The Price (D16, EN, Open)

Jin

The Price (D16, EN, Open)

Post by Jin » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:16 pm

From his perspective it had been easy, so much easier than expected, almost too easy. But he knew that was an illusion. Each minute they had of safety to complete the ritual was paid for in pain and blood. His ease had come at the wounds, and likely lives, of others.

Normally he would rest at this time, sleep, but not tonight. Tonight he would repay those costs as best he could.

As such Jin, near the central fires of the camp, laid out his medical kit along with rations, water, and blankets for those that needed them and waited to provide what aid and succor he could.
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Jiyo Sora

Re: The Price (D16, EN, Open)

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:55 pm

Tired as he was, as much as he wanted to talk to Kinyoubi about thwat he'd felt down in Jigoku, badly as he needed to get some sleep...

Sora had a responsibility.

So he dragged a crude travois toward the medical set-up, bringign Ayumu in for yet another round of healing.
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Jin

Post by Jin » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:59 pm

"Glad to see you alive old friend..." He catches the very slight, if labored, rise of Ayumu's chest, "...and your ward too. Though he needs to stop making a habit of meeting me this way."

A quick cut to his arm and the healing energy of water begins to flow through the gaunt man.

(20 healed to Ayumu)
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:03 pm

"I think he just likes you healer types, so he keeps coming up with excuses to see you."

The tone was jocular, even if he regarded the younger Imperial with clear concern.

"Word is we lost Taochusu. And Inga, Ko, and Satone are all missing."

None of them had even sworn fealty to the empire.
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:04 pm

Another came, on his own feet. "Don't waste the sacrifice on me, just need a bandage for the night."

Kyosei had no wounds, save the cuts across his arm.
Kyosei of the Isawa Tribe
Shugenja • Earth • Experienced • Jade

Glory 2 • Reputation 4 • Status 1
Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.
When out in the area outside the camps, Axe, shovel, bo staff.

Jin

Post by Jin » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:15 pm

Jin's frown deepens at the litany of names and he nods somberly, "To be honest I expected the list to be longer. I'll hold out hope on the missing until we know for certain. None get left behind in this place. It may no longer be a gateway but it is still unclean. Even the dead, if we can claim them, should be taken from here."

At Kyosei's approach the bloody armed man shares a wane smile and a nod, "I understand that feeling."

Jin gingerly wraps the wound but frowns as blood continues to seep. Unraveling it he applies a poultice and begins the task again nodding with satisfaction as it stays sealed.

(8 healed)

Description

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:34 pm

"Thank you. Perhaps I should look into learning more of how to bandage a wound. Seems far too common in my dealings with the Empire."
Kyosei of the Isawa Tribe
Shugenja • Earth • Experienced • Jade

Glory 2 • Reputation 4 • Status 1
Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.
When out in the area outside the camps, Axe, shovel, bo staff.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:37 pm

"You guys should figure out an alternative to slicing yourselves open to do your thing."

Jin

Post by Jin » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:40 pm

Kyosei of the Isawa wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:34 pm
"Thank you. Perhaps I should look into learning more of how to bandage a wound. Seems far too common in my dealings with the Empire."
"It's very helpful for those in our position." The healer nods, "Not always worth it to cut yourself to heal yourself."
Jiyo Sora wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:37 pm
"You guys should figure out an alternative to slicing yourselves open to do your thing."
"If I heard right Kyosei is exploring that, are you not?"

Description

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:50 pm

Ayumu opened his eyes.

Pain. Exhaustion. The smell of blood, so much blood. But he could see and he could breath. So not as bad as expected.

He tried to make sense of what was around him and asked in small voice:

"Jin? Sempai? Kyosei? What happened?

Last thing I remember, we were surrounded by the dead that walked, and that guy with claws did something with his own blood. Then nothing but darkness."
Imperial | Former Isawa | Bushi | Artisan | Skeletal
Outfit in camp: No weapon, no trinket (D1-D7), jade (D9+) | On patrol: Light armor, yari, bronze sword, yumi + quiver
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Reputation: What Is Expected | Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:54 pm

"Long story short? We rescued Fu Leng, closed the pit, and you got married to Anjing Xia while you were out."

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:55 pm

"...

Just how long was I out exactly?"
Outfit in camp: No weapon, no trinket (D1-D7), jade (D9+) | On patrol: Light armor, yari, bronze sword, yumi + quiver

Jin

Post by Jin » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:55 pm

It was a solemn time, a serious time, perhaps that's why that finally broke a wall of tension and Jin couldn't hold back a snicker.

Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:05 pm

"Long enough that I figured you could do your bit for ties between the Imperials and the Crab Clan... and besides, two of my favorite young people, shared combat experience... it seemed like a good match."

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:15 pm

"...

You seem to be alive and kicking. I guess the expedition to the mouth of hell went somehow better than expected. That a lot of things went better than expected or you wouldn't be so merry.

Did... Did everyone somehow made it?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:18 pm

"No. Taochusu is dead, according to the word making the rounds, and several others- Inga, Ko, and Satone- are missing."

Sora placed a hand on Ayumu's shoulder.

"But you made it, and that's cause for a bit of good cheer, hm?"

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:32 pm

A soft smile:

"I've always been lucky about not dying. To the horror of all those healers that I regularly push into working extra hours. Poor Jin here knows about that. Thank you Jin by the way, for putting up with my antics."

A nod:

"So, it's truly over? Fu-Leng is reunited with his siblings, and Jigoku is banished from this realm?"

Jin

Post by Jin » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:48 pm

Jin's mirth had faded at the mention of the lost and he nods at Ayumu's acknowledgement.

"You're welcome. This battle is won but there is still a war coming I fear. But take ease in the fact that we have landed the first, great, strike in that conflict."

Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:30 pm

"But next time, try not to get mauled, eh? Old Man Sora might not be there to drag you to a healer."

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:40 pm

Jin wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:48 pm
Jin's mirth had faded at the mention of the lost and he nods at Ayumu's acknowledgement.

"You're welcome. This battle is won but there is still a war coming I fear. But take ease in the fact that we have landed the first, great, strike in that conflict."
"Couldn't have been that easy.

I've seen big rat you know? His corpse at least, used like a puppet by Jigoku. Yesterday, he died protecting us. Today, what's left of him in the material realm was weaponized to doom us.

Luckily, that thing was nothing but a pale shadow of the real deal. It shared none of his speed or cunning, only his raw strength. We had it limping around in circles for a while."
Jiyo Sora wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:30 pm
"But next time, try not to get mauled, eh? Old Man Sora might not be there to drag you to a healer."
"Trust me, I'm trying. But the other side is not cooperating.

And well, Jiyo did taught us to put ourselves between the blow and its intended target... Might have skipped the part of the lesson about blocking it instead of taking though."

Return to “The Camp”