The Price Pt2 (D16, LN, Open)

Jin

The Price Pt2 (D16, LN, Open)

Post by Jin » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:19 pm

The night was long and still filled with terrors - if fewer than before. But that did not mean he would give up his watch for any stragglers who might need his healing. Sleep could come another day as the daimyo pushed against exhaustion.
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Shinjo

Re: The Price Pt2 (D16, LN, Open)

Post by Shinjo » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:02 pm

Someone soon entered, limping and leaning heavily on a staff that was likely used for something else not long ago. She smiled at him as she entered, still graceful despite the impediment. "You should get some rest, Jin-san."
Kami | Paragon of Honesty | Paragon of Compassion | Daredevil | Quick | Absolute Direction | Wary

Honor: 10.0, Status: 9.0, Glory: 10.0

Run by GM Canary

Jin

Post by Jin » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:06 pm

A shake of the head. Even had she ordered it might have been one of the rare times he ignored it.

"There is still much to do. I can sleep when we are further from this place." His eyes scan her wounds, "It does my heart good to see you though. Are there any wounds you need tended to?" He breaks a weary smile, "Honestly, please."
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Shinjo

Post by Shinjo » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:13 pm

"Nothing magic would make much of a dent in," she replied with a small smile, settling down near him. She looked down at the ruined leg. It was partially healed, the wounds closed, but tender and somewhat deformed. "Time and careful recovery will have to be our greatest allies."
Kami | Paragon of Honesty | Paragon of Compassion | Daredevil | Quick | Absolute Direction | Wary

Run by GM Canary

Jin

Post by Jin » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:17 pm

He brings over some of the rations, waterskins, and blankets he had laid out - putting them in her reach if she needed anything.

"It is a good thing then that you have a family of skilled healers... and their very stubborn teacher."

Description

Shinjo

Post by Shinjo » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:30 pm

Shinjo accepted, suddenly finding herself thirsty and ravenous at seeing food after everything that had happened. After a few swallows of food and drink, she said, "Speaking of your students, I had a talk with Miuna-san not long ago. She was under the impression you didn't believe in her."

Run by GM Canary

Jin

Post by Jin » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:45 pm

He sighs and rubs his good hand through his hair, "I could see how she could have taken it that way though not my intent. I trained her well, I know that, but to march into hell is not something anyone should have to face let alone the young. I simply offered her a way back if she did not feel herself ready for that - and would have thought no less of her if she did. If I truly did not believe in her I would have asked you to order it."

Description

Shinjo

Post by Shinjo » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:57 pm

She nodded, chuckling a little despite the pain. "I figured it was that, or you were concerned for her. Or both."

"Either way, it was sorted. How are you holding up?"

Run by GM Canary

Jin

Post by Jin » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:07 pm

He nods then ponders her question.

"Surprisingly well... and feeling guilty for it. The rituals, the casting, it was all so much easier than I could have imagined. And, while every loss was tragic, our dead and wounded do not number near what I anticipated."

Description

Shinjo

Post by Shinjo » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:34 pm

"I'm ashamed to say that I'm surprised, too... We still lost some, but I anticipated... worse," she said, lowering her head. "It probably would have cost much more if Hisomu hadn't been willing to give up his divinity for the portal. The light of Tengoku likely made up for... what it might have otherwise cost. Even then, I'm worried what effects might show up in those who participated down the line."

She looked apologetically to him. "I wasn't focused on the cost the way I perhaps should have been."

Run by GM Canary

Jin

Post by Jin » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:38 pm

Another solemn nod.

"Every loss, every drop of blood spilled, all of it has saved countless lives. That's what I focus on. Each of our dead saved thousands of lives. Each drop of blood dozens more. If this had been allowed to fester... if it was open when the war came, even if we had saved your brother let alone if we had not, things would be so much worse."

Description

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:07 pm

Nanzi approached, with Jigutsuji in tow, the aid station; his hand out for the Raven as it landed and he got right to it. He gave a respectful bow and said, “Shinjo-ue, Jin-san, we should be ready to march at first light. After reviewing the rosters there are three unaccounted for, thankfully from the lesser tribes, but Nanzi is hopeful they will be found at least their bodies. Fortune’s willing alive; but still the Seidou known as Satone, Ko, and Taochusu are unaccounted for.”

