The Wedding Planner (D15, EE. Open)

Togashi Saruko

The Wedding Planner (D15, EE. Open)

Post by Togashi Saruko » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:08 am

If only she'd known about preparing for a wedding sooner, Saruko lamented, but she acknowledged that the decision had come after they had learned more so it made sense that they hadn't known about this to start with.

She had taken some time scribble down notes of what they would need, and she'd already requested some items from the supplies - such as food, and salt.

Her hands were still keeping busy with the large piece of cloth she'd been carrying around for the past days, as the symbol of a crane was coming into shape from the thread.

Now I actually wish Doji was here...
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Reo

Re: The Wedding Planner (D15, EE. Open)

Post by Reo » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:25 am

Reo is feeling a bit out of place, what with all the fancy adornments. The honest soul of a craftsman wants to do something. He goes back to his woodworking lessons.

"I think I have an idea. I can make the pieces to go together, but getting it set and making it pretty..."

Construct aTorii arch. Woodworking/Intelligence (Soul of Artisan), VP spent: 6d10o10k5 43

Reo is exhausted by the end, but the plain wood has been expertly carved, with smoothly rounded pillars and an elegantly tapered crossbeam.
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan | Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade, 3 uses of jade dust

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:28 am

"A torii arch is excellent!" She beamed happily.

"Maybe some paint? I have painting supplies... it will exhaust all I have left of red, but it will have to do."
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Reo

Post by Reo » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:42 am

"Well, if you want some luster, and to help with the connection for Miss Reiko." Reo pulls out a jar and shakes it. "Powdered Jade. I mean, if we want to splurge..."
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade, 3 uses of jade dust

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:01 am

Her eyes widened slightly, but she thought it over.

"As long as it does not jeopardize your own safety, then... it's a good idea. It might be prudent to make sure that the sacred arch isn't corrupted right away."

Theme 2Profile

Reo

Post by Reo » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:10 am

"Oh no, I still have my own full finger." Reo pulls out a piece. "Miss Reiko was incredibly generous and gave me two back before it was rationed. It would be an excellent pay to pay part of it back.

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:24 am

Seeing he had ample protection, and hearing the sentiment, she gave a warm smile. "That does sound like a good idea. One I'm sure she'll appriciate."

"It might not be the wedding she had dreamt of, but... well, we'll do our best to make it somewhat a positive memory for her. As tomorrow will no doubt have much darkness and bad memories in store."

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:26 pm

Ayumu dragged himself into the meeting, bandaged and looking even less fresh than usual.

"Hello Saruko. Hello Reo. Sorry for the delay, we encountered some inconvenience while scouting the place."
Imperial | Former Isawa | Bushi | Artisan | Skeletal
Outfit in camp: No weapon, no trinket (D1-D7), jade (D9+) | On patrol: Light armor, yari, bronze sword, yumi + quiver
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Reputation: What Is Expected | Description

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:01 pm

Kyosei was also bringing something; his arms were full of cloth. He looked between the pair, then decided to proceed as he had planned, and then swing to the side.

"I have some robes. I heard that Fu Leng was the only one of the Little Gods that was interested or skilled in Spirit speaking, and these are the finest shugenja robings I have. Would they help?"

Then, "Do you still require any healing, young fighter?"
Kyosei of the Isawa Tribe
Shugenja • Earth • Experienced • Jade

Glory 2 • Reputation 4 • Status 1
Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.
When out in the area outside the camps, Axe, shovel, bo staff.

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:17 pm

"Hi Kyosei.

I'm much better than I was two hours ago. Not in the best form of my life, but functioning. Two priests already had to pour their magic into me to achieve that result though. I won't say no to fixing the remaining bruises, but I'll understand perfectly if you would rather keep your forces for the trials to come."

(OOC: at 14 Wounds, barely fine but no penalty; as you wish)

Looking at the clothes:

"I've been thinking about making a wedding dress for Reiko. Guess if destiny has decided to put a tailor at the end of the world, there's a reason for that. I'll need to sacrifice someone's finest clothes to get the necessary raw materials however."
Outfit in camp: No weapon, no trinket (D1-D7), jade (D9+) | On patrol: Light armor, yari, bronze sword, yumi + quiver

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:28 pm

"No need to apologise, Ayumu. I just hope you will in tip top shape again for tomorrow, as I think it will require much of all of us," she smiled kindly.

She nodded approvingly to Kyosei's contribution. "We have some silk kimono donated by Nanzi as well... hmmm... with all these donations, I'm sure we can be able to provide enough layers to the outfit to suit the level of formality required. I remember Doji insisted on us wearing many layers for the other weddings." Saruko rubbed her chin in thought.

Theme 2Profile

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:34 pm

"If you wish something else, I also have these, which might be useful for decoration and to show the importance of what is happening." Kyosei digs into a pouch, and pulls out a handful of something. When he opens his hand, there are about a dozen beads, all of jade. Though none are of major size, none are dust either.

small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:49 pm

"That... could be quite good, yes," she nodded. "If you would be able to put them on a string, for a necklace perhaps, that would be fantastic."

Theme 2Profile

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:09 pm

"It will take me a few moments to grind holes through them, but it can be done, yes." He sets up a small work area, then glances at the injured fighter, and pulls a small black knife out. He practicedly flicks it across his arm, and Water spirits swirl up and over the man, curing him of all save his exhaustion. It takes a mere moment for the cut to scab over.

That done, he begins to carefully wear down the middles of the beads.

I take 1 wound, Ayumu heals for a whopping 24! And I have enough jade to auto pass the taint roll.

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:17 pm

"Thanks. Good as new. Well, good as usual at least."

He stretched as a demonstration.

"Wondering if we could make a wedding dress that's both compliant with Doji's recommendations and practical. Reiko might need to be able to run while wearing it."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:20 pm

"That's a good point..." she really hoped it didn't come to that, of course.

"Maybe something that gives the illusion of many layers?"

Theme 2Profile

Reo

Post by Reo » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:15 pm

"Well, we could try cutting out segments and sewing them back together to make it look like a ripple effect. That way, the piece of fabric wouldn't be as bulky, but you would get the visual idea of depth."

Reo looks around, suspecting surprise. "Hey, my childhood was being lent out to every artisan in the Kakita for scut work. I picked up a thing or two."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:18 pm

"I will leave that to the two of you who have more skill with that sort of thing than I do," she chuckled warmly. "And I think Reiko would be happy for both of your efforts."

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:47 am

"Interesting idea."

Ayumu examined the different dresses at his disposal.

"This also would have the advantage of hiding more easily that we had to cannibalize clothes of different fabrics and qualities to achieve our objective."

He brought out the scissors:

"No reason not to start the cutting now. Time is of essence. Never had to do that complex of a dress on such a short delay."

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:16 am

Ayumu started working, cutting the fabric, cleaning it of existing decorations and time-induced imperfections, evening up the straps, slowing sewing them together.

It was... lukewarm. Not bad, but far from his best. Guess that even if the spirits had refreshed his body, his mind was still dealing with the aftershock of a near death experience not even half a day old.

"Sorry. I think I'm going to have to take a short break."

He sat himself under the shadow of the freshly built arch, eyes half shut, trying to retrieve his breath.

Return to “The Camp”