Weapon Wagon (D16, EA) OPEN

Hantei Kinsen

Weapon Wagon (D16, EA) OPEN

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:30 pm

"What if it chips?" Kinsen frowns, looking at her sparkling green nail and showing it to someone at the supply wagon. "I need some sort of weapon that can deal with these... things... with one blow. I've heard that yesterday our warriors used some sort of hammers and axes. Do we have anything spare?"
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Seidou Satone

Re: Weapon Wagon (D16, EA) OPEN

Post by Seidou Satone » Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:39 pm

Satone steps out from the other side of the wagon, having procured a few odds and ends she thought would be useful later.

"Hello. I don't think we met in person."

"I havn't seen any spare weaponry at all, though I have brought a backup for myself. Think you could handle a large and heavy club? It's about 4ft long and weighs about as much as a deer."
Seidou Tribe|Bushi|Large|Strength of the Earth|Blessed by the Earth|Kharmic Tie|Doubt|True Love|Bad Eyesight
Carries: Light Armor, Dai Tsuchi wrapped in blessed rope, Blacksmithing Gear, Jade pendant, 7 uses of jade dust oil
Bodyguard for Seidou Haruyo

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:06 pm

Kinsen looks to the woman, and indeed, doesn't recognize her just by looking.

She greets Satone with a bow and by touching the jade pendant attached at her black ribbon choker. "Oh. Hello. I am Hantei Kinsen. I apologize for that. I should have paid time to meet all of you. Hopefully in our way back I get to do so more. I hope you found something nice to eat today."

With a smile, she mentions. "Well. Handling the large heavy and deer is something that I believe I am keen at. Never tried to use in combat, but I guess it is never too like to begin, no?"
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
TN to be recognized is 0

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:30 pm

Satone produces a jade stone from her smock pouch and holds it up before putting it away.

"I am Satone, of the Seidou. Wait here, I'll be back in a moment."

She then walks off to her tent and returns a short time later, her Dai Tsuchi over one shoulder, and Tetsubo over the other. She hefts it off and plants it at Kinsen's feet.

"Here you are. Just make sure I get it back! Not easy to make. I havn't heard of anyone else with the Hantei name. "
Seidou Tribe|Bushi|Large|Strength of the Earth|Blessed by the Earth|Kharmic Tie|Doubt|True Love|Bad Eyesight
Carries: Light Armor, Dai Tsuchi wrapped in blessed rope, Blacksmithing Gear, Jade pendant, 7 uses of jade dust oil

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:53 pm

"Satone..." Kinsen narrows her eyes in thought while pursing lips. She taps her chin a couple of times waiting for the Seidou to return.

Once the brings the weapons to show and drops it to the floor, the Hantei smiles with a, "Yay. It looks heavy indeed. Yet..."

The Stag sighs, shoulders down, and she bows in thanks, "I would shame you with the amount of skill I would have in using it. Since it is none, actually. Thank you so much to offer the favor, but I don't feel I am worthy."

Kinsen remembers who she was. The one that her husband blessed with the light of Heavens to prove their divinity. "Hmm. I am aware you've met my husband. We are in three, now. Our young boy also carrying dear husband's name."

TN to be recognized is 0

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:55 pm

"If you can swing it, you can use it. It's better to be in someones hands when the fight comes instead of just sitting in the tent."

Satone smiles at Kinsen.

"Your husband you say? What's that like, being married to a fallen god and having his child?"

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:02 pm

"I would make a mess swinging this large club around." Kinsen shakes her head, adding with a wince, "What if I break it?"

Then, she smiles brightly at the second question, "Hmm. My dear husband, yes. Hard to describe in words, since the best that ever happened to my life cannot give it credit."

After a giggle, she mentions, warmly, "I confess I had to learn how to sleep again. Both by nurturing a baby, and with a husband that –– literally –– shines like Lady Sun, even during evening hours."

TN to be recognized is 0

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:22 pm

"If you break it, it better be over an enemies head."

