Bad Blood (D16, LM)

Hantei Kinsen

Bad Blood (D16, LM)

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:22 pm

After leaving a message for the Spider Clan leader to meet at a potentially more discreet location, Kinsen waits patiently for Reiko to arrive. There are few things both should talk about before the ceremony would start. Emotions that could turn the future of the Empire, depending on the results of this fateful day.
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Reiko

Re: Bad Blood (D16, LM)

Post by Reiko » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:36 pm

Today was going to be a long one for the Spider champion, and to start it off with an invitation from Hanteis wife was not her ideal way of starting the day. Still, she would not refuse, even though she had plenty of things left to do.

The tapping of her walking stick signaled her arrival. She squinted, trying to see ahead of her, before bowing.

"Hello?"
Spider Clan * Temporary Clan Champion * Reiko family Daimyo * Former Isawa Tribe * Shugenja * Prophet * Bride of Fu Leng * Fire * Bad (blood?) Eyesight * Well Educated * Experienced * Kami Speak * profile
Equipment: Diviner sticks, Yari and Ashigaru armour(when allowed), Walking Stick (bo), Jade, writing tools

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:56 pm

Kinsen smiles at Reiko's arrival, and gets closer for the Spider Champion's convenience. She bows in return, replying, "Good morning, Reiko-sama. I hope you had blessings this morning for sustenance."

After a moment of silence, she says, "I would like to thank you for asking my dear husband not to risk himself with this mission. I had similar thoughts. Although, I confess, I acted selfishly when I requested that of him."
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
TN to be recognized is 0

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:05 am

"Good morning. I have indeed, and I hope you have also."

Reiko sighed.

"Forgive me for my bluntness, Kinsen-san, but the only person acting selfishly is your husband unfortunately. However, there is little that can be done it seems except hope he doesn't do anything foolish."
Spider Clan * Temporary Clan Champion * Reiko family Daimyo * Former Isawa Tribe * Shugenja * Prophet * Bride of Fu Leng * Fire * Bad (blood?) Eyesight * Well Educated * Experienced * Kami Speak * profile
Equipment: Diviner sticks, Yari and Ashigaru armour(when allowed), Walking Stick (bo), Jade, writing tools

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:08 am

Kinsen nods, but disagrees, saying, "I understand what you're feeling. But you're wrong."

She explains, "In time, when we rescue your future husband, you might understand much of what the Celestial Heaven has taught them. The concept of Honor, specifically. How one serves to protect that which is greater. In dear husband's case, his own family. His brother."

TN to be recognized is 0

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:09 am

Kinsen nods, but disagrees, saying, "I understand what you're feeling. But you're wrong."

She explains, "In time, when we rescue your future husband, you might understand much of what the Celestial Heaven has taught them. The concept of Honor, specifically. How one serves to protect that which is greater. In dear husband's case, his own family. His brother."

"It is not a selfish thing. The risk is great, after all. It is an example, I believe, that he wants to make sure we all understand." She finishes after a pause.

TN to be recognized is 0

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:14 am

"The concept of honour is the reason he is acting selfish, Kinsen-san. He believes he needs to repay his debt to his brother, as his actions caused Fu Leng to be where he is now, and thus he will not listen to reason. That alone is a selfish action, as it takes nothing else into consideration, even if the intention behind it is noble. It has become raw and personal to him, to the extent that he'll lash out if anyone tries to deny it to him."

Reiko frowned.

"My fear is instead of saving one star, we lose two."

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:21 am

Kinsen frowns instinctively as Reiko does, "Fear is a sin. Let us get rid of that! The example dear husband will set goes beyond logic or reason. It is servitude to one's beliefs –– but not selfish as you say. The benefits of this duty to his family will benefit others, like yourself. Selfish would have been if he did not chose to come at all."

The Stag reminds them with a serious glint on her eyes. "He could have."

Yet, Kinsen's voice tones down, trying to explain her reasoning, "Those emotions that you show are my main concern. Dissonance. Grudge. Anger. Whatever it is. You cannot be troubled today. It is your wedding day, after all. Your mind has to be clear, and adamant. Your future husband must feel safe with you, and your toughts about his family, too."

TN to be recognized is 0

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:31 am

"If your husband is still going, then you ask the impossible" Reiko said with a shake of her head "I would have preferred he had not come at all. That kind of selfish would have been accepted, as it would cause less risk."

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:35 am

"I truly didn't want to say this." Kinsen lowers her eyes. "But it is important, since you'll become part of my family, too, once you marry dear husband's brother."

Kinsen takes a moment to breath, and then states, licking her lips, "If you do not marry him. If anything fails... I will eat your heart."

TN to be recognized is 0

Kanna

Post by Kanna » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:46 am

Kanna was there, because she was always in the same place as Reiko nowadays. And at that statement, she interposed herself between Kinsen and Reiko. "I'm gonna make this super clear, Lady Kinsen. If you even as much as try, then I'll hang your fucking head from a spike in front of my tent."
Spider Clan | Reiko's Shadow | Wary | Warrior
Carries: Tetsubo, Bronze Sword, Practical Clothing, Bottle of Wine, Bottle of Beer

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:53 am

"I'm glad to have a banquet with you two." Kinsen smiles at back at Kanna.

TN to be recognized is 0

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:55 am

"How disappointing. I was hoping for civil discussion, and you come to me with threats" Reiko sighed "and so ends any hope of a positive relationship. I thank you for coming here and presenting your case, as ill prepared as it was. If that is all, I shall be leaving now."

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:01 am

"I had plenty of hopes, but your bitterness poisoned them. Now, I only hope for the best to my future sister-in-law. Do not forget that, Reiko-sama." Kinsen bows to her, and then completes, "Actions are what define us, along with fate. May our collective effort inspire you to succeed in a fruitful marriage and the recovery of our lost brother."

TN to be recognized is 0

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:03 am

Reiko looked to Kanna for a moment, before bowing and taking a step back.

"You may leave now, Kinsen-san. Don't cross my path again."

Kanna

Post by Kanna » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:07 am

Kanna's hand had already reached to her Big Fucking Club(tm). "Pray that you don't cross our paths again. The name Kanna will never trust any who carry Hantei's name. Not after this."
Carries: Tetsubo, Bronze Sword, Practical Clothing, Bottle of Wine, Bottle of Beer

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:07 am

Kinsen looks at Reiko peacefully for a long moment, and smiles. "Succeed, and I will not."

She ignores Kanna, though.

/exit if not unstopped.

TN to be recognized is 0

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:09 am

Reiko placed a hand on Kanna's shoulder, watching the woman walk away.

"I can see what Hantei likes her. They're alike in their arrogance" she said to Kanna.

Kanna

Post by Kanna » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:09 am

Kanna's eyes burn a hole into Kinsen until she is out of view. And then she looks to Reiko. "Fuck all of 'em."

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:12 am

"The mission first. This is unimportant" Reiko said to Kanna quietly, waiting for Kinsen to have moved on before saying "let us return to the camp."

Return to “The Brackish Pools”