Those Who Watch - EE Open

Anjing Xia

Those Who Watch - EE Open

Post by Anjing Xia » Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:41 am

Xia peers through the oily rain at the distant battle, her hand absent mindedly noting the goings on below her.
The ruined Nezumi building offered both a vantage point and a shelter from whatever hellish weather was occruing and the Crab intended to make full use of it.

"Oh, oh that's Ko! Go Ko! Pound 'em!"
Watching her comrade turn a small goblin into paste, Xia nods happily, recording the story with minor embellishment. After all, at this distance who was to say Ko hadn't killed 3 goblins with that strike?

"And then there's Taochusu-san...I'd recognize him anywhere."
Looking between the bushi in melee
"I guess hammers are in these days, does anyone even use a sword?"

Not recognizing the other warriors, Xia notes the combat as 'Ko, Taochusu and Misc heroically defend against the hordes of darkness'
"The hordes of darkness are a little shorter than I had thought, but that's probably for the best."

Idly she looks behind her at the wedding preperations
"...I need to drink a bit more before I get to that."
Crab • Seidou • Niece of the Daimyo • Surprisingly Literate • A Little Awkward
• Here To Help • Front Line Combatant • Recorder Of History

Anjing Xia

Re: Those Who Watch - EE Open

Post by Anjing Xia » Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:49 am

Her brow furrowing slightly, Xia flipped a few pages back.

"And so the wedding of Fu 'Fu-Fu' Leng occurred on the edge of the pit to Hell presided over by Chisei of the Seppun. He was symbolically bound to Reiko of the Spider, although at the time of writing it is unknown whether he is aware he has been married."
There had been a couple cases like that back home, usually because of alcohol consumption

"Now the brave heroes of the expedition which include"
She squints
"Jiyo of the Sora, Chchit Tkkiri-san of the Nezumi and others, are being lowered into hell to kidnap or rescue, it's not entirely clear, the god."

With a satisfied nod she blows on the page to dry it turning her attention back to the ongoing skirmish below
"Simultaneously, goblins are being hit with clubs."

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:51 am

"And now the samurai and one giant ratman are literally being lowered into hell."
Xia scratches furiously at the vellum as she illustrates the scene
"I hope the Kami survive, no-one is going to believe us if we turn up and say this is how we saved Fu Leng, the Spidero Bro."

Satisfied that the two week long descent into hell was going smoothly, she looks back to the Bushi frontline.
"...The battle appears to be going much the same, I'll just say: 'Taochusu-san swung his hammer with such ferocity that even his usual placid facade cracked, revealing the mighty warrior within' "

In her mind the warrior probably had a great one liner as he hammered at the goblins "Nice to beat you? Mmmhm, and then he probably did some cool move."
Peering at the distant figures
"Doubtless it was very cool, very very cool."

And then finally the shugenja
"....And they're still doing their thing, that's nice."

There's a frown as she hears a deep distant echoing voice, not that of a man but that of a god
"Grit Spins....Blow Now."

"Amazing! A prophecy from Togashi-Kami himself. But are we the grit, or the wind?"

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:20 pm

The first wave of fighting seemed to be dying down below her

Yelling and waving a thumbs up
"Great work people I know and the other folks down there! Remember, if you die you will be remembered!"

She quickly notes in her book that the heroes did not actually die in the first wave, before adding a 'second wave' followed by a question mark
"The descent seems to still be going well, I'm hearing yelling and the screams of the damned but I think that's a good thing."

Pause
"Oh, and the spirit speakers are still doing their thing I guess, still just the one marriage so far though."

Return to “The Central Ruins”