(D16, LA) No Regrets

Bayushi Umeno

(D16, LA) No Regrets

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:28 am

Umeno would be staying back that evening and making certain nothing attacked the camp and the supplies so everyone could return home safely. She had heard that Hantei was going to rescue his brother, and that Kinsen would be going to help defend the shugenja as they cast their ritual.

She had looked around to find Kinsen so that they could talk before they both parted for their own duties that evening. She finally found the blonde at the supple wagons, seemingly with a new looking weapon. She gave a slight smile as she approached, offering a bow once she was seen. "Kinsen-sama, I finally found you. I hope you've been well. Getting ready for your duty tonight?"
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Former Kawagaya | Stand-Oafish | Blessed
Carries: Armor, Dai Tsuchi, Tetsubo, Tanto, Hat and Cloak, Pack

Hantei Kinsen

Re: (D16, LA) No Regrets

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:41 am

Hearing the familiar voice, Kinsen beams up with sparkling eyes. She turns to meet Umeno and bows. "U... wu..."

Clearing her throat now that they are in a public space, she corrects. "Umm... Bayushi-san! I am good and healthy, yes. Thanks for asking. Have you recovered, from... well... yesterday?"
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:56 am

Umeno smirked a bit and rolled a shoulder. "Mmm, yeah. Between the paste that Jin-sama gave me, and your bandages, I'm doing just fine."

She didn't say anything else. She wasn't sure what to say or how to bring things up, though she had a guess about how things had gone.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:03 am

That odd silence strikes again, and Kinsen lifts up the club, putting it over her shoulder and posing, instinctively, for a moment. Her eyes still focused.

She also blows a wild bang slowing over her face due the maneuver.
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
TN to be recognized is 0

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:07 am

Umeno couldn't help a bit of an awkward, shy comment. "Ano... you look good and ready for combat Kinsen-sama. I hope it doesn't come to that of course..."

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:11 am

"Thank you." She says, smiling with her eyes, and feeling potentially likewise awkward, but showing in an altogether different manner. "Where will you position yourself?"

Kinsen reminds, "I mean. You've fought bravely yesterday. It would be the best thing that whatever may come, faces you last and gets utterly defeated."

TN to be recognized is 0

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:40 am

Umeno gave a low laugh. "Mmm, I'll be here guarding the camp. I'm not sure if anything'll try to attack while you're all busy, but you all need something to return to after all. Never can be too careful."

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:44 am

"It is indeed a good thought to have something to return to." Kinsen mentions batting the proto-tetsubo into her hand to unconsciously feel its weight.

TN to be recognized is 0

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:48 am

Well... that would be as good a tie in as any. "Ano... speaking of returning... I should likely return to Scorpion lands after this, rather than take up your offer to visit Stag lands. Not that I wouldn't like to visit and all, but... I... I just have a feeling like you'll have plenty of things to keep you busy, hai?"

It was a round about way of saying 'I'm guessing the answer was no', but she couldn't say it out loud.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:56 am

Kinsen takes a deep breath and bites her lips, then phrases, "I would love for you to visit me. But, as duty requires you there. I only hope that distance is not a problem fo us to exchange... words, and the good things that can happen in the future."

Her left hand touches the silk choker on her neck, and Kinsen closes her eyes as she says, "I would take much delight in knowing you're well, prospering and happy. Be it months of travel far, or just at the next tent away."

Or a breath.

TN to be recognized is 0

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:01 am

Umeno reached up and gently touched her own black cloth that was still tied around her neck. "Sumimasen, Kinsen-sama. I doubt anything would take me to Stag lands any time soon, especially since I will have my own tasks in Scorpions. Still... I would be honored to have that garden we spoke about made, so that you may someday visit and we can walk together through it and reminisce."

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:03 am

Kinsen smiles. "I would be honored to see it built."

TN to be recognized is 0

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:19 am

Umeno gave a nod. "Yeah, I was thinking about asking Bayushi-Kami t' let me establish a castle at Beiden Pass. Since we know all this is down south, it'd be a line of defense against things making their way through the mountains and up to Imperials lands... let alone the lands of the Stag. I'd want to put a garden in there, to make it a place that courts could be held too."

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:29 am

“A pass.” Kinsen breathes a tad deeper, and nods again. “It sounds a very good spot to get it built. Crossways.”

TN to be recognized is 0

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:14 pm

"That's my thought too. Good to protect travelers and merchants and such. From what I understand, not a lot of good ways through the mountains there, and the Scorpion serve the Emperor and the Empire and all." And I can protect you as well was the thought left unadded.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:03 am

"A good place to gather people from the south and from the north. It is midway to the northern mountains and the Seidou, after all. A good spot to gather all the Clans. Specially with a nice garden."

TN to be recognized is 0

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:13 am

She nodded a bit. "That's the idea I suppose... though of course I'm more worried about defense and security. Still... I DID promise to try to be more proper, didn't I? Having a good setting for a court too kinda does that..."

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:44 am

“Yes, you did.” She smirks. “I am already excited to see the results. An imponent castle along the mountain pass, reachable by large, numerous stairs. Above the pass, overseeing all that pass. Maybe a bridge, that connects to the other side.”

TN to be recognized is 0

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:51 am

Umeno gave a nod. Looking out over the scenery, she spoke up quietly.
"The flower petals fall slowly/
Into the koi pond beneath/
Two fish look up, one red, one gold/
Separated by the rocks yet still close/
They see the same petals as they spin/
But can never swim together/
The red would give up all those petals/
Just to see the golden koi again/
Even if the rocks of the world/
Keep them apart for both their good
."

Even though Umeno wasn't a poet, it seemed her muse brought out something.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:44 am

Kinsen watches Umeno's lips as she recites. Once finished, she looks at the scenery ahead, and inhales deeply.

TN to be recognized is 0

Return to “The Supply Wagon”