[Day 13 - EM] Best Laid Plains... [Closed]

Nanzi

[Day 13 - EM] Best Laid Plains... [Closed]

Post by Nanzi » Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:59 am

Nanzi brought Jongwun with him who was providing her service to Reiko, Nanzi wanted privacy for this discussion as he felt that whatever was to be said would have large impact on his decisions going forward when it came to Fu Leng and the mission.

He knelt down next to a massive sheared block among the tangle of the wildlife and said, “So what did your husband have to say on the matter?”
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace
Supporting Staff: Doji Jigutsuji, Nanzi Jongwun, Raven on shoulder

Reiko

Re: [Day 13 - EM] Best Laid Plains... [Closed]

Post by Reiko » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:39 pm

Reiko trusted Nanzi. She knew he wouldn't do anything foolish (at least not to her) and was fine to walk with him. She knew beyond a doubt Kanna would be following somewhere, but made no mention of that as they reached what seemed to be the destination in mind. She gazed over the area, as best she could with her poor eyesight, only pausing when the question came.

"He...was concerned that mortals knew of name magic. It seems like something quite powerful, and very dangerous. I've spoken with the Nezumi again to try and understand them from a less tense view, as well as asking Fu Leng directly."
Spider Clan * Temporary Clan Champion * Reiko family Daimyo * Former Isawa Tribe * Shugenja * Prophet * Bride of Fu Leng * Fire * Bad (blood?) Eyesight * Well Educated * Experienced * Kami Speak * profile
Equipment: Diviner sticks, Yari and Ashigaru armour(when allowed), Walking Stick (bo), Jade, writing tools

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:35 pm

"And the Nezumi? Did he dispel any concerns?" Nanzi asked.
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:51 am

(Sorry, delayed posting on this until the Fu Leng and Nezumi thread moved more so I could give more replies)

"The Nezumi are evasive. Very evasive. I believe there is more than he is telling us, but he may truly not know. Fu Leng also without me telling him quickly worked out what they were intending. He admitted that there may be some parts of him that are forgotten though" Reiko frowned "I am concerned, but if this plan can close the portal then it is a good one. I just need to speak with one of these shaman, not that I know where or how."
Spider Clan * Temporary Clan Champion * Reiko family Daimyo * Former Isawa Tribe * Shugenja * Prophet * Bride of Fu Leng * Fire * Bad (blood?) Eyesight * Well Educated * Experienced * Kami Speak * profile
Equipment: Diviner sticks, Yari and Ashigaru armour(when allowed), Walking Stick (bo), Jade, writing tools

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:04 am

"Nanzi does not like this Nezumi's... tone when speaking on the subject but this affects you more than most so whatever you choose to do, the Crane will support," Nanzi replied.

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:56 pm

"He does not speak Rokugani well. I think that and being questioned had him upset, as to him it's black and white. He mentioned that he would sacrifice his whole family if it would close the portal, so it is something that clearly means a lot to the Nezumi race" Reiko said, switching to kami speak easily "they have been devastated by Fu Leng falling through into Jigoku, you can see it by the ruins that surround us."

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:19 pm

“Indeed, they will gain much from our sealing the portal, but Nanzi is pragmatic about this choice. Nanzi does it not because it will help these Nezumi but because it helps us. They may be allies now and even for many years to come but we have less in common with them than we do with our fellow people and conflicts are already rising even within the Empire,” he responded.

“The Nezumi are a great people, but two great Empires as neighbors will be a challenge and Nanzi hopes we do not create a threat that our children or children’s children will have to settle for us.”

“Compassion compels us to act on their behalf, but not every friend is grateful for succor.”

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:04 pm

"Nanzi-san as ever is wise" Reiko said with a smile to her friend "the Nezumi may become a great empire once more if we close the portal, but if we do not instead of a great empire we have a doorway to a great evil realm that can corrupt the land as a neighbour. That is the choice, and I would believe closing the portal is removing the greater threat. I just do not wish any more harm to come to Fu Leng, who has faced more than any being should face."

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:47 pm

"Neither does Nanzi, that is his only purpose for being here. To help reunite Fu Leng with his family, old and new," he said solemnly.

"End the suffering."

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:04 pm

"You are a good man Nanzi-kun. Were we not both in love with the stars I would have liked to marry you I think" Reiko said with honesty, smiling warmly "there have been many that I have trusted on this trip that I feel I may be misjudged, but never you."

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:59 pm

"You flatter Nanzi beyond measure," he said with genuine respect taken off guard by the statement.

"Has something happened to shake your trust, my friend, of others?"

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:57 pm

"I have just found it surprising how little information has been shared. I have had to educate many about the dangers as we went along, despite information being available. However, it doesn't matter now, we have done all we can" Reiko sighed "we just have to hope it's enough."

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:03 am

“We did not come this far to fail miserably. If Nanzi has to carry Reiko and Fu Leng back to the Empire he will do so. He does not fail once he is committed,” he replied confidently.

“Nanzi has learned that no matter how you spread the word someone somewhere that needs it will not hear it, sometimes it is a failing of our servants or a failing of ourselves but words never seem to fully reach where they should. When you discover that secret dear sister, do let him know.”

Return to “The Debris Fields”