[Day 16, Late Afternoon] Willow and Jade (Closed, Expecting)

Jiyo Sora

Re: [Day 16, Late Afternoon] Willow and Jade (Closed, Expecting)

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:30 am

"I'll just hide behind the Emperor's daughters."

He grinned.
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Jin

Post by Jin » Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:33 am

Jin chuckles, "Until Saruko asks which roles they want to play at your wedding...."
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:39 am

"Ah, but they will protect me as I have done them, and keep things... Fun, but not overdone."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

Jin

Post by Jin » Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:41 am

"It is rare I see you as the optimist but we shall see."
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:18 am

"Well, there's the tiny matter of doing the impossible later today first. We pull that off, I'd say we've earned some optimism."

Jin

Post by Jin » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:35 am

Jin chuckles, "I'm just saying I know which danger I'd rather face."

Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:40 am

"Better an upset Monkey Princess than the Realm of Evil. Saruko can be distracted by cute children..."

Jin

Post by Jin » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:41 am

"Fair, fair. Then there's the matter of closing the pit..." Another sigh as the topic turns serious again, "I trust in the nezumi and their motives but a spell that powerful is going to have costs."

Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:43 am

"Worth it, I would say."

Sora looked toward the Pit.

"I cannot imagine not at least making the attempt."

Jin

Post by Jin » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:44 am

"Definitely. It must be done. Of that there can be no doubt. I just hope we can truly manage it."

Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:49 am

Sora simply passed him the beer at that.

Jin

Post by Jin » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:51 am

Jin nods as he takes the skin and another long pull.

"Have you spoken to Koyama recently?"

Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:52 pm

"Last night, actually. He, Phi, and I stood another watch together."

This brought a frown to Sora's face.

"He's... troubled. I mean, we all are, but there's something gnawing at him."

Jin

Post by Jin » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:30 pm

Jin nods, "He's worried about Shinjo and Fu Leng. Think he thinks she'll leave him for her brother. I know Hantei wanted Doji but I can't say I really feel that was Shinjo's motivation in all this."

Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:33 pm

"Not at all the impression I got either, but... well. They've been married about five years, and I know Shinjo's been focused on this to the exclusion of almost everything else..."

He sighed.

"I just hope they keep it together enough to go home and keep all you Ki-Rin types wake making up."

Jin

Post by Jin » Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:11 am

Jin nods, "I don't think he'd interfere with what we're trying to do here. But I'm worried about what he might do to himself. This is not the place to be lost in doubt or fear."

Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:15 am

"He's been used to being strong. Fearless. But nobody can manage that for long. I've tried to remind him that he's not alone, but..."

Sora shrugged.

"Ultimately, it's up to him to figure it out. I just hope he does."

Jin

Post by Jin » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:11 am

Another, smaller, drink from the skin as Jin nods then hands it back to Sora, "Indeed."

Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:12 am

"So. Assuming this all shakes out... you feel like, ah... officiating? For Kinyoubi and I, I mean..."

Jin

Post by Jin » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:59 am

"Oh!" Jin didn't need the slight effects of the drink to look chocked, but he recovers," Uh, I mean... of course I'd be happy to."

Description

Return to “The City Outskirts”