[Day 15, Late Afternoon] Long Walks on the Beach (Expecting)

Jiyo Sora

Re: [Day 15, Late Afternoon] Long Walks on the Beach (Expecting)

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:36 am

"It's really very pleasant. We'll. Apart from all the cheerful Ayakashi running about telling you to smile more..."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:45 am

"The... Ayakashi? I've heard the name before. What are they?"

Ryoko furrowed her brow, trying to dispel mental images of scurrying goblins with wide, toothy grins.

"Why should one smile more or less? Is it not a matter of how I feel?"
Takemori :: Master of Ceremonies :: Voice :: Horned Girl :: Music Lover :: Jealous
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Dai-Tsuchi, Morin Khuuru, Jade-Flower Glove, Tago the drummer.
Profile :: Themes

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:38 pm

"The Ayakashi are a tribe which many of those who follow the Emperor originally came. They're a... Cheerful bunch. Very close to the spirits of Chikushudo, and similarly inclined to what they regard as good-natured fun, and which many others regard as irritating jokes. Happy bunch, so they want others to be happy. It can be... trying."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:10 am

"Oh."

Ryoko pondered that. "Perhaps it would be good that my tribe would be on the road much of the time - ogres are not known for their sunny dispositions."
Takemori :: Master of Ceremonies :: Voice :: Horned Girl :: Music Lover :: Jealous
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Dai-Tsuchi, Morin Khuuru, Jade-Flower Glove, Tago the drummer.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:44 am

"I like them already."

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:50 am

"Really? I'm glad they will have an advocate."

Picking up a stick, she poked at the mud, thoughtfully. "So how does it work... all these tribes? Do they all serve Shiba, or are they independent?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:56 am

"That's... complicated. Unlike some of his siblings, Shiba has no issue with tribes that don't cause trouble for others. At the same time... he is Emperor, and exercises a degree of control. His direct servants give up their tribal allegiance to become members of the Imperial Families, just as as the servants of the other Kami give up their tribal status to become members of the Clans."

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:20 am

Ryoko realized, out of habit, she had mis-spoken, and then added, "Ah, I see... I had meant to ask about the clans. My apologies, I am still not used to these new terms."

She rubbed at her temples, trying to keep it all straight.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:27 am

"Oh, that's much easier! All the Clans owe fealty to the Emperor, and have to at least pay lip service to his commands, although he's smart enough not to make too many of those. They have a degree of independence, but ultimately answer to the throne."

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:39 am

"Hmmm. So if he told them to leave a land alone, or not take a tribe... they'd have to obey?"

She furrowed her brow. "I heard that samurai were warriors... so who do they fight?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:00 am

"They would have to make a display of obedience, and thus far, most have done so- case in point, your own tribe has not been assaulted."

He sighed.

"The exaltation of a warrior caste is more a thing for Nanzi to crow about than for me to justify or condone. I will simply note that most combat over the past five years has been initiated by others."

Return to “The Brackish Pools”