[Day 16, EN] Ill tidings

Reo

[Day 16, EN] Ill tidings

Post by Reo » Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:36 am

Thump drag...Thump drag...Thump drag...

The sounds of his own hobbled steps have haunted Reo for hour as he's trudged back to camp. The front line had fallen, with him the only one able to walk away in the end.

"Hellooooo!" He shouts as soon as he thinks people can hear. "Helloooo!"
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan | Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade, 3 uses of jade dust

Ninube

Re: [Day 16, EN] Ill tidings

Post by Ninube » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:16 am

"Shit." Ninube runs over to the Spider. "Reo. Let me help you." She offers her shoulder for him to lean on.
Spider Clan * "Scout" * Unloved By Her Ancestors

Items: Bronze Sword * Jade * Ashigaru Armor (when scouting and such) * Mask (when scouting and such) * Lucky Cricket in Cage (during down time)

Reo

Post by Reo » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:49 am

"I'm fine." Reo says, like a liar. He collapses against Ninube the moment she makes contact.

"Did Inga make it back? Are they headed for Ko and Satone?"
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade, 3 uses of jade dust

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:15 am

Reo's return caught the attention of one of the others on duty. Phi was remaining until she knew that everything was addressed. Until she knew what was truly coming of this. Seeing him, injured but alive, she ran over, squinting at him and leaning in.

"Jade," she said, holding out her bracelet. "We need to be sure. You ok?" Sorry, but... first thing was first.
Disciple of Shinsei * Experienced Phi * Disturbing Countenance * Former Rappa
Status - 1.0, Reputation - "What is Expected," Glory - 2.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Reo

Post by Reo » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:29 am

"Yeah yeah sure." Reo reaches out to touch the jade, gripping it. "Does that work? Amdbwhay about byhe other's?"

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:30 am

"I don't know. I've been doing scouting for any possible attacks on the camp. What happened?"

She cursed herself for not thinking about jade. She let Phi take control.

Items: Bronze Sword * Jade * Ashigaru Armor (when scouting and such) * Mask (when scouting and such) * Lucky Cricket in Cage (during down time)

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:33 am

"Thank you," she said, reaching over to touch the jade herself and then nodded once before relaxing some. "It's good to see you alive. I heard the name Inga. No, we haven't seen her or any of the others from the guard. Heard fighting for the last few hours. What's happened? There's been no word and the worst we've seen's maybe one or two of these ugly little green things. Killed them at range."

Nothing like a horde of 20 of the fuckers.
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Reo

Post by Reo » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:18 am

"Tao is dead." Reo's words are as blunt as being hit over the head...well, like Tao had been. "The first wave was fine, but the second"

Reo takes a deep breath. "Inga ran. Ko, Satone and Taoshu focused on the leader while I distracted his guard. I thought all three could beat him. We were wrong. Tao was dead and Ko and Satone were knocked out. I couldn't, I couldn't-"

Reo looks down as his leg. "I had to choose between getting back here and getting help or dying to avenge them. If Inga isn't back, then I'm the only one..."

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:23 am

Tao was dead? That was a gut punch given that she had just talked to him earlier today, given him the jade powder he'd used to the last. Her lip quivered and she fought back tears. Her breath tightened and she closed her eyes. He'd said it himself. It came for them all. Her fingers clenched and she swallowed hard. She didn't want to go... she didn't want to go... but they were in there. They were in danger. Shinsei was probably in there.

"He deserves a proper burial," she said, not speaking of Inga. "We have guards. If the battle is lost, everything is lost. Someone should find his body. Make sure if they're alive or dead. They deserve that."

Reo

Post by Reo » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:32 am

"We were just the first line. I don't know about the second. I figured someone would have to send word. Sadly you got the slowpoke." Reo offers a wry smile, leaning against Ninube, too tired to care.

"This feels nice"

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:42 am

"The hordes of hell aren't all over us. I have to believe right now that this can only be a good sign. If they had failed... it could not have taken this long for Jigoku to come for us." Honestly, that seemed like as good a logic as she could come up with under the circumstances. Her head shook and she sighed some. "If you are able, I'd be willing... not happy, but willing to go to that place, to bring him back. But recover. I'm glad you're alive."

She would not judge anyone who ran, regardless of the reason. She had no right.

Reo

Post by Reo » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:54 am

"Heh. They could probably outrun me here. I can show the way, but I'd almost certainly slow you down"

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:08 am

"Perhaps, but you also know exactly where they fell," she said, finally noticing the way Ninube seemed to hover and smiling. "Ninube would you come with? I think we can spare at least two of the guards here for this. But... I don't like the dead being so close to that... that place." There was just enough knowledge in her. The possibility of Taochusu rising.

It was a disturbing thought. "Once you've rested enough to breathe more easily."

Reo

Post by Reo » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:26 am

"When you put it that way..." Reo grunts and hauls himself back to his feet. "I don't think I'm walking tomorrow and if I stop I don't know if I'll start again." Reo grabs a walking stick and nods. "Each minute out there means less of a chance they make it...or something happens to their bodies."

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:30 pm

Reo wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:32 am
"We were just the first line. I don't know about the second. I figured someone would have to send word. Sadly you got the slowpoke." Reo offers a wry smile, leaning against Ninube, too tired to care.

"This feels nice"
She gives Reo a comforting smile.

To Phi, she responds, "I'm going. No need to ask." She didn't know any of them that well, but she wasn't leaving anyone here to these monsters.

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:38 pm

"I know that feeling of exhaustion. Lead the way. I'll have my bow out and we can be ready for... well, anything," she muttered, nodding as she started to make her way from the edges of the camp towards the crater that lay further beyond. "We'll take the time we need to and be careful about it."

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:53 pm

After making sure that Reo can handle himself, Ninube follows.

Reo

Post by Reo » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:23 pm

The group sets out to attempt another rescue that day.

Return to “The Camp”