[Day 16, Late Afternoon] Willow and Jade (Closed, Expecting)

Jiyo Sora

Re: [Day 16, Late Afternoon] Willow and Jade (Closed, Expecting)

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:15 am

"He listened to me, some time back, when I approached him on the subject of the libraries. He's conceited, to be sure, but I don't think it's pride driving him here. I think it's guilt."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Jin

Post by Jin » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:17 am

"It doesn't matter which road someone's taking if the end destination is the same though. He needs to swallow that pride and that guilt if he wants this to succeed."
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:18 am

"I asked Reiko for a passphrase. Something to say so Fu Leng knows we can be trusted. It's... about the limit of what i can do."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

Jin

Post by Jin » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:19 am

Jin nods, "Hopefully it will work."

A pause as thinks over recent events, so very many of them, "Have you heard about Matsu?"
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:21 am

"Heard? Hell, I was there when Shinsei's disembodied hubris tried to kill her! Only the fact that Ryoko and Yamadono saved her, and that I got to watch nanzi be as useless as I was took any of the sting out of the experience."

Jin

Post by Jin » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:23 am

"Yes but have you heard why it tried to do so?"

Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:24 am

"Something abotu her destiny. Which i can believe. In my vision at the stone, she was the one who ended my Tainted existence."

Jin

Post by Jin » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:26 am

Jin frowns at that thought, "Well hopefully that was symbolic only. She is something called a Thunder. I do not understand the importance of the term itself but, in the war that is coming between our realm and Jigoku, they are apparently the fated champions. I have learned how to discern those so touched by destiny though I have not yet been able to formalize the ritual."

Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:27 am

"Well. One thing at a time, but yes, finding the others would be wise."

Jin

Post by Jin » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:29 am

Another nod, "But were I not to make it see to it someone you trust with that knowledge received my notes so the knowledge is not lost. Forces are already hunting these Thunders which means they also need those seeking to find and protect them."

Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:30 am

"A good task for Kinyoubi, then, although as of this morning, she's not my servant anymore."

Jin

Post by Jin » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:36 am

"Well it will need one who can speak with the spirits as well but I am sure she can help keep things together. So it took just over a week for her to beg to be freed from her debt to you? She's made of sturdy stuff."

Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:44 am

"Well, she, ah... Proposed. And I didn't like the idea of treating my, ah... future wife as a servant, you know? I barely coped with having a servant in the first place."

Jin

Post by Jin » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:47 am

The eyebrow raised above his patch, "Betrothed! So how loudly did Saruko crow? Or was she disappointed she didn't get to sic a wife on you."

Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:59 am

"She, ah, doesn't know yet..."

Jin

Post by Jin » Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:01 am

"Brave, brave soul informing anyone else before her. Here I thought braving the depths of hell was your most foolhardy decision of the day."

Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:07 am

"Eh, she already has one wedding on her mind, holding off on another is something I can justify..."

Jin

Post by Jin » Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:12 am

"You say that now but just wait...."

Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:21 am

"I live among former Ayakashi, I'm prepared for the inevitable."

Jin

Post by Jin » Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:28 am

"Well if you survive I shall yet pray for your soul."

Description

Return to “The City Outskirts”