[EE 16] - The Rear Guard (Open)

Bayushi Umeno

Re: [EE 16] - The Rear Guard (Open)

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:20 am

Umeno just gave a grunt as the other two brought up a bunch of different topics. She didn't know anything about a library or of herb mixing. She held out a bit of fish jerky if either of them wished a bit of dinner.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Former Kawagaya | Stand-Oafish | Blessed
Carries: Armor, Dai Tsuchi, Tetsubo, Tanto, Hat and Cloak, Pack

Miyako

Post by Miyako » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:14 am

"Two weeks? I still don't think I can get it right, not a single one of their names! In fact, thanks to Miuna and Aono I wouldn't be surprised if I could say all of their names quicker and more correctly with my hands than with my lips," Miyako responded with a laugh. She nodded in appreciation to Umeno and took some of the fish jerky to eat, and in exchange she rummaged through her pack for a couple moments to pull out a skin.

"Spiced berry juice, if anyone cares for it, diluted with plenty of fresh water so there shouldn't be any tartness - tastes like a flavored water more than anything. It isn't fermented like the berry-wine I have either: saving that one hopefully for a good time ahead. With how many minutes have gone by already, they must be well on their way now." But there was no way for her to be sure on that. She poured herself a cup as well as one if either of them wanted it.

"... you look really nice without the covering, by the way," she said to Phi warmly. "Didn't get a chance to say that yesterday - don't know what might happen tonight so I figure that I'd say it while I could just in case. But I'm glad you feel that you need not hide it any longer."
Chinsei Tribe * Hunter (Bushi) * Herbalist * Storyteller * Singer * Pleasant-Voiced * Sharp-Eyed? * Talkative! * Night Child
Status: 0.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Reputation: Normal / What is Expected

Speaking * Signing
Equipment: Light armor, sturdy clothing, wide-brimmed straw hat, straw cloak, yari, yumi, quiver, water and rations, traveling pack
Profile!

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:39 am

"Uhhh.... so, thanks," she said as she took the skin and pulled a swig from it before offering it back and looking over at Umeno and then at Miyako. "So, heh.. Just to kind of clear that up. I wasn't wearing it to hide myself that way. It was because I was trying to honor something someone else did a few years ago. I liked the thought behind it, but as Umeno can tell you, the situation has changed. My understanding of myself and the situation has changed, and I'd like to think I've grown."

A shake of the head and she raised an eyebrow. "Not used to people thinking my pale skin's pretty."
Disciple of Shinsei * Experienced Phi * Disturbing Countenance * Former Rappa
Status - 1.0, Reputation - "What is Expected," Glory - 2.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Miyako

Post by Miyako » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:06 am

"Well... it is to me at least, and you'll probably end up hearing it more often now I imagine," she offered with a soft smile. "And I apologize, I meant no disrespect to that which you give honor and deference. In that case, let me say instead that I am glad you have found new understanding in yourself and growth in oneself. I have certainly learned much about many things, and some things about myself as well, and I hope many have come away with similar." She raised her cup in the air before downing about half of it in a couple sips - no alcohol, no reason to either slow-sip it or knock it all out in a single blow.

"From our time in the brewery what seems like so many weeks ago now... does that mean that when it is time to go home that your interest in approaching and speaking with Kami Bayushi has since waned?"
Chinsei Tribe * Hunter (Bushi) * Herbalist * Storyteller * Singer * Pleasant-Voiced * Sharp-Eyed? * Talkative! * Night Child

Speaking * Signing
Equipment: Light armor, sturdy clothing, wide-brimmed straw hat, straw cloak, yari, yumi, quiver, water and rations, traveling pack
Profile!

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:44 am

She looked at Umeno and then Miyako and nodded. "No harm done. I didn't exactly tell people clearly why I wore it sometimes. All part of the mystery," she grunted and laughed a little at her own expense. It had been a sillier gesture than she'd really thought of initially. Heartfelt perhaps, but in two weeks she'd been forced to grow.

"I would not say that it waned so much as I found where I belong, and where I should go. I think I would still not mind meeting Bayushi one day and speaking to him personally if the chance comes along, to see his city." She nodded to Umeno again. "But that will be when my travels take me to that place first." That and... she wasn't entirely sure Bayushi was safe, but that she couldn't talk about.
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:57 am

"You're welcome anytime, of course," Umeno said after taking a drink as well. "Both of you are... though I'm certain you both have plenty of other things to worry over other than taking trips."

