[Day 15, EN] A Dark and Stormy Night

Hanzou

[Day 15, EN] A Dark and Stormy Night

Post by Hanzou » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:27 pm

Hanzou watched green lightning strike somewhere in the distance and wondered if they were still in Ningen-do. Normally, he had a sense of where he was, of which direction was north and how he could return home. Now, he wasn't sure of anything. If they were going to survive and return home, however, they needed to preserve and protect whatever usable supplies they have left.

So, he watched over them.
Stranger ~ Shugenja ~ Water ~ Archer ~ Hunter ~ Healer ~ Spirit Talker ~ Small ~ Wary ~ Ennui
Glory 2 ~ Reputation 4 ~ Status 1

Carries: Yumi, Arrows, Aiguchi, Lantern, Water, Medicine Kit, Jade (4/7)

Togashi Saruko

Re: [Day 15, EN] A Dark and Stormy Night

Post by Togashi Saruko » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:43 pm

Saruko took up her usual spot on the night duty at the wagon. As throughout the entire day, her hands were keeping busy with her needle-project while her ears were perked for anything out of the ordinary.

Which was pretty much everything here.
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:46 pm

"You've made significant keenz progress." Hanzou looked over the banner. "It's quite impressive."
Last edited by Hanzou on Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stranger ~ Shugenja ~ Water ~ Archer ~ Hunter ~ Healer ~ Spirit Talker ~ Small ~ Wary ~ Ennui

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:00 pm

"Thank you," she looked up from the work to give Hanzou a grateful smile. "I just hope I'll be able to complete what I envisioned in time for the rescue tomorrow..."
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:04 pm

"I'd help, but I don't have the seeeech skill for that sort of thing." he shrugged. "Unless it can be tzinch done with arrows."
Last edited by Hanzou on Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:08 am

"We all have our different skills and talents. I don't know how to shoot a bow for instance, so the arrows would be useless in my hands," Saruko offered warmly.

"Nadare told me how you were of great help with the Nezumi the other day."

Theme 2Profile

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:15 am

"He was of greater help, tending to their chirr wounds." he shook his head. "I have some vweesh skill there, but not as much as he has. I'm more suited for hunting and standing guard, especially skish with the help of the water spirits."

He looked out into the darkness. "The nezumi have been fighting some chreee horrifying creatures. We should be grateful that they've held them rickt back as much as they have."
Last edited by Hanzou on Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:18 am

"Yeah... the Nezumi will be essential in tomorrow's plans, it would seem. I'm just very glad they've chosen to cooperate with us." In fact, quite relieved.

Theme 2Profile

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:27 am

He nodded. "I'm not sure we'd have any stritch chance to succeed without them. I hope that is not chrik forgotten once this is over."
Last edited by Hanzou on Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:35 am

"Chances are good it will not. We promised the Nezumi to accept an envoy of them to Shiba's court during our negotiations, so the hope is that the two can find an understanding and appriciation of eachother."

Theme 2Profile

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:42 am

"The discussions I've hrisss had with Shinjo and many others here, including yourself, have given me hope that there will be a place for cultures like the nezumi and the koumori." he nodded. "This is good."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:48 am

"The koumori?" she puzzled a bit at the name. "My tribe has long had close friendship with many animal spirits, but the komouri are not really known to me..."

Theme 2Profile

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:10 am

"They keep their kreeech distance from everyone." he nodded. "But, people do still tell skristsss stories about the good fortune bats may bring."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:28 am

"They do, and I've heard stories that komouri spirits sometimes guide those who are lost to the right realm." But she had never encountered one herself.

"As my cousins among the Ayakashi joined Shiba, I don't think the Emperor will be cruel to those with ties to the spirits. I don't know about the Nezumi though, but... I think he will make his decision with wisdom."

Theme 2Profile

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:35 am

He nodded. "My people will do what hreeckt they will. If necessary, they may vrittt seek Ryoshun's protection."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:38 am

She nodded in return. "If you feel that is your path, then I wish you the best. If you need, I will gladly give you a letter of recommendation to Lady Nazo, who speaks for Ryoshun-Kami."

Theme 2Profile

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:44 am

He shook his head. "I don't think so. I would like to study more with scrreeessst Agasha. But, I believe my path will thrisht take me to Shinjo."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:47 am

"Oh? It's a peculiar path you seek, to study with Agasha, and to follow Shinjo?" she seemed a little surprised, but was genuinly interested in his reasons.

Theme 2Profile

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:55 am

"I realize I likely cannot do skitch both." he admitted. "Agasha's knowledge is fascinating and vreeesss eclectic. I'm very krinckt curious about what she may make of it all. But, I would be happy to learn chirk from Jin, if he would have me, and I would be very willing to follow Shinjo, if I was with Miuna."

Wu

Post by Wu » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:59 am

Having rested as best he could Wu made the silent trek from his tent to watch the supply wagons.

He nodded to both present before trying to stiffle a yawn
Dragon Clan - Daimyo of the Wu - Black sheep of the Isawa tribe - Bushi - Spearman - Sage - Enlightened - Experienced
Equipment : In town: Ryu-yari, sturdy clothing. Outside : bronze and leather armor, Ryu-yari, Nage-Yari, Yumi

Return to “The Supply Wagon”