(D15-LE) Of Bat and spider (ask)

Ryoshun Mai

(D15-LE) Of Bat and spider (ask)

Post by Ryoshun Mai » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:56 pm

Mai frowned, praying for the safety of those she now held close, even closer than her own clan. What she planned on asking, and working towards, was distracting her from the main tasks at hand. If all went well, for once in her life, she would do something for herself. Even if it was rejected. Even if she were rejected... she had to at least say it.

She carefully carved a tiny kanzashi. The details were some of her most carefully planned, every part of the whole rich with symbolism. It was perhaps truly odd symbolism a spider entwined with a bat. One of the Spider's legs lightly touched the wingtip. The teeny tsubaki flowers, every stroke of the knife tip she focused what she felt.

(Edit so not bouncing off myself)
Ryoshun Family* Artisan * Cursed!
Status - 1.0, Reputation - What is Expected, Glory - 3.5
Wears/Carries:
Light Armor, Sturdy Clothing, tanto, yari, whetstone, Blacksmith's hammer, inherited carving knife, 8 shark teeth

Kanna

Re: (D15-LE) Of Bat and spider (ask)

Post by Kanna » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:04 pm

Finding her way to Mai was one Kanna. She was wary, which was just typical for her (especially here), but her smile when she saw Mai was genuine. After taking a moment to touch her jade to her palm, she sat down near the Bat lass. "Hey." Her charm never failed, did it.
Spider Clan | Reiko's Shadow | Wary | Warrior
Carries: Tetsubo, Bronze Sword, Practical Clothing, Bottle of Wine, Bottle of Beer

Ryoshun Mai

Post by Ryoshun Mai » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:18 pm

Mai quickly did her best to stash the item she was carving trying to obscure the little thing. She leaned forward and touched Kanna's jade, letting her fingertips linger against the Spider's hand.

"You know you are welcome in my tent. Is your charge ok? I mean, we are free for a bit to, err, get our mind off things?" She flushed as she looked Kanna deep in the eyes. "There is something I want to discuss."
Wears/Carries:
Light Armor, Sturdy Clothing, tanto, yari, whetstone, Blacksmith's hammer, inherited carving knife, 8 shark teeth

Kanna

Post by Kanna » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:38 pm

Kanna just took Mai's hand in hers, gripping it gently. "She's not far. I can get back to her in a moment's notice if I must." The look into Kanna's eyes elicited a curious tilt of Kanna's head. "You can talk about whatever fancies you, Mai. Especially to me."
Carries: Tetsubo, Bronze Sword, Practical Clothing, Bottle of Wine, Bottle of Beer

Ryoshun Mai

Post by Ryoshun Mai » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:53 pm

"I was thinking about after this journey. Assuming all goes well on what I want in the future on what I can accomplish and what I want for myself. I realized as much as I like the Bat there is somewhere I would rather be. Someone I would rather be with. That is if..." Mai squeezed Kanna's fingers lightly. "If you are open to the idea of being together."

She blushed, her words kind of tumbling together in a rapid mess, I am just a craftsman and I cannot quote provide the things I wish I could and I don't know how you would feel about us."

"I just want to be near you if I can help you enjoy things, please say so."
Wears/Carries:

Kanna

Post by Kanna » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:35 am

Click. Click. Ding! Kanna's face actually reddened at the suggestion. And then the quick rapid fire statements. She let a moment of quiet reign where she was just... well, smiling at Mai. "If that's what ya want. I would be glad to have you by my side," she leaned closer to Mai, placing a small kiss on her forehead with exactly 0 fucks given as to if someone else might notice.

"Just one thing we gotta get straight. Yer not just a craftsman. You're Mai, and you are sweet and kind and pretty. You're thoughtful, you do your best to help. The fact that you even give me the time of day is a blessing I can't begin to comprehend. But if you really see something in me that you like, and if you really wanna spend the rest of your days with this rough ol' soul. Then I'm not gonna let you go."

Ryoshun Mai

Post by Ryoshun Mai » Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:50 am

Mai hugged Kanna back and leans in to her. "I would very much like to spend my time with you." She let her voice drop to a whisper, "If you perhaps would like us to enter my tent so I can show you a hint of what I would like for that future when we are not engaged in our respective duties to the Clan..."

She then leaned in to kiss Reiko. Mai, the usually shy Bat, didn't care if people saw the kiss. She felt so happy and eager for a future past this dark place.
Wears/Carries:

Kanna

Post by Kanna » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:51 am

Kanna accepted the kiss either. Her 0 fucks policy not threatening to end here. "Just a hint," she said once they pulled away. "We still gotta be careful in this shitty ass place. But when we get out of it, I'll show you show you the passions I can provide." Her grin was wide. And telling.

Return to “The Camp”