[Day 16, Late Afternoon] Willow and Jade (Closed, Expecting)

Jiyo Sora

[Day 16, Late Afternoon] Willow and Jade (Closed, Expecting)

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:37 am

Of the many strange things in his life, Sora supposed his friendship with Jin was one of the strangest, in a low-key way.

Apart from some shared hardship, they had almost nothing in common when it came to day to day approaches to life... but maybe that was stretching it.

Beyond their worldview, Sora was pretty sure Jin's values were those he might have adopted if he'd actually had convictions, rather than vague misgiviings, during his time with the Hikaru.

So he carried a skin of Hikaru beer thoughtfully provided by Koyama as he ambled out to their meeting.
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Jin

Re: [Day 16, Late Afternoon] Willow and Jade (Closed, Expecting)

Post by Jin » Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:41 am

The symmetry of paths not taken was not lost on Jin either. If he had kept his eye, if he had given in to his bitterness and anger somewhere along the way, he likely could have ended up worse than Sora saw himself on his worst day let alone the reality.

"Hard to believe it's almost over... one way or another."
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:44 am

"Nothing is ever over, my friend. But our part in it..."

He took a pull of the beer, then offered it to the shugenja.

"Careful, this stuff has some kick, and we'll need our wits about us today. Maybe more than ever."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

Jin

Post by Jin » Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:51 am

Jin takes a long pull and hands the skin back. Though they did not get many chances to share time, let alone drink, Sora would have trouble recalling the sorcerer ever seeming drunk no matter how long the night went on.

Admittedly for very long nights that was sometimes a trick of the spirits, something Jin was not going to waste energy on on a day like this, but his own tolerance was impressive regardless.

"We've been so lucky so far, to have lost only one. I hope it has not given anyone false confidence about what we face."
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:58 am

"Well. Ch'chi T'kkiri, Old Man Yamadono, and Seppun Dawei seem to have their heads on straight, and I think the idea that this trip is just some kind of adventure has died out by now. Still."

He took another pull. Swished the beer around in his mouth.

"There are faultlines in the expedition that make me uncomfortable."

Jin

Post by Jin » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:00 am

A sigh and a nod, "You have a knack for understatement my friend."

Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:01 am

"It gets worse. You seen Nanzi's new pet?"

Jin

Post by Jin » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:03 am

A raised eyebrow, "I have not. Where does one find a pet in this accursed place..."

Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:05 am

"Exactly. More to the point... I think it was hiding something from me when I looked at it. At first I thought it was something like an Ayakashi spirit, but... it's wrong in a way they're not. I haven't got anything better to go on, but if I don't make it back... I need to warn people I can trust to keep an eye on the bird. And the man."

Jin

Post by Jin » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:08 am

"Well the man was always on the list. He seems determined to cause conflict wherever he goes... though I'm not sure if that's intent or just his nature. But, yes, if what you say is true then that bears further monitoring indeed. Anything found in these lands is suspect and something that can attempt to fool your vision... even moreso."

Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:18 am

"Oh, it didn't attempt to. It did. But it couldn't hide the... wrongness. Anyway. A warning between friends."

He looked out across the ruins.

"Also, if I don't make it back, I'd appreciate it if you looked after Kinyoubi."

Jin

Post by Jin » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:25 am

Jin frowns slightly, "You're as hard to kill as you are stubborn. If you don't make it back I suspect none of us will. But I will honor your request, of course." He sighs again, "And should roles be reversed make sure my students make it back to the Empire safely."

Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:29 am

"I could do nothing less. I'd have told you to look after Ayumu, but... between you and me, the kid's plenty capable. He just needs to figure that out for himself."

He chuckled.

"Of course, that's easy for me to say. Long road from Seppun Hill to here."

Jin

Post by Jin » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:35 am

"I think after this he will know his capabilities. I cannot imagine that anyone's limits will not be tested to their breaking point in what is to come. We will either know our highs and our lows or we will be dead. I just hope I can keep as few from being the latter as possible... but I suppose that's where I'll learn my limit...."

Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:39 am

"Oi. You make Shinjo cry, I'll ask the Bat to have Ryoshun hunt you down in the lands of the dead and give you a drubbing."

Jin

Post by Jin » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:41 am

"It's not the plan. But, as you said, these plans have a lot of fracture points. I'm just glad that it seems like Reiko has seen fit to trust the nezumi... or at least trust enough to go along with their plan."

Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:45 am

"Well, I just spoke to her. She has more issues with Hantei than she does with the Nezumi, in the grand scheme of things."

Jin

Post by Jin » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:47 am

"Can't blame her one bit there. No kami should be going down into that pit, we can't risk it, let alone the Master of Hubris - and that's before taking her fears into account if she's right about what happened."

Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:48 am

"I told Saruko- who Reiko had spoken to- to let Hantei know."

He sighed.

"Because whatever really happened, what Fu Leng believed happened is going to be what's important in those first few moments."

Jin

Post by Jin » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:52 am

Jin nods, "Well here's hoping he listens to her. I've yet to see him listen to anyone but himself."

Description

Return to “The City Outskirts”