off on his own, and to accept others' help. We'll work on him to get him to rest one of these days, but for the moment you could not convince him of the need no matter what you do. He knows he needs to... but he feels too responsible for all of us."

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:55 pm

"All of these are good ideas." Miuna nodded, expression serious. Then she signed, "Another stubborn one, sort of like someone else I know."
She playfully bumped Phi's arm with her shoulder. Aono gave a small chuckle.

Looking up at her again, Miuna's expression grew soft. "I really am glad that you all made it back. Always running headlong into danger. And you say I'm the risk taker?" She tried to look indignant but the effort was very half-hearted.

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:40 pm

She managed a smile and winked over at her. "I never said that I wasn't one. I'm an awful hypocrite sometimes, you should know. But, other than stepping into the mouth of hell to rescue a god, I think I'm going to try to keep my risks measured, at least for a small amount of time. We've already all taken plenty of them, have we not?" More than anyone had a right to be expected to take in a lifetime.

"When you leave this place." When she said that, she put a stress on the 'when.' She could not protect everyone, but she meant to see a couple out of this hellish place, and Miuna was on that list. "I want you to keep those journeys of yours a little less risky for a while. I'm pretty sure Shinjo needs you around and kicking."

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:36 am

She nodded gently at the first question.

Aono glanced at Phi momentarily, hearing the change in tone. She, too, strived to see her sister make it back home.

Miuna studied her for a moment.
The woman had been through some shit, she could tell.
She smiled at her final statement. She hoped she could continue to be useful to the goddess.

"Phi," she said quietly, hoping that the many emotions layered within her voice might make up for the fact she didn't practice forming verbal words often. She had been experimenting, practicing names with Aono, so she hoped it didn't sound too rough and that it conveyed what she felt. She looked up, locking eyes with Phi as she signed the rest for her sister to translate.

"I promise."

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:44 am

She smiled more widely. The girl was right. Phi had seen some things, even before coming here. They had come back to haunt her, but those things weren't ones she wanted to share. Knowing that they existed was more dangerous than not knowing. So, she was careful who she told. She had only told Shinsei as of now. But soon, she hoped that they would be through this and their fears could be left behind them in the midst of the pit.

"Good. Have you two been ok in the last few days, other than worried? I don't want this to be all about me. Have you been traveling safely?"

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:44 am

She looked thoughtful. "Strange and scary dreams but yes, traveling safely. Hanzou and I travel beside one another now, so it's not too boring." She smiled, and a blush crept along her skin without her permission.

"Gee, thanks." Aono said, wrinking her nose at the notion she was boring to travel with.

Return to “The Debris Fields”