“Nanzi knows we have rescue operations at work, so there is hope. The food stores should hold for our return, and our jade supplies should be sufficient. More so with the pit closed. Jigutsuji has kept good records of the logistics.”

Finally he smiled and said, “We have found victory, dear sister. Nanzi is proud to have served in your endeavor and reunited you with your brother.”
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace
Supporting Staff: Doji Jigutsuji, Nanzi Jongwun, Raven on shoulder

Jin

Post by Jin » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:09 pm

Jin can't help but keep his eyes locked on the crow.

"Taochusu is lost, sadly, the others yet unknown."

Description

Canary

Post by Canary » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:11 pm

The raven hopped up along Nanzi's arm to his shoulder and stared back, cocking its head in a very bird-like fashion.
GM + Bird + Glorious Plumage + Experienced

"Is the dark side stronger?"
"No, no, no. Quicker. Easier. More seductive."

Shinjo

Post by Shinjo » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:14 pm

"Every tribe member is a potential future Clan member," she replied with a shrug. "They're not lesser. I am pleased to hear that our supplies will hold out. We're lucky they didn't decide to hit those, as well."

She looked toward the entry, sighing. "We may have to make a comfortable spot on the supply cart for Hisomu. He was barely conscious when I saw him, though he's good at acting strong..."

Run by GM Canary

Jin

Post by Jin » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:15 pm

While Nanzi and Shinjo spoke the gaze continued.

Description

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:23 pm

Shinjo wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:14 pm
"Every tribe member is a potential future Clan member," she replied with a shrug. "They're not lesser. I am pleased to hear that our supplies will hold out. We're lucky they didn't decide to hit those, as well."
Nanzi raised a brow and countered, “Maybe not to you, but they hold no allegiance to the Empire or the Crane; if they prove worthy then it may be so but Nanzi will not pretend they are of equal value to the Clans. Nanzi gives them Courtesy for their actions and even Honors them, but they are not of the Empire and hold no allegiance to the Divine Son, in that they will always be problematic.”

“Let alone those that still resist the rule of Shiba from the shadows,” he added lightly.
Shinjo wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:14 pm
She looked toward the entry, sighing. "We may have to make a comfortable spot on the supply cart for Hisomu. He was barely conscious when I saw him, though he's good at acting strong..."
He sighed and added, “Nanzi did not come here to argue semantics. Nanzi will see about gathering supplies around the camp for a litter or two, will you be well enough to walk? Nanzi knows you are strong, so he means no disrespect.”
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace
Supporting Staff: Doji Jigutsuji, Nanzi Jongwun, Raven on shoulder

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:10 am

Hanzou had checked on Miuna and scouted around the camp. Now, his intention was to relieve Jin, healing any remaining wounded in need. Getting a glimpse of the conversation and no current patients, he waited a polite distance away, watching for anyone else approaching.
Stranger ~ Shugenja ~ Water ~ Archer ~ Hunter ~ Healer ~ Spirit Talker ~ Small ~ Wary ~ Ennui
Glory 2 ~ Reputation 4 ~ Status 1

Carries: Yumi, Arrows, Aiguchi, Lantern, Water, Medicine Kit, Jade (4/7)

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:30 am

Miuna followed shortly after. Without her hearing, she remained blissfully ignorant of any conversation as she entered the tent, eyes immediately settling on Shinjo. After a quick bow to everyone she hurried to the Kami's side. "Is it painful? Can I do anything?" She signed, belatedly remembering that her sister was not with her. She threw a pleading look at Hanzou.
Ki-Rin • Blessed by Tengoku • Dangerous Beauty • Deaf • Feisty
• Shugenja • Small • Soft-hearted

Miuna | Aono | Description

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:10 am

He'd tried to stop her.

"Give them a moment. If we can help her, we will."
Stranger ~ Shugenja ~ Water ~ Archer ~ Hunter ~ Healer ~ Spirit Talker ~ Small ~ Wary ~ Ennui
Glory 2 ~ Reputation 4 ~ Status 1

Carries: Yumi, Arrows, Aiguchi, Lantern, Water, Medicine Kit, Jade (4/7)

Return to “The Camp”