Visiting the Neighbors (D13, EE, Open)

Jin

Visiting the Neighbors (D13, EE, Open)

Post by Jin » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:47 pm

Jin had pondered seeking out and giving Shinjo a piece of his mind for her disappearing act but, after finding his center, he decided to leave that to her husband... and not interrupt whatever other things might occur after.

Instead, having heard that things had gone well with the Crippled Bone, Jin made his way towards their encampment.

"Hail, brave warriors of the Crippled Bone. I hoped to speak with you. Permission to enter your camp?"
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Jiyo Sora

Re: Visiting the Neighbors (D13, EE, Open)

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:46 pm

Sora, Nezumi Alliance advocate that he was, had tagged along- in part just to be neighborly.
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Jin

Post by Jin » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:53 pm

"So... evil duplicates, fated youths, and coming war between realms... never a dull day, huh?"
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:58 pm

The Imperial Babysitter chuckled.

"I dunno, it's starting to feel pretty normal for this trip."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

Jin

Post by Jin » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:02 pm

"I think I may be ready for a dull, normal life after this... if we survive this. But if the cycle is upon us I think any such want shall be denied regardless." He chuckles and shakes his head, "Not sure how Shinjo expects me to find a wife when there's always a new crisis to face. Managing one 'family' is hard enough and that one doesn't require raising kids."

Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:03 pm

"Hey, at least you don't have friends trying to jumpstart your love life through well-intentioned rumors..."

Jin

Post by Jin » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:15 pm

"Koyama was asking about my interests a few nights back so I might not be entirely safe from that. Well, I suppose his methods will be blunter than rumors."

Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:18 pm

"Well, he's always been a straightforward sort. That said, I hope he didn't suggest just going for the first lady or gent that, ah, generates some physical interest..."

A pause.

"Not that my hopes generally pan out, of course."

Jin

Post by Jin » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:20 pm

"That was certainly one of his criteria, yes, though he recognizes there's more to love than just that, thankfully." Jin chuckles

Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:23 pm

"Well, Shinjo's been good for him. He fell hard, and he fell fast."

Jin

Post by Jin » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:28 pm

"Well can't blame him there. If I had the ego to think myself worthy of a goddess I might have tried to beat him to it."

Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:32 pm

"See, I never thought of her that way at all. I mean, she's a lovely person, and easy on the eyes, but..."

Sora shrugged.

"It's a bit like looking up at the stars."

Jin

Post by Jin » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:45 pm

Jin nods, "I can understand that."

Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:47 pm

"Not that I have a hell of a lot of experience to base the comparison on."

Jin

Post by Jin » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:51 pm

"Well that makes two of us for certain."

Description

Canary

Post by Canary » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:23 pm

They're soon greeted by a Nezumi with sleek dark brown fur and sharp black eyes. "Many-many visitors today. Good-good you missed rains. You from hairless one camp?"
GM + Bird + Glorious Plumage + Experienced

"Is the dark side stronger?"
"No, no, no. Quicker. Easier. More seductive."

Jin

Post by Jin » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:36 pm

Jin nods, "They call me Jin, this is Jiyo Sora. I came for two reasons. First, in the fields of rubble, I found the skeleton of one of your kind. I do not know your burial rites but I erected a cairn, a pile of stones, over it so it would have some burial... and so your people could find it if there is a better means to care for it."

Description

Canary

Post by Canary » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:07 am

The rat nodded with a frown, looking down. "Yes-yes. Many dead, thrown on Terrible Day. Maybe we retake place, bury-bury them... more... right." He paused, then looked at Jin. "Maybe once you done-done here, you take shaman to hairless one camp. Meet with big-big people, talk about pit seal."
GM + Bird + Glorious Plumage + Experienced

"Is the dark side stronger?"
"No, no, no. Quicker. Easier. More seductive."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:08 am

"Hopefully with more... success than we've had so far."

Sora sighed.

"Many of us agree that sealing the Pit as has been explained to us is commendable, but... there are personal issues in play."

Jin

Post by Jin » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:21 am

Jin nods, "I was going to offer to aid any who remain in need of healing here in your camp but I am not opposed to assisting your shaman in that way. I would love to learn more about this magic and how this plan works. Hopefully we can convince those with doubts."

Description

Return to “The Nezumi Forward Camp”