Miyako

Post by Miyako » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:31 am

"Well, I have certainly learned much about the land outside the Chinsei Mori, and I was thinking of hitting the roads and the plains and the mountains and all the places I've heard much about and want to see. But since I planned on going back home to the forests for a bit first, I would like to get to know the place my Chinsei cousins that wear the sleeve call their new home - not that far away, after all, right? So maybe you might see me much sooner rather than later." She downed the other half of juice in her cup and moved to refill it.

"After that... north. Definitely north. I think I've had enough traveling southward for a good season or three," she added with a short yet hearty chuckle.

Speaking * Signing
Profile!

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:39 am

"Oh, plenty of Chinsei for certain following Lord Bayushi," Umeno said with a small smirk. "I'm certain it'd be a bit of a family reunion for you."

Miyako

Post by Miyako » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:34 am

"A pleasant one, I hope, but yes, absolutely. My village cousin Tomiko, for instance, her family let me borrow some of wineskins she wasn't using so that way I could bring some berry-wine on this trip to share with you fine folks. It gives me a nice excuse to say hello and bring them back to her personally - and very much thoroughly empty, of course," she said, laughing at that. Or at least she hoped they would be emptied in celebration rather than in sorrow.

"Any big plans for you when you return, Umeno? Or taking it as it comes?"

Speaking * Signing
Profile!

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:07 am

"I will definitely have many travels to come, one way or another." Shinsei was a bit of a wanderer, but after having spoken with him, she had a suspicion they'd be visiting Dragon lands a fair bit. They'd need to go there to set up certain arrangements, considering what she'd learned in the last day. She listened as the two talked, nodding once or twice, taking it all in. Miyako seemed to have her thoughts well in hand at least. "Do you plan to stay with the tribes for a time yet still, Miyako?" she asked, though nodding as she looked to Umeno. She was curious what the girl had planned, besides anything they'd talked about before.

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:48 am

Umeno rubbed at the back of her neck. "Well... I was thinking of following up on that favor you asked of me when I returned Phi," she said quietly. "Actually talked to Koyama-sama 'bout it. He was fairly against any sort of... forcefulness, but I think we both agreed to take things slower, see if we can get through to those stubborn mules first."

Miyako

Post by Miyako » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:16 am

"For a time, yes, but I think it is not my forever-future," the tribeswoman acknowledged to Phi. "I have learned much about the clan-tribes and the Kami. There is still much that I would like yet to learn. I think, in time, I will make a decision on that. My hope is that my stories of all that I have seen and heard here, as well as the scenes and stories I hope to learn on my wanderings in the land... I hope that I might convince the rest of the Chinsei that they join the rest of clan-tribe Scorpion and be together, join another clan-tribe together and be half-and-half between two, or that I can convince the elders that the time has come that we might scatter in the four directions and find our own way." She paused to take a sip from her cup.

"Regardless, however, I have learned on this journey that while I hold my elders in respect, the world is changing fast and that not only may they not hold me back from finding my place in it that I need not purposefully hold myself back either. I may be of the Chinsei, but I can and will be my own woman and find my own path should it come to it." She nodded emphatically at that before tearing further into the fish jerky.

Speaking * Signing
Profile!

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:13 am

She nodded to them both and then smiled over at Umeno brightly. "Old man would say that, and he's right. I have to have a little bit of faith that they'll see sense. And I'll thank you and wish you luck with that. Bring them in, and hopefully they'll be good for you." She turned to Miyako and nodded in turn. "I think we still have time for a little wandering yet. The winds... those I felt when I first came here? Much changes, but it isn't done yet. We have at least our lifetime. You'll find a place to hang your head when the time comes, and ... I think I'll choose to have faith in your tribe as well."

A pause, and then she snorted. "They aren't half as stubborn as what's left of us, so I'd like to think you have less to worry about though. But one of these days, I'll be interested to see what comes of both of you. Just as soon as we get through today."

Bayushi Umeno

Post by Bayushi Umeno » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:00 am

"If we get through today," Umeno added nonchalantly, a bit of a teasing smirk on her lips.

Return to “The Supply Wagon”