Final prayers? (D15 LE closed)

Reiko

Final prayers? (D15 LE closed)

Post by Reiko » Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:47 pm

It had been a long day for Reiko, with all the planning and advice giving. However, the mission was coming to a close, and soon rescuing Fu Leng would happen. She should be happy, but she wasn't. Reiko was worried. One stupid mans arrogance was going to cost them everything, and she didn't know what more she could do.

So she sat writing, thinking as she did so, before an idea came to mind. It might be the only way, but would it work.... I have to try.

Putting her writing to a side, she tidied up her seating arrangement and closed her eyes, bringing her hands to her chest in prayer.

Lady Amaterasu, please hear my prayer. I have done all that I can to get the world to this moment, to save your son and the man that I love from the most evil of places, yet on the eve of the rescue something threatens everything that we have worked towards and puts not only one of your sons in danger but another.

I ask you....no, I beg you. Please, give me the strength to block Hantei crossing into Jigoku. We cannot get this far only to fail, and Hantei does not see what his actions will cause. The Realm of Evil will use him to ensure that one of them falls, or worse both of them. Please hear my prayer.

A tear rolled down her cheek, as she whispered the last word out loud.

"Please..."
Spider Clan * Temporary Clan Champion * Reiko family Daimyo * Former Isawa Tribe * Shugenja * Prophet * Bride of Fu Leng * Fire * Bad (blood?) Eyesight * Well Educated * Experienced * Kami Speak * profile
Equipment: Diviner sticks, Yari and Ashigaru armour(when allowed), Walking Stick (bo), Jade, writing tools

Canary

Re: Final prayers? (D15 LE closed)

Post by Canary » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:12 pm

The cup holding her blessed divination sticks rattles and falls over nearby, scattering the sticks.

[Roll Divination TN 20, raises for clarity]
GM + Bird + Glorious Plumage + Experienced

"Is the dark side stronger?"
"No, no, no. Quicker. Easier. More seductive."

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:21 pm

Reiko looked to the sticks, looking deeply into their meaning but not finding an answer.

What are you saying...

She picked up the sticks again, rolling once more, but it seemed in the darkness the message wasn't as clear as it could be.

D15 LE Divination roll. VP for extra 1k1. TN20+5 raises (TN45): 10d10o10k6 36

D15 LE Divination roll - mastery 5 reroll. VP for extra 1k1. TN20+5 raises+10 for reroll (TN55): 10d10o10k6 51
Spider Clan * Temporary Clan Champion * Reiko family Daimyo * Former Isawa Tribe * Shugenja * Prophet * Bride of Fu Leng * Fire * Bad (blood?) Eyesight * Well Educated * Experienced * Kami Speak * profile
Equipment: Diviner sticks, Yari and Ashigaru armour(when allowed), Walking Stick (bo), Jade, writing tools

Canary

Post by Canary » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:45 am

All she's able to get is "cause trouble", "wisdom" and "god" close to one another, and "light violence". Without the whole of the message, it's only confusing.
GM + Bird + Glorious Plumage + Experienced

"Is the dark side stronger?"
"No, no, no. Quicker. Easier. More seductive."

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:00 am

Reiko frowned.

Is she agreeing with me? Hantei is causing trouble...but I should take a step back lest he resort to violence? This is confusing and unclear.

Reiko sighed, collecting her sticks.

I guess it's up to me to ensure Hantei doesn't doom us all then.

It wasn't what she had hoped for, but there was nothing more that could be done. One thing she swore to herself though; if Fu Leng didn't make it back, she would find a way to get Hantei back...

/scene

Return to “The Camp”