She lets out a chuckle and leans on the wagon.

"I could see how that would prove problematic. Does your child share the glow as well?"

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:41 pm

"Well, then. I thank you." Kinsen bows again, and receives the weapon with both hands hands... then swings with one, exclaiming, "Yeap. I'll do my best to bash whatever comes our way a good distance back swinging this."

Putting the thing back on the floor, she leans over it to balance herself. "Only when hungry... or angry... or both. He has eyes like mine."

TN to be recognized is 0

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:57 pm

"Ah, so he will be quite the beauty when he grows up then, much like his parents! I wonder though, when are babies not hungry or angry? Children are a necessity and a blessing, but"

She lets out an oof sound and shakes her head, holding up her hands

"Not for me. The first few years of raising them are just so...taxing."

"Who is watching over your child since you are both here?"

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:18 pm

Kinsen pinks her cheeks a bit. Her ago appreciates it very much. "Thank you," she says, charmingly. "He's the cutest thing in the whole world. Trust me, it is worth the time. To me, at least."

She nods a couple of things, gratefully explaining, "Kenshiro-sensei is taking care of my little boy. His tutor, after all. I hope he'll learn graeat many things, being such an amazing man as he is."

TN to be recognized is 0

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:23 pm

"I am not familiar with that name. Is he who trained you?"

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:05 am

"Oh!" She shakes her head. "No. Not yet, I mean. He has trained lengthly with dear husband. Says he's a fast learner. My attention has been mostly devoted to my boy. I am still undecided if I'll train with Dawei-sensei or Kenshiro-sensei when we return."

She look to the ground and intentionally doesn't mention how she has been trained.

TN to be recognized is 0

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:08 am

"I'll need to find a teacher soon as well I think. I've learned about as much as I can on my own."

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:11 am

"The Kami are very skillful, but fight rather differently. Weapons like these ones, I remember Hida-kami-sama being the one using them. Perhaps you could reach him after this. I am sure he would open his house to someone brave and courageous enough to challenge Heaven and... Hell."

TN to be recognized is 0

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:19 am

"It is possible I suppose, though much will depend on the decisions Haruyo, the priest I protect. I will go wherever she does. Hida and the Crab have been an option for us for some time, but we both refused, rather staying with our village and teaching those Seidou who have not yet left the tribe."

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:24 am

Kinsen blinks at the mention of neglecting the Kami and narrows her eyes to question, "Why would one not want to join the Kami?"

She breathes deeply and explains, "The whole of the Noriaki, the most hard-headed of all tribes, were convinced of that not long ago. Bishamon-kami himself showed them the way."

TN to be recognized is 0

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:11 am

"We had our reasons, though those concerns have now mostly all been either put to rest, or proven to be something we can do nothing about. "

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:15 am

Leaning a bit further still, Kinsen raises eyebrows, and asks, bluntly, "Don't hold back on me. I was the one convincing the Noriaki through Bishamon-no-kami. What is it that makes you undecided?"

TN to be recognized is 0

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:28 am

"Mostly? That they are conquerors underneath their masks of generosity and helpfulness. That someday, be it a year or a hundred, we will have all been enslaved into a system of rule where only the most powerful have any say. Tribal practices will die out. Customs and culture replaced and lost. Spirituality and religious beliefs destroyed. We initially doubted they were even gods, but just strong people from another land. I am a bit more convinced they are at least otherwordly now, even if their divinity is still in question."

Satone shrugs.

"But fear not, I am here to help, and I will see this through to the end. I furthermore know that it is inevitable now, and that there is no room to try to prevent my fears from coming true, so I must either submit, or be exiled from the lands and people I know and love.Where we end up will depend on what Haruyo, the priest and leader of the remaining Seidou I look after, decides. Perhaps we will find a way to be at peace with ourselves and with the new empire and join you, perhaps we will set off as wanderers, teaching and helping those who wish it on our own."

Return to “The Supply Wagon”