The Wedding Planner (D15, EE. Open)

Jiyo Ayumu

Re: The Wedding Planner (D15, EE. Open)

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:01 pm

Ayumu opened his eyes again, unsure of how much time had passed, but feeling a bit better.

He then went back to work, quietly going through the motions.

The dress started taking form, slowly.

It was... Not bad. Probably the best he could do on such short notice and with such constraints. Not the masterwork of a lifetime, but nothing shameful either. This will do adequately.

He handed the result to the group:

"Here. Should be good. May want to improve upon it by giving it a more spidery feeling, but that's something very personal I think only one of the Spider can truly do.

Before that, should I add a hidden pocket for a weapon or something similar? Might need it in the worst case.

Definitely going to bed after that extra though, I'm barely aware right now. My body may be kicking, but my soul does need true rest."
Imperial | Former Isawa | Bushi | Artisan | Skeletal
Outfit in camp: No weapon, no trinket (D1-D7), jade (D9+) | On patrol: Light armor, yari, bronze sword, yumi + quiver
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Reputation: What Is Expected | Description

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:36 pm

"Is there any extra string? Or twine, I suppose, but that would look... rustic. I have the holes done, but need something to thread them on."
Kyosei of the Isawa Tribe
Shugenja • Earth • Experienced • Jade

Glory 2 • Reputation 4 • Status 1
Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.
When out in the area outside the camps, Axe, shovel, bo staff.

Reo

Post by Reo » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:39 pm

"I mean...I have twine. It would be rustic but..." Reo shrugs "I have it" He pulls a spool out of his bag
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan | Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade, 3 uses of jade dust

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:50 pm

"Get some rest, Ayumu. You've already done much today and your work is greatly appriciated," she gave the Jiyo an appriciative pat on the back.

They all needed to be well-rested for tomorrow.

"I have rope, but I suppose twine would work better." And much to her surprise and joy, Reo had twine as well! It was good to see others came as prepared as she did with lots of different tools and supplies.
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:23 pm

Taking his time, Kyosei begins to thread the beads onto the twine. "Perhaps this is something to mention to Doji as she makes more fashions - sometimes, what may look rustic or simple is needed. Remind everyone that we are all the same in the end, that we all eat the food grown from the land."

small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:37 pm

Saruko chuckled. "I think you misunderstand Lady Doji a little. She does see the great beauty in simplicity, and would rather have a flower in its natural state than some ornament of gold heavy with precious gems and stones," she explained, as she understood it.

"Some of what she speaks of, when she speaks of ways of dressing and speaking, is to bring that sense of unity that we are all the same. We are all humans of the land. Not everyone has the perception to see beyond appearances and mannerisms, and see the connection that binds us all together... but when people share commonalities, they can see it more easily."
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:55 pm

"Huh. Interesting. Perhaps her question wasn't needed, after all." He finishes the beading, and ties the twine into a knot at the end.

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:44 pm

Saruko only blinked with confusion about whatever Kyosei was saying.

Sometimes people were confusing even when she understood their words perfectly fine. It was like the opposite of Shinjo's husband.

Theme 2Profile

Return to “The Camp”