[Day 16, Early Afternoon] Momma Spider (Expecting, open to Spider Clan)

Jiyo Sora

[Day 16, Early Afternoon] Momma Spider (Expecting, open to Spider Clan)

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:50 am

Festooned with written nicknames, Sora made his way to the tent of Reiko.

Partly for advice, partly to give it, partly because he had a favor to ask.
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Reiko

Re: [Day 16, Early Afternoon] Momma Spider (Expecting, open to Spider Clan)

Post by Reiko » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:09 am

The Lady of the Spider could be found, like she always was, outside her tent with a scroll and some writing materials.
Spider Clan * Temporary Clan Champion * Reiko family Daimyo * Former Isawa Tribe * Shugenja * Prophet * Bride of Fu Leng * Fire * Bad (blood?) Eyesight * Well Educated * Experienced * Kami Speak * profile
Equipment: Diviner sticks, Yari and Ashigaru armour(when allowed), Walking Stick (bo), Jade, writing tools

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:18 am

"Reiko-sensei? It's your worst student. Do you have a minute?"
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

Reo

Post by Reo » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:25 am

Reo is lounging around, trying to keep his hands and minds occupied. He had heard a rumor about something that happened earlier this morning, and at that he had returned to circle up and be closer with his clan.

He raises his eyes as an Imperial comes by, his hand reaching for his bow in case the worst comes.
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan | Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade, 3 uses of jade dust

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:33 am

Reiko paused in her writing, a small smile on her face.

"I wouldn't say worst. Perhaps the most stubborn, but never worst."

She looked up at Sora.

"Personally, I'd say you were both my favourite and best student."
Spider Clan * Temporary Clan Champion * Reiko family Daimyo * Former Isawa Tribe * Shugenja * Prophet * Bride of Fu Leng * Fire * Bad (blood?) Eyesight * Well Educated * Experienced * Kami Speak * profile
Equipment: Diviner sticks, Yari and Ashigaru armour(when allowed), Walking Stick (bo), Jade, writing tools

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:43 am

He smiled, not that she could see, and chuckled, which she probably had better luck making out.

"I just... I don't know if you can see, but I've made use of your teaching. I've written aliases for various people on my armor and my skin for the descent. Fu Leng gave me the idea- the Nezumi said Fu Leng is a name he uses to protect himself from Jigoku. So I thank you for that. But, ah... not why I'm here."

He took a deep breath.

"I want to know if you have any requests or advice for when we reach your husband. Not the obvious, 'get him out of there,' that's the whole point, but... anything I should say to let him know we can be trusted, and aren't just some illusion sent by Jigoku to torment him. A brother her doesn't trust, a Nezumi, and three men he's never laid eyes on showing up at his prison might not be... seen and trusted."

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:46 am

"Hmm. Good idea."

Reiko paused, thinking, before a smile came to her lips.

"How good are you with the language of the Heavens?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:50 am

He laughed.

"Really, really bad, as it happens, but I can pronounce- or memorize- a phrase if I have to."

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:52 am

"Maybe you really are my worst student."

There was a teasing look on her face before she motioned him closer.

"It's ok, we can practice. There is a saying I have said to him many times, and said to many others when I spoke of him. He will know it's from me. It is Words Have Strength."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:59 am

"Here goes... Words be strong."

He made a face.

"Let me try that again. Words have strength."

Compared to the Nezumi pronunciation he'd been working on, the language of his Emperor was a lot easier to make sound right.

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:16 am

"The second one was almost perfect. The way you say it is important. It means in our language Words Have Strength. The Mantra I have kept going for all these years, to lead us to this moment" Reiko put her hand over her heart "I wish I was going with you, to be there with him. I'll...be there in spirit though, and in guidance."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:20 am

"We'll get him out, Reiko. Whatever it takes. You'll see him soon."

He tapped the left breast of his armor.

"And your nickname will be there with me. I've painted 'Mother Spider' on my armor where it can be seen."

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:21 am

"Mother Spider? Really? Is that the best name for me?" Reiko sighed, shaking her head "I suppose it can't be helped. I would have preferred a nicer name though. And it's the thought that counts."

She reached out, placing a hand on Sora's shoulders.

"Thank you. I believe in you, Sora-san. I know you can do it."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:25 am

"Well, most of these names are meant to be... symbolic. The Emperor's daughters simply get numbers, and we both know I'd rather call them something much nicer."

He reached up to give her hand a squeeze.

"I wouldn't take anything into Jigoku that might suffer from being lost there."

Reo

Post by Reo » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:49 am

"Mother Spider isn't a bad one Ma'am." Reo chimes from outside. "Not that I am eavesdropping, but it's objectively a nice touch. You are pretty motherly to our unruly bunch."

Reo looks over at Jiyo. "But we like your heart. We would hate to have anyone take a bite out of it"
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade, 3 uses of jade dust

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:00 am

"Well, Yamadono will be there to make that difficult for the bastards."

Reo

Post by Reo » Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:05 am

Reo loudly bites a piece of ration. offering a thin smile. "Oh I know. That's what the Mother of Spiders taught us. We all look out for each other."

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:25 am

Ninube arrives. She greets everyone per jade standard. "Hey, what's going on?"
Spider Clan * "Scout" * Unloved By Her Ancestors

Items: Bronze Sword * Jade * Ashigaru Armor (when scouting and such) * Mask (when scouting and such) * Lucky Cricket in Cage (during down time)

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:34 am

"Just getting some pointers from Reiko-sensei for when it comes time to rescue her husband later today."

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:17 am

Ninube nods. Of course Reiko would have the answers.

She then takes a seat by Reo in case she is needed for anything.
Spider Clan * "Scout" * Unloved By Her Ancestors

Items: Bronze Sword * Jade * Ashigaru Armor (when scouting and such) * Mask (when scouting and such) * Lucky Cricket in Cage (during down time)

Return to “The Camp”